Larian Studios

Character Creation wishes!

Posted By: Ellary

Character Creation wishes! - 09/07/13 05:19 PM

So! been watching videos and not seen anything about character creation! which leads me to think its still being worked on soo...why not make a thread where we can post ideas!

My biggest wish and what would make me just fall madly in love with the game even more! Would be a nice long hairstyle..not that bangs pulled back super tight in the front with a pony in the back either! am talking just untied hair~ adding a pic (prays the link thingy works) it's one of my roleplay characters~

Also I saw alot of talk of "armor" and how cool it will look, curious if there will be plain clothing options for those who say want to just wear a dress? NOW before everyone starts firing up their torches and putting on their troll masks, let me explain...
Personally, If I wanna dress my character in a dress. I accept the consequences from battle, Personally for me its a rush having to be extra careful in combat.

ok ok anyway here is the pic! n Larian! you are forever my favs wish I didn't miss the kick starter, if there is a way to donate money still would love to know! and no I don't expect anything in return like beta access or anything~ just wanna see this game done.

[Linked Image]

if you notice the hair is pretty simple, would fit over most armors actually prob all armors. Its thick enough in the back to have very minimal clipping. AND with a few morphs to smooth it out could even be made into a male long hair.
Posted By: Reki

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 09/07/13 08:54 PM

I am also wondering what character creation will be like. The male character looked pretty big and beefy in the videos so far. Looking forward to seeing how in depth character customization will be. Just a few preset faces, or body and face sliders and stuff? I would prefer a more frail, skinny, wizard type. Guess we'll see!
Posted By: Helena L

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 09/07/13 11:54 PM

Personally I have no problem if people want to fight in dresses (or any other type of clothing), but the dresses should act like dresses and not like armour. Unless they're enchanted somehow, they shouldn't really provide any defensive bonus over running around in underwear - otherwise what's the point of having armour at all? Same with 'chainmail bikinis' and the like - fine as it goes, but if it obviously isn't going to protect anything, it shouldn't have defensive stats. I can see things like dresses being popular with mages or archers, who generally attack from range, so don't necessarily need as much physical protection.

As for character creation: I'd love to see sliders for different heights, weights etc., but my understanding is that these are quite complicated to include, mainly due to the difficulty of making animations match up. It might be nice to have a few 'preset' builds for each gender - bulky and muscular for a warrior, slimmer for a mage, etc. Regarding hair, I'm not personally a fan of 'just stepped out of the salon' hairstyles in medieval fantasy games, but if Larian want to include them and can make them work without clipping problems, fair enough.

What interests me most is the co-operative dialogue system. I'd like to know more about how your stats will affect the different types of persuasion, and how the character 'traits' you pick up will affect gameplay - whether you can choose any at the character creation screen, etc.
Posted By: Ellary

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 10/07/13 05:59 AM

the frail wizard type should be there *fingers crossed* and about the dress, yes I meant just a plain no armor dress.

Helena L not sure if you saw it, but there was a video of two of the guys playing the game and talking about the dialog system. About intimidation and charm being factored in. Let me link ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weUPfejQ7xE This video is my favorite video. Makes me truly feel they care about the game/players and it's not a cash grab.
Posted By: Helena L

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 10/07/13 10:22 PM

I saw the video, but I think it was mentioned that the dialogue system has changed since then based on feedback received during the Kickstarter.
Posted By: Ellary

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 11/07/13 08:21 AM

ahh yes, I saw that in another thread also. Hmm now ya got me curious about it too~
Posted By: Ellary

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 07/11/13 04:54 AM

Reviving this thread! so far there has not been any signs (that I have found) of what character options will be.. I am so excited for the game...but fearing it might be another "here is your long hair" then I go *finger twirl* it's to her shoulder! *gasp* ..NO! that's not long~ getting closer to release..am super excited been waiting months. Any sneak peaks you can give us?
Posted By: Von_Rotten

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 07/11/13 04:09 PM

There aren't many isometric RPG's that have much if any in the way of char customization. Many (even modern day iso RPG's) don't even reflect what armor you don ingame. *Looking at you Spiderweb Software* But at least I know that's not the case in this game.

