Larian Studios
Is there a difference?
Only in aesthetics. laugh Hope that helps.
You mean in the game or in real life? biggrin
lol, if only I had thought of that.
A BiG pair of these are found on the female -> stupidstupid

Nothing other than the guy is shorter then the female. All depends on which rear you want to look at. laugh

The humor is more gear'd toward the male at times and thats about it really. He is one of the lads at the end of the day.

As a female she comes across as more innocent and has more of a charm having just had near on all her skills taken away. Just watch out for odd girl meets girl moment like in the Black Boar haha!
Originally Posted by Murder
Is there a difference?

Well if you don't know it... well, well...
Originally Posted by Murder
Is there a difference?

No, there is no role-play.

No, I didn't mean THAT role play. you, dirty boy.
*sigh* I just hope this thread doesn't breed new truth into Rule 34. lol
Not yet but close:
http://www.deviantart.com/download/183695177/ego_draconis_by_eludajae-d31d83t.jpg

Haha: http://souleaterevans.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1wta7m

Guess I'll stop browsing deviantart right here >_>
Aside from the women having two Rodneys and a few cute faces (And a nice backside), I'm not aware of any differences.

Shame, really, but I suppose that's the way it goes sometimes.
In Flames of Vengeance, a woman has a unique way of solving a quest.
A woman has different jumping and ladder-climbing animations, and one quest in Flames of VCengeance is slightly different. Other than that, not much.
Breast size?
If you look closely at character creation, male and female characters have the same length of legs up to the waist. Women are shorter from there up, so their legs are a bit disproportionate in length relative to the rest of the body.

You can also spot a gap between the legs and torso on the male if you look closely enough.

It'd be nice if there was more of a difference in how people reacted in conversation to the different genders, but maybe the next installment can do something about that. It would add extra work to be sure.
Originally Posted by virumor
In Flames of Vengeance, a woman has a unique way of solving a quest.

Not got that far yet. silence

Good to know tho. grin
There is a quest in FoV that requires you to be female to take part in it, but an illusionist is nearby so... you can just switch to it.

Otherwise it seems to be entirely cosmetic.

edit: didn't notice there was a second page and the answer was already given, sorry for the repetition.
Originally Posted by Endurium

It'd be nice if there was more of a difference in how people reacted in conversation to the different genders, but maybe the next installment can do something about that. It would add extra work to be sure.

indeed. I had lots of fun in the broken valley as a woman telling some guard that women were weak laugh
I'm curious which quest you are referring to. Can someone please wrap it in a spoiler tag? I can't recall the quest perhaps because of my dialog choices.
Maybe I'm seeing things, but the male and female dragons look different to me too. I thought that was a nice touch.
Yup, the male dragons don't have an egg sack :hihi:
Originally Posted by Shaver
Yup, the male dragons don't have an egg sack :hihi:

And if you have seen the TV movie Fire & Ice you will know the Dragon's egg sack is in the Skull. (not) smirk
Ahem...and so the conclusion is, is that in Divinity II - both male and female are equal. The only difference is the animations.
The quest in FoV that requires you to be female is:

in the playhouse you can be an actress in the play, and are required to in order to complete the quest. There are two different ways to complete it depending on which answers you give during your performance. One way is to use the 'Script' exactly the way it was written, the other option is to find the secret room in the cellar and use the 'Blutspot'(not sure if I spelled that right) version that you get from the secret room.
This is slightly OT, but can you tell me what it says in the playhouse quest when you are not female? I never encountered this myself so I'd like to find out without trying to look through my hundreds of saved games.
Originally Posted by candlebbq
This is slightly OT, but can you tell me what it says in the playhouse quest when you are not female? I never encountered this myself so I'd like to find out without trying to look through my hundreds of saved games.

You could always ask your chap in the Battle Tower to give you a sex-change and load a handy save... I'd do it myself but I'm too lazy. grin
sure i can tell you smile as a male when you tell alfred you are ready to perform he tells you that you are not ready and that you need to be female. thats not word for word but thats what he is saying to you
Originally Posted by Vometia
I'd do it myself but I'm too lazy. grin

I found that funny, so I'm going to assume that was sarcasm.

@lazuranthas: Thanks. I'll add that to guide... I'm in the process of making.
Originally Posted by Vometia
I'd do it myself but I'm too lazy. grin

I found that funny, so I'm going to assume that was sarcasm.

I'm afraid to say it wasn't... frown

But I'll try harder in future! grin
The only difference I've found between the two is when you talk to Ursala, she gives a slightly different response if you're female compared to insulting you and the rest of the male gender. Then it goes back to the exact same dialogue after that one response.
I'll need to make a note of that... maybe its why chose not to kill her.
For the quest mentionned above, is there a way to complete it if you are a male ?

It seems it is the only one I could not finish.

Imarion
You can complete every quest. Does not matter whether you're male or female. The only difference is, females complete them more efficiently because we're smarter hug

I'll need to make a note of that... maybe its why chose not to kill her.
I gave her a hi five and let her go too. In turn, she gave me a kiss and her own bow cheer
Originally Posted by Shaver
I gave her a hi five and let her go too. In turn, she gave me a kiss and her own bow cheer

This is also the approach I took. I'm still not totally certain it was the right one as I couldn't really ascertain whether she was a villain or simply had dubious social skills; but that bow is nice. smile
Well I did not figure how to solve the playhouse quest being a male.

If someone can tell me ...

Thanks,
Imarion
Originally Posted by Imarion
Well I did not figure how to solve the playhouse quest being a male...
H told you that you should look a bit more feminine and maybe to go see an illusionist, didn't he?
Take a hint and go talk to Chanelle, lol
Hum I understood it meant to completely change sex and back not that there was another way around.

I'll do it during my second playthrough.

Imarion
OP:

The aesthetics, as has been said, are much nicer on the female. I am female in life, and still prefer to watch the nice backside of the animated character; the male character looks "clunky" while moving, so the couple of times I started as a male character, I used an illusionist to switch to female because it's much more pleasing to watch. Also, female character does a nice little "flippy-do" after climbs, which I appreciated the art and work that must have gone into doing that (the male character doesn't do that--BORING!).

To other posters.... good golly you are all funny! I haven't played FoV yet-- started it, but decided to go back to the beginning w/ my DKS, since I couldn't play my awesome characters from the original ED. Yes, female character again.

I think this topic has been sufficiently covered in terms of the game... I look forward to other comments concerning 'real life' differences between the genders! smile

My two-cents? The female character kicks butt in the game, and looks awesome doing it (even on low graphic settings). Sort of like real life I guess-- we get the job done, and we look better doing it! heheheheehehe

~~CierraShore
Very well said! You're my kind 'o gal Cierra smile I too am a female irl and all my characters are females except for the one that's rotting in Broken Valley jail for being too ugly! cheer
© Larian Studios forums