Larian Studios
Posted By: LordCrash WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 24/04/13 10:14 PM
2nd attempt..... wink

I'll let Swen speak for himself:

@Weresheep: I have room for two Weresheep in the Larian offices this friday for the final event that will be streamed live. Those two can play DOS once David & me finish and participate in the party.

I'll let the Weresheep sort out how you pick the two - let us know on info@larian.com by thursday evening or so.

Well, who wants to join the party this Friday?

Feel free to write a post here why you should visit the party and how the whole herd could benefit by sending YOU to Larian as anofficial Weresheep emmisary! This is a pure volunteer act but it would be very kind of you to tell the other weresheep something about you in case you will be chosen to be our official emissary.

All people who answered until Thursday afternoon (CET) will be on the final list of prospects. Then I will send that list to Larian who choose two of you from that list by random principle.

But please make sure that you really have the time for attending the party this Friday and you can afford the accomodations/travel costs! Everything else would be unfair towards the other prospects!

meh
Ok little asl if we want to send diff. demographs or whathaveyounot:

Katrien
Female
Brussels

I don't work on fridays! oh please please i can't go to fanday -.-

I'll up my pledge as a token of my gratitude,tell me what you need and I'll do it but Pleaze let me go!

I don't think I earn it more than anyone else, but I've been a fan of larian for over..erm..8yrs or so..Been with the KS from day 1,apid advertisers to promote it, spread the word to all my friends,bugged them for pledges, defended larian on forums from RPGwatch to IGN and in all the comments sections of the articles and youtube vids, have been an avid reader of Swen's blog ever since I discovered it (2yrs or so?) and have I mentioned D:OS is going to finally fill the very nice isometric RPG shaped hole inside of me, left by DD and others.. and yes I cannot go to fanday since on holiday -.- ..but as said this is rewarding in itself to share the marvell that is Larian with the world.

Maybe a female would be cool to show it's a good thing to try and convince your GF to play with you wink

=) Ofc I would need to find a babysit but IDC,it's done.. So that's for my motivation ^^

I could write a very nice report about it,lot of pics if larian would let me, so it would be just as if you guys were there?

And oh yeah you would save my neigbours from listening to KS wrapup on stream/stereo speakers all day ^^

Edited by dwelfusius (Today at 01:26 AM)

sorry just repost,should be in bed already very sleepy ,let's not "pollute" this post and be nice, let's be an example of the larian community.. god i need sleep..ciaooo smile
Posted By: ziffy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 24/04/13 10:52 PM
Hummpfff. After reading previous thread, not sure if I want to represent the weresheep at Larian, I'll have to sleep over it. It's kinda spoiled.

But anyhow, same as dwelfusius, I repost what I've said before.

I live in Belgium (about 120km from Gent). I'm Male.

I see everybody is starting to post their age... well, within two years I hope to find the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life" --> so I'm 40.

I have to work, but I could make an exception...
I've also a D&D session (Dragonlance, already ~15years with the same people, it's great) to play that evening... for this is hardier to make an exception. That's a tough one, but Larian might be an exception on that.

Motivation: I've always been the black sheep in the family... so for once in my life...

I would love to have a chance to see the work behind a game (and its developers)... maybe I'll make a career change. But probably the Larian's won't be in the mood on friday to give extensive "lore" about that.

Of course, just having a chance to play the game, instead of watching it...

The emissionaries should at least write a report!

And perhaps some of the unfortunate weresheeps have some ideas what the emissionaries should do... (but walking in a sheepcustome the whole day would be terrible I guess)

---
I'm probably one of the older guys, so if there are younger...
There are probably emissionaries with very original ideas.
If so, I gladly revoke my (already partly think) entry
Posted By: dlux Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 24/04/13 11:06 PM
Good luck fellow Weresheep horsey and Weresheepettes cheer

smile
Originally Posted by ziffy
Hummpfff. After reading previous thread, not sure if I want to represent the weresheep at Larian, I'll have to sleep over it. It's kinda spoiled.

