Larian Studios
Posted By: Larian_QA Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 13/11/12 08:50 AM
If you have any questions about dragon commander, now is the time to post them on our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/dragoncommander. Farhang Namdar, Lead Designer, will try to answer them as best as he can.

If you don't have a facebook profile, I'll try to get your questions in, but we prefer that you use facebook to collect the questions.
Posted By: Lotrotk Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 13/11/12 09:10 AM
I assume after the 'land ahoy' affair the team decided to have one final vision document review session?
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 13/11/12 06:45 PM
We had a big one, yes wink
Well, I see others have already asked the questions I think are really important so I don't have to join Facebook right now. Huzzah.

So I'll ask a question I won't mind not getting an answer to:

Will Sentinel Island be in the game? And if yes, will controlling it confer some special magical bonuses upon your Dragon Knight or something along those lines?
Will there be a way to see Q&A sessions without having to log in to Face Book ?
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Will there be a way to see Q&A sessions without having to log in to Face Book ?

If you just click http://www.facebook.com/dragoncommander and click close, you can read them without having a profile ?
Yes, I seem to be able to read it. Thank you. smile
Posted By: Joram Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 16/11/12 09:08 AM
When (noon,afternoon, evening or night :hihi: ) will the "Answer" section start ?
And I suppose the Answers we can read on the Facebook page ?µ
Or also here on the forum ?

Thanks wink
Toodeloo hehe
Answers are up!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/drag...ith-swen-vincke-16112012/490970777614963
Thank you ! smile
Q: Can we be a female dragon commander in the campaign?

No – sadly not.

Boo! Hiss!

Well, now that I know, at least I can stop obsessing about it.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 16/11/12 07:17 PM
Hmmm... if one of your held territories is in rebellion, do you need to keep units of your own army in that territory to keep them from turning hostile?

If it isn't in, I think that might be a neat idea to add consequences for your choices, annoy people too much and your effective army size is reduced because you need to use that to hold on to your own territory.

Also, will we be able to at least find recognizable territory on the world map? I want to know where Sentinel Island, Verdistis, and Aleroth are in relationship to the larger world.
Posted By: pall Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 17/11/12 03:38 PM
I'm not sure if Verdistis and Aleroth existed back then.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 17/11/12 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by pall
I'm not sure if Verdistis and Aleroth existed back then.

You have a point on Verdistis, but Aleroth certainly did, as Maxos and others put a vault beneath it where they kept Behrlihn.

Posted By: Raze Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 17/11/12 11:44 PM

When Mardaneus founded the village of Aleroth the catacombs already existed. I don't recall the specifics about Behrlihn being locked in the vault, but there could have been several settlements on that spot at various times.
Posted By: Joram Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 18/11/12 08:27 AM
I'm not disappointed, let that be clear.
It's indeed bad we only can play with a male character, but I can understand the story can't make it with both genders and beside it's a nice case the "bad guy" is a female bad witch or something grin

I'm happy DC ask for making in beforehand strategical steps to survive battles more than 5 turns ... Luckely I still can make use of Rushing in via "Rush Attack!" in DKS hahaha

I'm on the moment totally not sure I can play DC because of money and upgrading pc or buying new one that can handle DC smooth enough .... probably I've to wait until Divnity: Original Sin is coming out on the market wink
I was thinking DC is fun to play on Xbox, but I understand DC will not come on any console ? Sadly, but yeah, what do I know about developing a game ?

Reading the answers after the Q & A round I'm not really "waiting" fro DC to buy it instandly ... div Original Sin I can't wait for :hihi: , but that's because I still love RPG genre more that TBS or RTS, although I play now and then strategy games.

Good luck on developing Dragon Commander !

And if DC contains "TONS of Humour" I'm probably IN for this game only to buy it because of funny humour !! smile
Posted By: Morbo Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 18/11/12 11:39 AM
Is this a Realtime strategy game or a realtime Tactics game .
Posted By: Joram Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 19/11/12 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by Morbo

Yes, BUT with some RPG influences/features ... but I still wonder which one think

It has a turnbased strategic map, on which you make your choices to build units, reinforce countries or attack enemy countries.

Then, when going to actual combat, it's real time strategy as you know it from other RTS games (controlling units and your dragon).
Posted By: Joram Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 19/11/12 08:49 AM
I thought something was "mentioned" in the past about "RPG features" in Dragon Commander, not ?
Originally Posted by Joram
I thought something was "mentioned" in the past about "RPG features" in Dragon Commander, not ?

The RPG part is done on the raven (your capital ship), where you interact with your crew. You make decisions there that influence the people in your countries, your army, your princess, generals, etc...

This part of the game goes very deep, as the characters all have story archs that you can complete, depending on the choices that you make.
Posted By: Joram Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 19/11/12 11:33 AM
Thanks wink
That sounds very good ! And mixing this all with "tons of humour", like the Larians always did so far & do it very well smile

So I really HOPE "Humour" is insight dialogs, situations, etc etc ... included ... because that make it so fun to play !