The problem with detailed char customization in an iso game is that you can't even see most of your choices unless you run around naked the whole game so developers just don't put it in.

Been awhile since I played it, but I think Sacred 2 only had a very limited char cutom option. 3 or 4 hair styles, hair color option and skin color option.

Always nice to have options, but after the first few hours (assuming the game reflects what you wear) my chars are covered head to toe in armor anyway.
Posted By: Ellary

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 07/11/13 04:12 PM

oh my gosh the armor thing also scares me...I plan on making a priestess type character. So hope will not be forced to put her in bulky armor or tight leathers. Do hope there will be robes for casters. or even town clothes (dresses,skirts,top, Ect.) you can wear even if offer no protection.
Posted By: Von_Rotten

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 07/11/13 04:15 PM

I wouldn't doubt it, so far we have seen you can wear Jack-O-Lanterns and buckets as helmets so why not town clothes!
Posted By: henryv

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 07/11/13 04:32 PM

The only problem implementing character customization aesthetics is the non-existent zooming and fixed camera angle. If mods were to change all this application, this would be a plus.

Anyhow, as for character creation skills, I don't know yet if they will implement something similar to Divine Divinity where you can select any skills from whatever class. I prefer the Path of Exile skill progression though which gives you some sort of limitation depending on what class you picked but you still have the freedom to choose any skills you want.
Posted By: EinTroll

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 07/11/13 05:29 PM

The style Larian has always used is that of offering every skill and letting the player build their own class via the choices they make.

Von_Rotten is right about equipment obstructing any cosmetic choices you make concerning your character in just about any game that cares for some realism. That means that choices of hair, etc. are only really relevant for R-Ping. Demand for that is not exactly high, so I'd put my faith in mods filling that gap.
Posted By: Raze

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 07/11/13 09:00 PM


The camera angle is fixed, but you will be able to zoom in or out.

At least a couple games have an option to not show helmets on the character.
Posted By: Arsene Lupin

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 08/11/13 08:35 PM

This probably isn't going to happen, but I'd like to adjust body types. I really don't like the ubermuscled-beefcake archetype at all.

Different faces are a must. Maybe different ear-types, too, so we could give our characters elf-ears to note some past Elven ancestry? That could be cool.

Mostly, though: it's the hair. Lots of styles that look good. Short and long. Maybe some different textures we could use--to make hair look "wet" or "tangled" or "straight" or whatever. Honestly, I'm just sick of seeing big RPGs with a ton of customization options but crappy hair--Bethesda is notorious for this.

And the first point I raised has gotten to bother me a lot more recently, with Shadowrun Returns, where the male character models are absolutely atrocious.

But I have full faith in Larian. So long as the customization is roughly equal to Diviniy 2, I'd be fine with it.
Posted By: Ellary

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 10/11/13 04:55 AM

Hide helmet option would be amazing, I did hear about the buckets and stuff as helms! but never saw anything about town clothing! My friends and I are pretty nerdy and love being able to create our characters! Most of us roleplay in games =p after all it's not fun to just buy it, rush it, beat it..trash it! gotta have fun with it ♥
Posted By: Mingnon

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 11/11/13 08:37 AM

Agreed on just about everything. Both genders should start off being buff or skinny body-wise, and have different kinds of hair (maybe even afros? That seems like a go-to choice in some japanese-type MMOs).

And especially lots of clothing AND armor options!

But yeah, I wonder what putting together clothes in the editor is going to be like. A bit doubtfully like the first Neverwinter Nights though...
Posted By: Chaotica

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 11/11/13 01:17 PM

hmmmmmmmm about hide helmet option, I must admit that I will be a bit hypocrite 'coz I use it in WoW for some character, but it is not THAT roleplay to hide the visual of a helmet you wear...
But being able to colour the armor should be a nice option (like in D3).
Posted By: Ragnin

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 18/11/13 11:13 AM

I've already said it before but I'd like to see a hide the helmet option as well. Along with other character customization options. Honestly the more the better.
Posted By: James 540

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 18/11/13 12:00 PM

It will be great to choose different races to play-I wanna to play by Imp for example and call him Wet-Experience-Bomb-from-Pumpkineye
Posted By: Ellary

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 11/02/14 05:22 PM

Reviving an old thread, rather then making a new one!