Aww come on. Just because there are some black sheep in there, doesn't mean you have to hate the whole family all of a sudden... ;-)

Edit: to make things clear for everybody... this is just a sarcastic remark, that was meant to be funny. With "black sheep" I refer to both dlux and myself both of which were involved in the quarrel in the other thread. (Note how I said "some black sheep" and not "A black sheep".)
name: Laurents Van Cauwenberghe
i'm from Werchter
a reason for why i deserve...
there actually isn't a reason why i should be allowed to go more than anybody else, i didn't pledge 10k$ i didn't save swen's, i didn't get 500 people to back the project etc.
the reason why i want to go is simple, i'd be amazing to actually try original sin, i think it would also help me decide whether i want a carreer in video game development or not :p

could anyone tell me when this is, by the way?
time/date i mean
Posted By: dlux Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by foobarry81
Originally Posted by ziffy

Aww come on. Just because there are some black sheep in there, doesn't mean you have to hate the whole family all of a sudden... ;-)

Yeah, black sheep like foobarry, who compares a democratic vote for all to "fascism like in animal farm, where only the pigs could vote", because he isn't very bright and can't tell the difference. wave
Posted By: X-tasy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 06:11 AM
Male
Hamburg
apprentice
I have holidays. but i have live in Hamburg,Germany so it would be a long trip.
I played DD and D2 multiple times tried BD but it was too boring. Since i only have Paypal i am not a weresheep by pledging but per heart.
i liked he larian facebook site times before we had too and subscribed to their youtube channel.
I vistited the Ks campaign from the first day and advertised for it on youtube an a various of other forums. I managed to get 2 friends in pledging money. In Rivellon i love the humor and the appearence.
I would write an article in this forum about it and take a few pictures with my smartphone.

i would demand to get another hint for the weresheeps and i would share it of course. and i want to see wether swen is taller than me because he always looks very tall in the videos xD.

again another repost,
when do we get to know who is choosen? would be could to know if there is an exact time.
Originally Posted by dlux
Yeah, black sheep like foobarry, who compares a democratic vote for all to "fascism like in animal farm, where only the pigs could vote", because he isn't very bright and can't tell the difference. wave

Even though I'm not very bright, I do know that every animal could vote in Animal Farm, in a "democratic vote" like the one you proposed. So not only the pigs. It seems like you sadly failed to grasp what I meant to say with that too.

Now don't be such a sore loser, please respect LC's wish to make this a normal thread and shut it.
My participation post. I'm Davy, from Belgium (50kms from Ghent), 33 years old and fan of Larian Studios since The Led Wars (1997 - RTS). I'm a huge fan of their games, not only because they are the only serious game developer of Flanders, but they just make great games. Games I like to play. I'm also a supporter of Divinity Original Sin since they started their Kickstarter campaign and a member of the WOOS since their inception. I've been also working very hard promoting this game to all of my gaming friends and family and I have my wife on track to play it in co-op with me when it releases. Online I have been busy getting the word out for D:OS on Tweakers.net ( http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1543454 ) and 9Lives.be. This doesn't entitle me more to go to the KS wrap-up party than anyone else, but it's just a short introduction to what kind of WOOS member and Larian fan I am.

What will I do for the WOOS when I can go to the KS wrap-up party?
Make all the WOOS very jealous I was there and they were not. oops

In all seriousness: i'll take photo's/make video's (if the Larian dudes let me) and write a nice report/article for the WOOS afterwards.

Thank you for your consideration thankyou
quick questions:

what is Larian Studios adress ( to see how long travel time would need to be) and when are "the chosen one" expected?Not unimportant information smile
Stapelplein 70A
9000 Gent

At your service wink
Right, here we go.
Hi, fellow Sheep (& non-Ovine participants).The name's Jur (funnily enough my *real* name isn't Runeweaver...), and I'm a 42 year old male from Oudendijk, the Netherlands. If you've never heard of Oudendijk I'm not surprised – it's a smallish village some 35 km north of Amsterdam.

