Larian Studios
Posted By: Beeber What's the link between this and Div2: DKS? - 18/04/20 05:59 PM
It's obvious because the central theme in both games are dragons.

But please tell me more than that? Like, how long from the ending of Divinity 2 do the events in Dragon Commander start? Who's the main villain? Damian?

And is the Dragon Commander our Dragon Knight in Divinity 2?

And many more questions. Just tell me what you know please. Please? I'd really appreciate it.

Bonus question: If my laptop can run Divinity 2 smoothly at its lowest graphical settings, will it be enough to run Dragon Commander?
Dragon Commander is way in the past before any of the games. https://divinity.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline
When comparing the minimum hardware requirements (can easily be found on GoG or steam) it is clear that Dragon Commander needs slightly more. There's no surprise there since it is running on a more modern engine. So no, you don't know for sure if your hardware can take that. Follow an online guide to look up your PC specs (hint : dxdiag).

The Villain in DC, well we don't want to spoil things, but as caninelegion said, the story takes place way before any other game. Damian isn't born yet in DC's timeframe.

Dragon Commander really stands out from the other games, but it is fun alright.
Posted By: Raze Re: What's the link between this and Div2: DKS? - 19/04/20 07:19 AM

After the Developer's Cut release, someone was playing around with dragon combat and discovered increasing the flying speed made it more fun. Initially that was tinkered with thinking it might be suitable for a DLC for Divinity 2, but things kept getting added and it evolved into Dragon Commander.

The minimum requirements for DC are not a lot higher than D2:DC, so it may be able to run the game ok. However, that depends on how much headroom there is in the smooth performance and how necessary the lowest graphics settings are.

Minimum requirements are:
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E6600 or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM (4GB would be better, especially in Win 7/10).
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GT (512 MB) or ATI™ Radeon™ HD 4850
© Larian Studios forums