So broke down and bought the game, even though I am nervous about the character creation when it's added...Since my friends and I will be roleplaying in this game. (cause we are nerds like that, don't hate >.>) Is there any chance at all you all at Larian will consider adding a gentle female face and long hair styles?

*Solution for clipping* Just make the longer hair slightly thicker, armor won't poke out. Just would be amazing to play a long haired caster in the game... cause the combat system is by far the best ever. Plus a lil bit of clipping never killed anyone~

HIDE the helmet option! pretty please.

Love you Larian <3

here are a few links to hair styles!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] Fav <3

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ithiloneth

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 12/02/14 01:26 AM

Thought I'd go in and second this a little:

1. Custom names

2. Custom faces

3. Custom bodies (or physiques, especially height). This might be unreasonable though, I understand this can require quite a bit of work!

4. Custom base Stats, lets spend *all* them points! Start at 0 or 1 with maybe a 10 cap at creation?

5. Reforging, (this is a bit of topic) with Crafting one could be able to switch the model of one item with the model of another item of the same type. Might seem silly but I really get attached to some item models XD
Posted By: Alix

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 12/02/14 07:43 AM

Hmm....

Hide the Helmed??? Why??? Only to see the hair in the game? You can drop you helm in the City to impress the dwellers but in combat?


The face and hair in an ISO-Style game isn't so importand!
Its fun to see the magical pumpkin helmed!
But why to see the hair during a figth?
Maybe the enemy will have charity with you female character or fall in love with her and so he forgot to hit???
We don't play "the sims"

Custom Bodies or races? I think you can't go as an Ork-type in a City fighting orks!! It must be humans, all other races will be suspicius in the town.



Posted By: Ellary

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 12/02/14 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Alix
Hmm....

Hide the Helmed??? Why??? Only to see the hair in the game? You can drop you helm in the City to impress the dwellers but in combat?


The face and hair in an ISO-Style game isn't so importand!
Its fun to see the magical pumpkin helmed!
But why to see the hair during a figth?
Maybe the enemy will have charity with you female character or fall in love with her and so he forgot to hit???
We don't play "the sims"

Custom Bodies or races? I think you can't go as an Ork-type in a City fighting orks!! It must be humans, all other races will be suspicius in the town.





you are rather angry person O.O no one said anything about love, it is a visual enjoyment. Not everyone likes to look at helmets. I personally am a very visual gamer. When a game and my characters are fun for me to look at~ well I play longer. Right now the maps are amazing~ just wanna get my character looking somewhat how I like.
Posted By: Alix

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 12/02/14 06:54 PM

Oh no! not angry, only a little bit practical! wink

I'am also a "very visual gamer"! But what you see must be somewhat real and usefull!

I never wan't to figth in Bikini (for the machogamers) and without a helm (for the sims-users)!

Maybe in the city there can be a clothing shop where you can buy Bikinis, and so the clothings and the long hair may have an effect on the prices of the Shops or on Charisma.

But figthing with open hair? The enemy will make some Little Fireball and you head is burning! Nice picture!
Your mage will send rain and then "heal" on you head and then you figth as bald headed woman. wink

Originally Posted by Ellary

When a game and my characters are fun for me to look at~ well I play longer. Right now the maps are amazing~ just wanna get my character looking somewhat how I like.


I like to play as long as I don't fall asleep! I must help so many peoples! I must save a world!! I must look in every chest! Talk with everybody! No time to sleep! No time for hair dressing!