I've been teaching math for 13 years; currently on an extended break due to, let's say, personal stuff...
(I do have a car, and it's something like a 4-hour drive from Oudendijk to Gent.)

So why me. Well...
TL;DR: Please let me go, pretty please? grin

Now, I'm not a long-time fan like Katrien or Davy... I did play DD when it first came out (& a very nice game it was), somehow missed BD, and tried D2 too soon. (As Swen himself stated, it came out way too soon cry .)
*However* – this whole D: OS KS thing has shown me a unique perspective of Larian Studios; and they are absolutely awesome people! Adding Weresheep to D: OS; the Update Song; the comments in the KS comment section; all above and (way) beyond the call of duty, I think. So thankyou , Larian!
Then, there's the Weresheep Flock itself; what started out as a joke soon grew into a huge pile of wooly delight. In fact, the whole WoOS thing managed to break me out of a life-long habit of lurking; so kudos to the Flock [insert appropriate sheep-related sound here]. And that's quite a feat; personally, I'm more of a Penguin-person (now *there's* a surprise...)
*If*, by some kind twist of fate, I'm actually one of the Chosen Sheep (does that sound too religious shame ? I can work on that!), I can take pictures; and I will of course do a write-up with my fellow Emissary. Also, I promise not to do anything *too* silly as the rest of the Flock (& the world) watches...

In conclusion: I apologise for the wall of text (I have this habit of rambling...), but I guess I realy want to go...
Posted By: Joram Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Fodbaddun
Stapelplein 70A
9000 Gent

At your service wink

If you come by train, take station "Gent Dampoort" and then you have to walk for about 15 a 20 minutes.
Short description:
from station Gent Dampoort take North (= R40: Dok-Zuid) and then you can't miss Stapelplein.
(don't forget to look around the building because you don't "see" the entrance immediately wink
I once visited LS for play-testing of the Flames of Vengeance part ! smile
Cool & friendly guys are the Larians laugh !

Note of warning !
I don't put myself on this list because I don't deserve it ... And what's more important:
With a Bellegar in my head,
Who knows what this can provoke being there at Larian Studios ?!?

I don't wanna loose a fantastic developers team because the Bellegar in me put an end on everybody's life
Summoning thousand & thousand of Black Wheresheeps with
One magistral poetical phrase !!
aargh
I've read in the previous topic that we have to be there between 1pm and 1.30pm CEST.
I'll quickly reiterate that I'll be at the fan day in any case, so your weresheep.net provider prefers to let someone else go in his place. HF hehe party
Originally Posted by dwelfusius
quick questions:

what is Larian Studios adress ( to see how long travel time would need to be) and when are "the chosen one" expected?Not unimportant information smile

The livestream will start at 14:00 Brussels time so I think you should be there at the latest. But more details will be given to the two chosen ones by Swen/Larian himself I think. smile
So a quick summary so far:

Dwelfusius
ziffy
daemento
X-tasy
Runeweaver
DarthDavy

@daemento
Are you a weresheep? Sorry for the question, mate, but I don't recognize your name and I just want to go sure since thise thing is for weresheeps only. And I think your age could be problematic as well. I don't know if alcohol is available at the party later and Larian could run into some serious legal problems if you stay there. I'm not into Belgian laws that much, it just came to my mind when I read your post.... wink
LC we have an estimated time for the ballot/voting/whatever?
LC we have an estimated time for the ballot/voting/whatever?

I would say 20:00 Berlin time. smile
Posted By: Dexyd Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 12:42 PM
Hi I'm Stefan, I'm 36 and I live in Ghent, Belgium. Just like everybody I do the best I can to get as much attention to D:OS as possible on 9lives (Drez) / tweakers.net (D-rez) / winamp.com and not to forget facebook, were i started the Woos-page (https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin).

I would love to go!

Oh and did I mention I work only about 1750m from the Larian studio.