Without the aspect "humour" I do NOT buy & play DC !! Is that clear ?!?
evil
How many different generals and advisers are there? one per race or more?
... What I don't quite understand : Have I understood this right that floating enemy bases are no more within the game ? Where are their commanders, then ?
... What I don't quite understand : Have I understood this right that floating enemy bases are no more within the game ? Where are their commanders, then ?

I think they meant there will be no more aerial base-building. I'm assuming the enemy commander will have their own Raven-like airbase.
Okay, I do hope so, at least.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 20/11/12 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by WotanAnubis

I think they meant there will be no more aerial base-building. I'm assuming the enemy commander will have their own Raven-like airbase.

And horray for that, because building floating rocks in the sky, EXPANDING the area of the floating rocks, then using that to mine for gold makes no sense.
Posted By: Lotrotk Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 21/11/12 05:32 PM
Will Dragon Commander contain a copy of Larian's very first RTS game?
Posted By: Raze Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 21/11/12 08:49 PM

IIRC years ago Lar said they considered releasing L.E.D. Wars as freeware, but recompiling the game (ie without the copy protection) gave too many errors, due to differences between the compilers used. Maybe as a bonus with D:DC Larian might be able to justify more time getting it working than if it were just a promotional freebie, but I don't know how many people would still play it given the chance. The game has been mention in the forum, but actual gameplay has only come up a couple times: The LED Wars.
Posted By: Lotrotk Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 22/11/12 08:07 AM
Then perhaps they should consider to give the source code to the community? Plus a reward for the first hacker that can get it working DRM free of course smile
Posted By: Morbo Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 22/11/12 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Larian_QA

It has a turnbased strategic map, on which you make your choices to build units, reinforce countries or attack enemy countries.

Then, when going to actual combat, it's real time strategy as you know it from other RTS games (controlling units and your dragon).

So in combat it's more base building to create unite for defense or attack?

Or do you start with a fixed set of units (with the occasional reinforcements from a base or card) and you have to manage with that?

or a mix hehe

The units on the map translate to the (starting) units in combat. Then you have several options in combat to gain units/structures. But we can't go into too much detail about that yet.
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
The units on the map translate to the (starting) units in combat. Then you have several options in combat to gain units/structures. But we can't go into too much detail about that yet.

When will we start to see some new vidoes about Dragon Commander?
Posted By: Layncom Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 25/11/12 02:30 PM
WoW Octaaf Fieremans in the interview with gamescope.ru
on (IgroMir Game Expo 2012) (4-7 October) said MAXOS will make his apperance! laugh

Link to interview! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaObWvWXSfo&feature=player_embedded

What do you think? laugh
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 26/11/12 08:10 AM
QA-Man spilled the beans! Bad QA-Man!
Maxos ?
Maxos.
MAXOS ?!
Maxos Maxos Maxos Maxooos!
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 26/11/12 10:46 AM
If you say it like that in front of a mirror, Amdusias appears and slits your throat ...
Posted By: ForkTong Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 28/11/12 10:36 AM
You lie. I tried it. Nothing happened.
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 28/11/12 11:19 AM
You’ve got balls, ForkTong, I’ll give you that!
Pfft. Amdusias. Isn't that the guy who wasn't cool enough to become a Dragon Knight?
Posted By: Morbo Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 28/11/12 06:16 PM
Wasn't that fixed in patch :

Fix: the game no longer freezes during the Sassan summoning scene
Fix: NPC characters can no longer disappear
Fix: various cut-scene/dialog issues have been addressed
Fix: various story and gameplay/balancing issues have been addressed
Fix: no longer able to start a new game before the character model is loaded in
<b>Fix: Amdusias is no longer able to appear to slits your throat when you say it 3 times in front of a mirror</b>
Feature: by popular demand, a Nightmare difficulty mode has been added to provide players with the ultimate challenge!
Originally Posted by ForkTong
You lie. I tried it. Nothing happened.

IF your a real man your say Suge Knight three times in front of a mirror.
If you say that three times before a mirror,
Bellegar arrives and tries to cloud your mind wth his rhymes !
Posted By: Layncom Re: Q & A on Dragon Commander Facebook page - 03/12/12 09:00 PM
1. Will you be able to customize Raven? (I'll rephrase that) WHAT can we customize?
2. Will you be able to gather ambassadors in the bar and drink them under the table? (ALL OF THEM TOGETHER! LIKE A SIDE QUEST OR SOMETHING) I can see it! Lizard ambassador siting next to elf and insulting each other laugh dwarf and undead arguing about what's more important RELIGION OR MONEY! e.t.c.
3. Will you meet other dragon's? (And i'm not asking about AURORA)
4. What colour is DC underwear? hahahahahahahahaha
Any info on specs, guys?
© Larian Studios forums