Sometimes I whish the Monsters are not so scary. They shoud have nice hair and bikinis!
Posted By: vometia

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 12/02/14 08:20 PM

I'm another one who likes invisible helmets: I just like to see my characters. I like my armour to look reasonably realistic (or at least practical, even if not entirely authentic) but I'm not a fan of helmets simply because that's my aesthetic preference. Obviously IRL I'd rather not be clonked on the head with a heavy object, but in a world where magic prevails, I see no problem with invisibility. smile
Posted By: Ellary

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 13/02/14 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Alix
Oh no! not angry, only a little bit practical! wink

I'am also a "very visual gamer"! But what you see must be somewhat real and usefull!

I never wan't to figth in Bikini (for the machogamers) and without a helm (for the sims-users)!

Maybe in the city there can be a clothing shop where you can buy Bikinis, and so the clothings and the long hair may have an effect on the prices of the Shops or on Charisma.

But figthing with open hair? The enemy will make some Little Fireball and you head is burning! Nice picture!
Your mage will send rain and then "heal" on you head and then you figth as bald headed woman. wink

Originally Posted by Ellary

When a game and my characters are fun for me to look at~ well I play longer. Right now the maps are amazing~ just wanna get my character looking somewhat how I like.


I like to play as long as I don't fall asleep! I must help so many peoples! I must save a world!! I must look in every chest! Talk with everybody! No time to sleep! No time for hair dressing!

Sometimes I whish the Monsters are not so scary. They shoud have nice hair and bikinis!


Sims? where do you get sims being mixed with Divinity?...you do understand my suggestion was an option for hiding the helm? as in players can choose to use it. Why would it harm your game if there is an option for it? So much hate n negativity on these forums.
Posted By: Ellary

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 13/02/14 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Vometia
I'm another one who likes invisible helmets: I just like to see my characters. I like my armour to look reasonably realistic (or at least practical, even if not entirely authentic) but I'm not a fan of helmets simply because that's my aesthetic preference. Obviously IRL I'd rather not be clonked on the head with a heavy object, but in a world where magic prevails, I see no problem with invisibility. smile


See a perfect reason for why a helm can be invis ^_^
Posted By: Alix

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 13/02/14 06:17 AM

I never see a figher who select his helm using aesthetic preferences. ouch
Originally Posted by Ellary
So much hate n negativity on these forums.

cheer
No hate, no negativity! Look at the smilies! Maybe my english is to bad, to explain, what I wan't to say.

I only astonished, that such things like hairstyling are importand for some CRPG players! If I play the role of an figther, my characters had to look like figthers. If I play sims maybe the hair is importend (Don't know - I never play sims!)

I look only for the stats of the armour and weapons, not if the armor Looks compatible to the sword.
Its fun to see the pumpkin helmed. But I would waer it, if this helmet has the best stats in the game. Not afraid, that this helmet will kill my hairstyling. wink

But maybe I'am not a not in the mainstream... In real live I also buy fittig shoes, no higth heels.


Posted By: Ithiloneth

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 13/02/14 09:02 AM

Well most people are pragmatic in the manner that the item must be fit for purpose; a shoe must allow you to walk the distance you need to go and a armor must supply you enough protection to allow for battles with opponents of the level you expect to face. After those needs have been met many like to go for items they think look good, myself included. This is where the helmet thing comes in, since the character often has a well made face/hair some people prefer to see the character's face. There can be several reasons for this; facial animations, aesthetic preferences or maybe because it helps separate your character in armor x form another character wearing the same gear.

In D:OS it seems to me only reason two stands, aesthetic preference. This is not to be looked down upon nor disregarded, especially not when it comes to a simple off/on switch. There is no reason for a dev not to do this beyond ideological opinion, which Larian has shown with some of their semi useful armor, that they *appear to* indeed hold the same opinion as Ellary on this matter.

So I say "what's the harm?". It won't take any serious dev time, and if I don't like it I can just turn helmets on. Who knows, maybe I find a helmet I don't like sometime and would rather go without, this has happened to me before.
Posted By: Ellary

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 13/02/14 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Alix
I never see a figher who select his helm using aesthetic preferences. ouch
Originally Posted by Ellary
So much hate n negativity on these forums.

cheer
No hate, no negativity! Look at the smilies! Maybe my english is to bad, to explain, what I wan't to say.