WOOS! I just found a reason to spam this picture again!
[Linked Image]
Dwelfusius (Katrien)
ziffy
X-tasy
Runeweaver (Jur)
DarthDavy (Davy)
Dexyd (Stefan)

(daemento (Laurents))
ok..if it were like 19h it would be cool too ofc smile
Posted By: dlux Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by dlux

Even though I'm not very bright, I do know that every animal could vote in Animal Farm, in a "democratic vote" like the one you proposed. So not only the pigs. It seems like you sadly failed to grasp what I meant to say with that too.

I didn't fail to grasp anything. I was just pointing out your ridiculous argumentation, where you said I was fascist who uses Hitler-like tactics, because I originally wanted a democratic vote (I thought the Weresheep stick together - WRONG). If you can't tell the difference between democracy and fascism, then you are a moron.

Now don't be such a sore loser, please respect LC's wish to make this a normal thread and shut it.

Me a sore loser? More like you are sore loser. After all of your bigoted insults you realised that there is no way you will be going to Larian, so you pulled out. smile

Anyway, I said about 20 times yesterday that it would be better if Larian decides after you started causing trouble, which is what we are doing now. but your thick skull and bigoted mind prevented you from understanding that.

But you still decided that it was necessary to call me a fascist who resorts to Hitler-like tactics, just because i'm a German who proposed a democratic (!!) vote. Yeah, you ran out of arguments real fast and started pulling cheap insults out of your ass.

But if you shut it, then i'll shut it too, even if you're just a lousy racist and a bigot.
Can't you clarify that via PM, PLEASE????

@ Mod: Please delete all comments which don't follow the instructions of my intial post....
Posted By: dlux Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 03:46 PM
That is what happens when a stupid fucking racist bigot like foobarry starts writing his bullshit on the forum.

At least he won't be going to the party. SUCCESS. smile

Originally Posted by LordCrash
Can't you clarify that via PM, PLEASE????

@ Mod: Please delete all comments which don't follow the instructions of my intial post....

If that moron attacks me on the forum, then I will answer on the forum. Sorry, but this now personal. I hate racists and bigots like foobarry.
@LC: I agree. This has now officially gone way beyond ridiculous.

@dlux: I'm not even going to bother reading all of that anymore. You make no sense at all to me, probably because you are borderline genius, and I'm dumber than a donkey's arse. So it's no use to even further try and discuss this. I'm sorry to have ever questioned your superiority. You rule! Please also don't ever PM me. I promise you I will not bother reading it either.
Posted By: dlux Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 04:11 PM
No, you're just a racist and a bigot who has destroyed all of the fun us for with his racist and prejudice comments, because he couldn't keep his childish rage under control.

So yeah, you are pretty fucking stupid, but that does not make me any more superior than any one else here.
You guys make me sad....
Dwelfusius (Katrien)
ziffy
X-tasy
Runeweaver (Jur)
DarthDavy (Davy)
Dexyd (Stefan)

(daemento (Laurents))
Dwelfusius (Katrien)
ziffy
X-tasy
Runeweaver (Jur)
DarthDavy (Davy)
Dexyd (Stefan)

(daemento (Laurents))

I like these odds hahaha
Originally Posted by DarthDavy
I like these odds hahaha

I that case I do want to come! Just to bully you. evil (No, not really. groovy)
LC it's 8 oclock!
LC it's 8 oclock!

