Larian Studios
Posted By: Rack Companions! - 25/04/13 04:45 PM
It's just been announced that Divinity hit the 800k milestone to add Companions. This is something I'm really excited about, Divinity is looking awesome but Companions is a feature I would have sorely missed.

Now they're in I'd just like to say Yay!
Posted By: Catelee2u Re: Companions! - 25/04/13 05:32 PM
I keep reloading the kickstarter page now it's near the end and it's going great. Seems like about $20000 was made in the last few hours.
Posted By: Arsene Lupin Re: Companions! - 25/04/13 05:37 PM
I think the page refreshes automatically... I was keeping an eye on it pretty closely last night (because of the companions stretch goal) and it seemed to increase by about $1000 every few minutes.

I guess the increase is due to the recent number of gameplay videos with Youtube-channel people, like TotalBiscuit and Angry Joe.

Originally Posted by Rack
It's just been announced that Divinity hit the 800k milestone to add Companions. This is something I'm really excited about, Divinity is looking awesome but Companions is a feature I would have sorely missed.

Now they're in I'd just like to say Yay!

Me, too. I was really worried they weren't going to meet that goal.

Now I'm just concerned that, with all of these stretch goals met, Larian will need a lot more time to finish the game. A 2013 release seems too much to hope for.
Posted By: Robrecht Re: Companions! - 25/04/13 05:39 PM
Larian stated before that they would use the money to employ extra teams, not to keep paying the same amount of people for a longer time. Don't despair, while there are undeniably risks involved, Larian thought this through, I'm sure. ;-)
Posted By: Zerael Re: Companions! - 25/04/13 05:45 PM
I was pretty skeptical about this strecthgoal; I really thought they wouldn't reach it. So, I'm glad -very glad- I was wrong. Along with talents, I think this strectchgoal is the best one offered. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I believe this feature could really mark the difference -nothing like good, charismatic characters to gain gamers attention-.
Posted By: Joram Re: Companions! - 25/04/13 05:46 PM
O yes !!
I want join the team that is writing the "Bellegar's rhythm & rhymes" biggrin

:hihi:

No seriously, it's what Robrecht said, extra teams and all coming good smile
I even don't care about if the game coming a month later or so .. as long as I can s-p-el-l the words

D-i-v-i-n-i-t-y : O-r-i-g-i-n-a-l S-i-n

I'm satisfied wink
© Larian Studios forums