I only astonished, that such things like hairstyling are importand for some CRPG players! If I play the role of an figther, my characters had to look like figthers. If I play sims maybe the hair is importend (Don't know - I never play sims!)

I look only for the stats of the armour and weapons, not if the armor Looks compatible to the sword.
Its fun to see the pumpkin helmed. But I would waer it, if this helmet has the best stats in the game. Not afraid, that this helmet will kill my hairstyling. wink

But maybe I'am not a not in the mainstream... In real live I also buy fittig shoes, no higth heels.




I just do not understand why you think I should be forced to play like you? I do not see how any option to hide the helmet does harm to your game.... I pay money to play a game, I think it is ok I put up suggestions. I try and keep my suggestions simple and not damaging to other players.

I will admit..I am picky when it comes to my game characters. So yes big clunky helmets and hoods bother me. Specially when I am trying to make a light flowing looking appearance for my water mage.
Posted By: Ellary

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 13/02/14 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ithiloneth
Well most people are pragmatic in the manner that the item must be fit for purpose; a shoe must allow you to walk the distance you need to go and a armor must supply you enough protection to allow for battles with opponents of the level you expect to face. After those needs have been met many like to go for items they think look good, myself included. This is where the helmet thing comes in, since the character often has a well made face/hair some people prefer to see the character's face. There can be several reasons for this; facial animations, aesthetic preferences or maybe because it helps separate your character in armor x form another character wearing the same gear.

In D:OS it seems to me only reason two stands, aesthetic preference. This is not to be looked down upon nor disregarded, especially not when it comes to a simple off/on switch. There is no reason for a dev not to do this beyond ideological opinion, which Larian has shown with some of their semi useful armor, that they *appear to* indeed hold the same opinion as Ellary on this matter.

So I say "what's the harm?". It won't take any serious dev time, and if I don't like it I can just turn helmets on. Who knows, maybe I find a helmet I don't like sometime and would rather go without, this has happened to me before.



Thank you hug that is what I mean, it would be an option and not forced on anyone.
Posted By: Alix

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 13/02/14 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ellary

I just do not understand why you think I should be forced to play like you? I do not see how any option to hide the helmet does harm to your game.... I pay money to play a game, I think it is ok I put up suggestions. I try and keep my suggestions simple and not damaging to other players.


Sorry, I don't wan't to harm or disgusting you! (Hope the dictionary translate that correct.)
I'am only supprised.

Maybe I'am to old? The first RPG I played about 1993 (Ultima Underworld)
My latest daughter (25 years) offen tells me, that I don't understand the new game generation, where grafic Counts sometimes as much as the substance/Content.

I like this game, as I like all other Larian games before. There are so many chest to open, so many easter eggs to find, so much text to read, its great! ...
Like the good old Ultima games before... for instance in Ultima Underworld II, where I found "a book about Madonna" in a chest of an old wizzard.


Posted By: vometia

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 13/02/14 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Alix
Maybe I'am to old? The first RPG I played about 1993 (Ultima Underworld)

Dunno about too old: I'm 46 this year and have been playing video games since a lad down our street got Pong in the '70s (which I hated, for the record). I know gamers who are much older than me for whom aesthetics are equally important. People just have different priorities, no big deal really.

My personal peeve along similar lines is that I tend to be somewhat uppity about unrealistic swords since I collect them IRL: I don't really object if the Divinity series has some that are a bit "flamboyant", even though I personally find them as ugly as they are impractical.
Posted By: NeutroniumDragon

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 13/02/14 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Vometia
I'm another one who likes invisible helmets: I just like to see my characters. I like my armour to look reasonably realistic (or at least practical, even if not entirely authentic) but I'm not a fan of helmets simply because that's my aesthetic preference. Obviously IRL I'd rather not be clonked on the head with a heavy object, but in a world where magic prevails, I see no problem with invisibility. smile


Of course, the issue with that idea is that if the helmet can enchanted to be invisible, the chainmail bikini can also be excused as a selective invisibility enchantment...