Posted By: X-tasy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 06:09 PM
Would be good to know soon who is going just in case that two of us have to plan etc.
I've been trying to contact Larian for hours now but it's hard to get through to them in the final hours, sorry pals.... wink

Final list:

Dwelfusius (Katrien)
ziffy
X-tasy
Runeweaver (Jur)
DarthDavy (Davy)
Dexyd (Stefan)
this sucks, can't go because i'm still at school. to the people who go, have fun smile
Posted By: X-tasy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 06:23 PM
If they dont answer till 20:45 make it on http://www.random.org/lists/. and we just have to trust you to dont pick your favorites and do it in at te first try.
yes please i need to know whether to get a babysit or not

You're not coming to the weresheep meetup if you're not going to Larian? ;-)
Final list:

Dwelfusius (Katrien)
ziffy
X-tasy
Runeweaver (Jur)
DarthDavy (Davy)
Dexyd (Stefan)

Originally Posted by Robrecht

about that, when is the weresheep meetup?
not sure yet, but either way it's easier since its near station, so my travel time is like half
Final list:

Dwelfusius (Katrien)
ziffy
X-tasy
Runeweaver (Jur)
DarthDavy (Davy)
Dexyd (Stefan)
Originally Posted by deamento

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=464126

Short: Tomorrow at noonish in Ghent.
Originally Posted by deamento

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=464126

Short: Tomorrow at noonish in Ghent.

fuck...
Final list:

Dwelfusius (Katrien)
ziffy
X-tasy
Runeweaver (Jur)
DarthDavy (Davy)
Dexyd (Stefan)

Still no answer from Larian yet (neither here nor on the KS comment section). So I suggest that I will perform the raffle myself if I won't hear anything from Larian until 22:00 Brussels time. You agree?
Posted By: X-tasy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 06:51 PM
Just do it. But be honest thats all i request. I think everyone will accept their fate.
Final list:

Dwelfusius (Katrien)
ziffy
X-tasy
Runeweaver (Jur)
DarthDavy (Davy)
Dexyd (Stefan)

Still no answer from Larian yet (neither here nor on the KS comment section). So I suggest that I will perform the raffle myself if I won't hear anything from Larian until 22:00 Brussels time. You agree?

Yes, by all means, LC, end this ordeal! ;-)
Posted By: Dexyd Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 06:53 PM
just got the kids in bed
please go ahead and do it, i have enough trust in you to believe that you will not pick favorites smile
Posted By: Dexyd Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 06:55 PM
http://www.miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/
aaargh smile
Go ahead, LC – and end our suffering... wink
Posted By: X-tasy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Runeweaver: WoOS
Go ahead, LC – and end our suffering... wink
Yeah Do it laugh
30 minutes......countdown...
meh
Oh man, just go on with it. I have to arrange things too if needed...
Posted By: Dexyd Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 07:48 PM
you should all be wathing the live feed http://nl.twitch.tv/larianstudios
Originally Posted by Dexyd
you should all be wathing the live feed http://nl.twitch.tv/larianstudios

well, the game crashed smile
@LC are they announcing the ballot or something..cuz i would really need to know to arrange things if i get it -.-
Oh man, just go on with it. I have to arrange things too if needed...

+1 oops welcome
Ok, no news from Larian so I will do it myself now.

Stay tuned.
I have crazy idea.. There are just 6 of us... Can't anyone ask Larian if all six of us can go. I mean: two people, three, four... six... who's counting... Doesn't matter all that much, right?
Posted By: X-tasy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 08:03 PM
They said they have only room for two LC pls do it now
I think they will be very busy
And the winner are:

DarthDavy
Dwelfusius

Congrats! smile

[Linked Image]

If someone doesn't believe me that it was a random choice, I also made a video of the process which I can upload in the case....
Oh man, i actually started already arranging stuff so i can go tomorrow (with work and my family), so i'm really itching right now if i can go or not...

I have a three year old too like dwelfusius and she really likes her daddy to tell her story before she goes to sleep, so i already said to her there is a possibility she won't get it tomorrow evening, but on saturday daddy will be very happy and tell her a story of two fearsome weresheep who have visited Larian Studios LTD and enjoyed many more exciting tales there that have to be told.

My other kid just pulled his shoulders and said: "whatever dad"... I really need to work on that kid smile
whah! whaaaah! Superawesome ..I was sure I wasn't going to make it..oh..now I feel bad for the others frown

start calling now -.-
And the winner are:

DarthDavy
Dwelfusius

Congrats! smile

[Linked Image]

If someone doesn't believe me that it was a random choice, I also made a video of the process which I can upload in the case....

