Larian Studios
Posted By: kennett5 HELP!!! - 22/12/10 01:31 PM
my character is already in level 33 and yet the damages of my enemies are still BIG!!! even a two lvl 26 can knock me out... any help will be appreciated...

Posted By: Joram Re: HELP!!! - 22/12/10 01:51 PM
Hi kennett,
a warm welcome on this forum smile

Hmm, big damage ...
Is it possible to write down your stats here in this topic?
Is this the first Divinity game you play? If so, welcome in the Divnity Universe biggrin

Do you know which kind of enemies do the most damage? Rangers? Mages? Melee combat fighters?

Your strength affects your Melee Damage Protection (and more)
Your Dexterity afects your Ranged Damage Prot. (and more)
Your Intelligence affects your Magic Damage Prot. (and more)
And how much HP do you have? Maybe spend more points in Vitality (or via Charms or Enchantments).

And your Gear can help to give you more protection! Plus some Charms are to be found to give more protection against all that evil!

And have you your Creature with you to help you in battle? (but you must first do the Quest "Vigor Mortis").
Or you can summon a Ghost to heal you or a Undead or Demon to help you.
For example the skill "Evade" can help you.

Good luck and have Fun !
Posted By: kennett5 Re: HELP!!! - 22/12/10 02:43 PM
thanks for the warm welcome

well i have a hard time battling black ring troopers from lvl 28 - 30
specially with those rangers and magicians.. im using a warrior type and all i can say is that i have a str 67 and im using a scorpion set armor. even though im using hunter set armor (which is with a higher ranged set protection) those suckers still kill me with just the two of them (two black ring troops).. so what will i do to prevent that?..
Posted By: ogreballerina Re: HELP!!! - 22/12/10 07:53 PM
Use summoned creatures to take some of the heat off.
Close with ranged enemies as quick as possible..the flying front roll is perfect for evading enemy fire and quickly getting into the middle of the fight.
Whirlwind is perfect for these situations.
Also use strength and dexterity potions etc, before starting the fight. A sudden jump of 10 strength or more can really even the odds. And they usually last long enough for a prolonged fight.
Run away if necessary and take cover...a few seconds behind a tree or rock or other obstruction will force them to come to you and give you breathing space.
You can also lure a few out at a time...just get close enough to where their health bars and names appear and they will see you also...good for pulling down outlying patrols without alerting the rest of the pack.

Use a bow even if it isn't your part of your build...you can still do some serious damage before they close in.
Posted By: ACSS Re: HELP!!! - 22/12/10 10:25 PM
Fastest solution, turn down your game difficulty. At level 33, you shouldnt be having problem with opponents which level lower than your character, unless you are poorly equipped. Besides you can always use potions, as you should have access to rank 10 potions. Ulthring set should be a better choice in my opinion, and enchant all your armor parts with rank 9 resistances, where you should choose the ones which you weak at.
Posted By: kennett5 Re: HELP!!! - 23/12/10 04:05 AM
where should i buy DIVINE/EXTREME enchantments?
Posted By: Trippy Re: HELP!!! - 23/12/10 06:06 AM
@Kennet5 - if you mean divine charms, there's no really good place to buy them (you might occasioually find one or two on a vendor). The best way to pick these up is to make use of the random loot system. Find a decent chest (with good loot in it), save before opening it, and keep reloading and re-opening it until you get the charm you want.

As for enchants, I got most of mine by disenchanting items I didn't want - much easier that buying or finding formulas.
Posted By: kennett5 Re: HELP!!! - 23/12/10 07:36 AM
thaks guys... im now at Flames of Vengeance little help bout herbal medicine quest....
Posted By: Shaver Re: HELP!!! - 23/12/10 03:48 PM
First, I second what Trippy said.
Second, what about the "herbal Medicine?" Where are you stuck?
Posted By: kennett5 Re: HELP!!! - 24/12/10 11:55 AM
@Shaver need help if to choose free behrlin or not?
Posted By: Shaver Re: HELP!!! - 24/12/10 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by kennett5
@Shaver need help if to choose free behrlin or not?
Why not try both and see the difference your decisions are going to make? I'd suggest the "save game" function of the game before I go one way or other wink
© Larian Studios forums