(Disclaimer: I think the chainmail bikini stuff is dumb but I don't really care about whether or not helmet display can be turned on or off.)
Posted By: Ellary

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 13/02/14 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Alix
Originally Posted by Ellary

I just do not understand why you think I should be forced to play like you? I do not see how any option to hide the helmet does harm to your game.... I pay money to play a game, I think it is ok I put up suggestions. I try and keep my suggestions simple and not damaging to other players.


Sorry, I don't wan't to harm or disgusting you! (Hope the dictionary translate that correct.)
I'am only supprised.

Maybe I'am to old? The first RPG I played about 1993 (Ultima Underworld)
My latest daughter (25 years) offen tells me, that I don't understand the new game generation, where grafic Counts sometimes as much as the substance/Content.

I like this game, as I like all other Larian games before. There are so many chest to open, so many easter eggs to find, so much text to read, its great! ...
Like the good old Ultima games before... for instance in Ultima Underworld II, where I found "a book about Madonna" in a chest of an old wizzard.




Classic gamer here also, I used to just deal with how characters looked. But with how graphics are done now. They can easily make options. I know a few gamers who are older then I am, who also look appearance options. As others said all personal choice. ^-^ so an option to hide, will not harm any ones game. hug Alix
Posted By: Alix

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 14/02/14 06:27 AM

think
If it is not the Age - I'am 54 - so maybe my Profession have made me somewhat diffrent. (I'am mathematician)
Hairstyling is not so importand for all those possible game calculations!
welcome

So lets wait! Knowing that the Larians will do their very best.
Posted By: vometia

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 14/02/14 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Alix
think
If it is not the Age - I'am 54 - so maybe my Profession have made me somewhat diffrent. (I'am mathematician)

Computer programmer and sysadmin here. :p And one who's obsessed with shoes and realistic swords! biggrin

Edit: oh God, I've just noticed my avatar has the Divinity Anthology sitting on the shelf right behind me: I swear I didn't do that deliberately! suspicion
Posted By: Stabbey

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 14/02/14 04:18 PM

v143 has added some hair options. One of them is slightly longer than shoulder-length hair.
Posted By: Arsene Lupin

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 14/02/14 04:43 PM

A (big) problem I've noted is that the camera is too far away from the character models in the character creation menu (and in-game, for that matter) to even SEE the difference between face models.

We ought to be able to zoom in much close in character creation, and the camera should auto-zoom up close on the character when in the inventory.

As with most things, I feel silly pointing these problems out, as I'm sure the developers are all well aware. Honestly, the only they're doing that genuinely worries me is how frequently they're updating the alpha.
Posted By: Ellary

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 15/02/14 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Stabbey
v143 has added some hair options. One of them is slightly longer than shoulder-length hair.


Its a step in the right direction!! would love to a true long simple hair ^-^

Also curious, how come the male can go milky white skin..but the female can only go Med tan?


oh oh and I love the robe for the female now! I was scared it would be all macho looking and bulky, but its super cute mage robe.
Posted By: Ellary

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 10/04/14 11:50 PM

*blinks....blinks again* So after some friends told me not to get my hopes up and that the game most likely would not support long hair...I got the joy of doing the "haha" dance for them~ Whom ever in the graphics department did Hair 4..tons of love to you!! A great long style and has some bangs on the side. ( I hate long styles with the bangs slicked back)

I am so in love with how this game is coming about,I actually get the eeps in combat! cause you never know how it will play out.

I do have just one request..any chance for a softer younger looking face option for the female model?

(btw totally love the witchcraft stuff! I am hoping I can mix it with heals~ also loving the robes that the hair fits over them ^^!)


Oh and thank you Larian for listening to fans, even the ones who request lame things like myself <3 we love you.
Posted By: Chubby

Re: Character Creation wishes! - 14/04/14 12:02 PM

I think it's nice that you point out these things. I know my wife would also love to see the stuff you mention implemented.
© 2020 Larian Studios forums