Wow! Thank you!!!! Happy dancing around the table happening now!
Congrats!!
Posted By: X-tasy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 08:11 PM
Congratulions, although i am a bit sad. smile
Posted By: PeopIs Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 08:13 PM
CongaRatz! Make us proud and provide picz! And full report! smile
I feel bad as well for everyone who can't go... frown

Congrats to our two emissaries. Make the herd proud!

We would be definitely very pleased if you could provide us with some kind for report and pictures. And hey, from tomorrow onwards, you won't be anonymous any more. I'm quite sure that we'll see you two on the live-stream playing D:OS with Swen and David. Have fun! smile
Posted By: dlux Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 08:15 PM
Congratulations Dwelfusius cheer and DarthDavy rpg007!!

I am very happy for you guys!! smile

meh birthdayjump celebrate birthdaypie birthdayjump celebrate birthdaypie meh
congratulations
i'll cry in a corner laugh
Posted By: ziffy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 08:23 PM
blllllaaaaah nooooo!

Blacky sobs... "as always".... turns his back to the flock and hides in the shade...

When the *full* moon gets up, an incredible blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh rumbles through the valley.

Diiieeeeee, it was mine...., they will all suffer, diiiieeeeee !!!

Sob...

DarthDavy & Dwelfusius: Have fun for at least 200(?) white and ONE black weresheep: wave

Ziffy now moves on to twitch channel (thinking to withdraw his pledge...) think
Well... I just have a really nice Dragonlance evening then rolleyes

no, really congrats, you deserve it both.
Like I said. I will try to do everything to make you guys as jealous as possible that I'm there and you are not, which includes pictures, videos (as much as my Galaxy S2 can hold - I'm cleaning it right now) and sharing my experience so all of the flock feels like they were there with us too.

That was my promise from the beginning and I'll try my best to not disappoint you.
Posted By: ziffy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 08:24 PM
Sob! Please make a picture of both weresheep in action. I won't be able to watch the countdown at my work.
Posted By: Dexyd Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 08:25 PM
ok I now have to kill katrien
Grats guy/gal, feel free to hook up with us for a pizza or whatever depending on how late things get over there smile
@ DarthDavy @ Dwelfusius

I try to get in contact with the Larian guys right now in order to let them know that we found our emissaries. They should provide you two with the necessary details for tomorrow (exact starting time and so on).

I hope I'll get an answer this time soon. smile
was thinking that too..stressing out about my sitter -.-

should be ok, got lots of backups, but would like to see it double confirmed
Dwelfusius, DarthDavy – congratulations and celebrations! birthdayjump
Well grats to the lucky bastards smile.

Tho i want to thank LC for endure alot of flak and still taking it on himself and making this possible.
Posted By: ziffy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 08:54 PM
At least one quest for the emissionaries:

--> make it +1M $ (no rules, use everything you have to accomplish this) hehe
hey guys..any questions you would like us to ask?
@Dwel

Ask them how much exactly they hate me :P
hey guys..any questions you would like us to ask?

Be sure to ask their art director if Kirill's hairstyle is going to be in the game wink
Have been watching football up until now. Congrats guys!
Posted By: ziffy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 09:21 PM
@dwel:

The editor (might already be asked, I don't know):

What kind of license will it have?
Can all items/arts be used in a game you than publish on the internet.
Is the day/night schedule already sort off implemented in the editor?

Further:

Make it 1M $ please!

If we do not reach 1M $, try to convince them to make the day/night schedule anyhow. Use your charm hehe

Posted By: ziffy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 09:22 PM
And the most important q'n: can they include one black sheep in the game? thankyou
Posted By: Dexyd Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 09:34 PM
Dwelf, if you get there, ask them if i can come to. wink
New information!

