Larian Studios
In fact, I've two questions.

But first things first:
1) More XP reward for solving Quest at higher level ? So, for example I solve a quest when I'm level 5 ...that give some reward, but let's say I wait to solve that quest till level 6 or higher(!!)...
... give that a better reward ??
OR : are ALL quest rewards FIXED rewards ?

2) Locked Chests and other loot to find:
depend the loot I find on the hero's level? I readed in the past that this is so in Ego Draconis (original), but maybe this is changed in de DKS ??

Many thanks in advance !! wink

It's a Great Saga !!!!
I think the XP reward is fixed, with the exception of the bonus from wisdom.
1.From DivDiv1, I remember that killing all the enemies around and solving quests afterwards was WAY MUCH MORE profitable. In ED it was *almost* the same, dunno about DKS.

2. Hero level + chest level I believe.
In ED, quest EXP is static, and will be the same whether you're level 1 or 30. There is absolutely no reason not to save turning in quests until after killing all possible enemies, unless you don't care about "wasting" EXP.
Originally Posted by Kein
1.From DivDiv1, I remember that killing all the enemies around and solving quests afterwards was WAY MUCH MORE profitable.

This doesn't make much sense to me, especially in hindsight to the "Experience Bomb".

In Divine Divinity quests gave more experience at higher levels. By killing opponents first and then turning in quests you got more experience from both, compared to the other way around.

In D2:ED/DKS the quest experience is fixed, but opponents still give more experience if you are at a lower level than them, and less if you are higher. If you level up by turning in quests and then go kill opponents, you will get slightly less experience than clearing the opponents first. It isn't a huge difference, though.
Thank you all for the comments wink

So, I can be sure that ALL kind of LOOT I can find (in chests, barrels, by enemies, etc ) are based on my hero's LEVEL ! Or not all kind of loot?
Just started (on Xbox) few weeks ago the DKS and take very fast 3 points in Lockpick and search in all chests ... at a (very) low level ... mostly I found potions and a little bit of Goldcoints ...
So next time I wish to wait much longer to open locked chests etc ...
I wonder if the Veins (Iron/Black Rock/Gold/...) are also "level-based" ? I think I read on the forum they're indeed level based, right?

ALSO:
I discovered the Quest rewards are indeed with fixed XP and Goldcoints + 1 or 2 items I can choose ...
I wonder if all variable loot by Quest rewards are also always the same? Or are they randomized? (but NOT level based?)
Sorry, all in all it confused me :hihi: (what is pure randomized loot, what's pure level based and what is fixed loot ... hahaha in fact it's just so funny to see myself confused and think about how and who and what ... lol )
Just to make things absolutely clear:

Loot from chests is based on your level and the 'level' of the chest, which has been individually assigned. This means that a chest may have been set to contain Epic-class loot and thus will always contain Epic loot, but the Epic item in question will still be of lesser quality if you open it at level five rather than, say, level twenty. In other words, it has been previously determined whether a chest will yield loot that is poor, okay, great, stellar, etc., but just how poor or just how stellar it will be, will also depend on your level.

Quest rewards offer fixed amounts of XP and/or gold, plus a variety of random items to choose from, like you said. But again, 'random' isn't absolutely random, because what types of items may appear has been manually assigned. And once more, if the reward is for instance a Heroic-class helmet, its stats will be better if you finish the quest on a higher level. rpg006

In the Flames of Vengeance part of the game, malachite gems have been added to some of the possible quest reward choices, so if you're lucky you may take home five or six at once for solving a single quest!
Originally Posted by Macbeth
Just to make things absolutely clear:

Loot from chests is based on your level and the 'level' of the chest, which has been individually assigned. This means that a chest may have been set to contain Epic-class loot and thus will always contain Epic loot, but the Epic item in question will still be of lesser quality if you open it at level five rather than, say, level twenty. In other words, it has been previously determined whether a chest will yield loot that is poor, okay, great, stellar, etc., but just how poor or just how stellar it will be, will also depend on your level.

Quest rewards offer fixed amounts of XP and/or gold, plus a variety of random items to choose from, like you said. But again, 'random' isn't absolutely random, because what types of items may appear has been manually assigned. And once more, if the reward is for instance a Heroic-class helmet, its stats will be better if you finish the quest on a higher level. rpg006

In the Flames of Vengeance part of the game, malachite gems have been added to some of the possible quest reward choices, so if you're lucky you may take home five or six at once for solving a single quest!

Many thanks !! smile

And I'm very very happy to read (I've set in in yellow or blue colour) that part about the quest reward is also better if it contains an equipment piece ! claphands
I didn't discover this . Great to know ! wink

This game is soooooooooooooo great !!!! I start next week a brand new adventure! This time I wish to start with a Mage type. With Lana II or Jurdenson (I) ... I hope the Illusionist in Faarglow can give me some advise which GENDER I may take this time ... sure he knows what's to most funny gender ... LOL
© Larian Studios forums