Larian Studios
Posted By: joliekiller Some questions part2 - 04/03/12 07:27 PM
hi, me again

I got past all them. Now i'm on sentinal island. I have made my choises for the tower, but does it matter who you choose or not?

Secondly i've declined the offer of will for houses 3 times whats up with that anyway?

greetz Jolie
Posted By: ChrisHLD Re: Some questions part2 - 04/03/12 08:01 PM
You did good declining willy. He's just trying to rip you off.

I didn't think it mattered much who you choose for the tower. Their quests will be different but it pretty much adds up to the same result. Say for instance if you choose Igor instead of the other guy (necromancer) he'll give more creature points to magic instead of melee, but your creature will still be awesome if you have perfect parts.

I choosed Wesson over Radcliffe. Even though Radcliffe's sword was better I just felt sorry for his wife :P
Posted By: Raze Re: Some questions part2 - 04/03/12 08:17 PM

There are quite minor distinctions between servants in what they can do; the primary difference is in their quests. The bonus in creature armour rating from the choice of necromancers, which ChrisHLD mentioned in the spoiler, is negligible when using better quality parts.

Sentinel Island Servant picks....

Willy is a scam artist, which you could have confirmed if you mindread him. You'll meet him again in the FoV section of the game, but there he will be after your help, rather than your gold.
Posted By: hooley boy Re: Some questions part2 - 05/04/12 06:45 PM
Also when you meet willy in FoV you get the chance to rip him off
Posted By: Divine Avenger Re: Some questions part2 - 14/04/12 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisHLD
You did good declining willy. He's just trying to rip you off.

I didn't think it mattered much who you choose for the tower. Their quests will be different but it pretty much adds up to the same result. Say for instance if you choose Igor instead of the other guy (necromancer) he'll give more creature points to magic instead of melee, but your creature will still be awesome if you have perfect parts.

I choosed Wesson over Radcliffe. Even though Radcliffe's sword was better I just felt sorry for his wife :P

it's simple, your servants for the battle tower are as follows.

trainer:
Hermosa = Weapon Skills coest less to improve
Kenneth = Magic skills cost less to improve

Necromancer
Igor = Better Magic based creature
Jonaleth = Better Weapon skill based creature

Enchanter
Wesson = Armour Enchanter
Radcliff = weapon enchanter

Alchemist
Allan = adds the option to make his allen brew
Barbatos = adds the option of making multiple potions that increase your resitance

the best ones to choose are simple if you want to get the most out of the game exp wise.

Trainer = Hermosa
Because it will allow you to use the book of war to increase your skills. If you choose Kennith you will have to give him the book to upgrade the battle tower so choosing Hermosa is the better option because it will allow you to get the skill points from the book as well as gaining the exp for her upgrade quest.

Necromancer = Jonoleth (because he's funny)
Have'nt noticed any real benafits either way but I usually go for Jonaleth because he's so bloody funny especially in the FOV section of the game, Igor freaks me out lol I think you may get an extra skill book from Jonaleth as well but I'm not 100% sure it's been awhile since I chose Igor.

Enchanter = Wesson
Radcliff only has 1 upgrade quest while Wesson has 2 you will not only miss out on some extra exp for choosing Radcliff but also a skill book.

Alchemist = Barbatos
If you choose barbatos then you will gain access as I said to potions that increase your resistance. You will also have the option of using the potion of wisdom to increase your stats. If you choose Allen then you will have to give him the potion of wisdom to upgrade the battle tower.
© Larian Studios forums