Swen Vincke ‏@LarAtLarian 1m

@CrashMjF @larianstudios Tell them to send an email to press@larian.com. They should show up at 18:00 at Larian Studios for the party

Sorry for the wrong time, I didn't know that myself..... frown
Posted By: ziffy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 25/04/13 09:40 PM
darn, I didn't even had to take a full day off from my work... bummer!
I would love a signed copy of this to hang above my bed, haha:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2qkl8ao&s=4

If that isn't possible some questions will do too!

For one, could you ask them a bit more about the companions? Specifically about the floating brain and if they are planning on implementing other "weird" companions?

Also I think a lot of us would like their view on joining a game. Do they think it will be possible to import your own character? Or do they just give your character a total reset when you join?

Cheers and have fun!
Posted By: Raze Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 26/04/13 01:10 AM

When you join a game you take over one of the main characters of the person hosting the game (which they would otherwise be controlling themselves in single player). There will be something like Divinity 2's illusionist to change the character, if you don't like the host's choices.

Welcome to the forum. wave
Will you be at the party, Raze?
Posted By: Arhu Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 26/04/13 10:33 AM
Congrats you two! smile

It's fate, I'm telling you. 1 guy and 1 girl, as predicted. On top of that, together they are Double-D. Back to the roots, eh?

Go make the weresheep proud -- and be sure to take pictures and write everything down.
Congratulations to DarthDavy and Dwelfusius! I'm so happy we have a male and female representative for our flock! laugh
Posted By: Raze Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 26/04/13 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by virumor
Will you be at the party, Raze?

No, it's a bit too long of a commute.
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=463847#Post463847

DarthDavy, where is your weresheep dresscode!? silly

Good question! horsey
Belgium - so close yet so far away. I did actually go there one time, long ago; if only that time could be now.
I'm really looking forward to Dwelf's and DarthDavy's acoounts of this epic party. smile
my head hurts -.- no seriously ^^ it was very nice, got some pics,davy has some too I think, but a bit too tired to be thinking about that now.. (kids he, they wake you at the darnest hour)..truth be told i was like one of the last people to leave but that was more because my BF couldn't find the place to pick me up than by choice (not because it wasn't nice but because I was broken (drinks not that much but appt. i can't hold my liquor anymore , i mean i was drinking spuitwater for a whole while but I think mainly not a good night sleep since..eh..my kid was born and the following of the KS didn't help smile ) - the man with the hammer came- (dutch expression) when i was waiting outside for my BF but my phone died,so i had to walk back (luckilly there were still some people there!) in order to call him again..uegh..

I'm so glad we reached the 1m stretch goad smile more to follow later..I see the vids up at twitch tv, I'll be watching that now..more larian goodness ^^ jeuj
Posted By: Garod Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 27/04/13 07:33 AM
Take it easy Dwelf, and you can't imagine the envy on the chat when Octaaf put the camera on you two and told us you were playing Divinity. But I'm happy to hear that you had a blast and I'm looking forward to your report when your headache stops pounding !!
Take it easy !
Posted By: Inanna Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 27/04/13 07:41 AM
I'm glad to hear that you had a good time Dwelf! You had so many envy glares from me I have to admit. To have your hands on D: OS... you lucky, lucky person!
I more envied them for being personally part of this unique event. Taking to all that damn great developers and havins such a good time.

You well deserved it and i hope you took a whole lot of unforgettable memories with you.
Posted By: ziffy Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 27/04/13 08:34 AM
sob,sob, sob, sob... so close, so darn close.

I hope the headache was worth it (don't dare to mention it wasn't :-))
Glad to hear you enjoyed the party, Dwelf. It sure looked like lots of fun from our side... :sigh: Take care of your head ouch , and use the weekend to relax.

Alternatively, you could jump in a car/train/bus/whatever & head north.
If you managed to reach Hoorn (located in the north-west of the Netherlands) by 16.00, you'd be able to see me perform silly gymnastics wink It's World Tai'Chi day, apparantly...
Posted By: Garod Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 27/04/13 09:32 AM
off that's a little too far away from me for today =)
Love tai chi though
Report will be incoming (with pictures) later this day.

Great party, great atmosphere, really enjoyed being there. This was a teenage dream come true for me personally.

And euh... Dwelf, you drank spuitwater (soda), not when I was there: I opened like three bottles of wine for you. And don't use that sorry excuse of loosing your glass constantly smile

I was actually happy that I had to drive home, because otherwise I would have a hangover right now too. A lot of the Larian dudes were wasted smile

Ow, and Kiril is in real life even more crazier than on the videos.
Dwelf and DarthDavy, it sounds like a blast (minus Dwelf getting sleep-deprivation from her kids)! laugh

As for Kirill, I suspected as much.
Do watch the twitch tv stream archive. The final hours were butt crack galore goodness!
I dindn't say I didn't drink wine, but i did drank a lot of soda water (like 5 or six glasses).Should've eaten from the cake but only ate carrots and melon and stuff, maybe not a good idea -.- I even seem to recall brooming stuff up?

Yeah the Larian lads were an amazing bunch of people..D:OS was wauw, even less patience for being able to play it smile )

Good question! horsey

DarthDavy, are you avoiding the question? rpg003
i had sheeps with me pic will follow
Posted By: Fanest Re: WOOS emissaries for wrap-up party needed! - 27/04/13 08:41 PM
did Swen really drop that cake biggrin - i saw that on twitch
This sheep's OCD keeps acting up, but the mistake is abundant and action has to be taken. sheep is the plural of sheep
Phew, glad I got that out. Am I weird now? silly

Delfusius, I did see your two sheep on the live stream, if I recall correctly attached to your purse. hug You did well. The inquisition is being assembled for your partner though. Just to be sure it's ready if when it's actually needed. horsey

(disclaimer: I'm being silly, don't take anything too serious here. Actually, don't with any of my posts. :hihi: oops)
This sheep's OCD keeps acting up, but the mistake is abundant and action has to be taken. sheep is the plural of sheep
Phew, glad I got that out. Am I weird now? silly

About as weird as me being bothered by the heels wink

Delfusius, I did see your two sheep on the live stream, if I recall correctly attached to your purse. hug You did well. The inquisition is being assembled for your partner though. Just to be sure it's ready if when it's actually needed. horsey

(disclaimer: I'm being silly, don't take anything too serious here. Actually, don't with any of my posts. :hihi: oops)

Aww, I'll have to put my tar, feathers, pichfork and torch back then frown silly

Good question! horsey

Nope, I'm not avoiding the question. It's just because it was decided so late on Thursday evening that I (and Dwelf) could go on Friday I didn't have time to fix something up (I had to work on Friday).

I still have those 250 cotton balls in my car. Guess my wife can use make-up for the next ten years. hahaha
Originally Posted by theBlackDragon
Aww, I'll have to put my tar, feathers, pichfork and torch back then frown silly

Shh, I'm making him feel at ease, so we can surprise him when he least expects it. Btw, can you break in a car's trunk to steal some cotton balls? I'm out of budget due some kickstarter thing, you might have heard about it. Anyway, I think cotton balls might be better than the feathers. evil

Good question! horsey

Nope, I'm not avoiding the question. It's just because it was decided so late on Thursday evening that I (and Dwelf) could go on Friday I didn't have time to fix something up (I had to work on Friday).

I still have those 250 cotton balls in my car. Guess my wife can use make-up for the next ten years. hahaha

Haha, sorry for the late answer, Davy. You would have been an amazing weresheep besides Patrick.... meh

Any chance to see you in weresheep dresscode on the fanday? groovy

think think think

I actually wonder how many people will be at the fan day
i had sheeps with me pic will follow

We had noticed your sheep already during the live stream, Dwelfusius. It's mainly Davy's costume we're "worried" about... ;-)

think think think

I actually wonder how many people will be at the fan day

We'll only know when all surveys have been processed I guess. I'll be there in any case. hehe
© Larian Studios forums