Larian Studios
Posted By: Kaya86 Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 08:43 AM
Hey,

just to make sure that i got this right, there will be no dices in the CE?

Greetings
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 08:46 AM
Quoting myself from this thread:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=496551#Post496551

"There's been a problem at our manufacturer, or rather at one of their suppliers. The guys who make the dice informed them that they'd only be able to supply the set of RPG dice in the middle of July (instead of the beginning of June). Needless to say this came as a big surprise and is very disappointing for us. We've been working on finding a solution and ultimately decided to pull the RPG dice as we didn't want to delay the release of the CE in shops to the end of July (if we get it middle of July, it's only in shops end of July). Of course, the dice not being in the bundle also has an impact on the other materials in the Collectors Edition like for instance the back of the box, so there may be a small delay as a result of that. We're still working on that.

We'll be contacting everybody who bought a CE in the coming days and offer them the chance for a refund. The rest of the package will not be affected."
Posted By: Raze Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 08:47 AM

I am disappointed. I was never actually going to use them... but, still. frown
Posted By: Kaya86 Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 08:58 AM
Me too.
But i understand, that they can't delay the release of the CE.
I think a lot of the Kickstarter backers and me included could wait till end of july to get the dices, but i don't think most other people would.
Posted By: Rainer Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 09:14 AM
I'm also disappointed, but Kava86 said it all there ist to say

Is there a possibillity to get the dices seperate e.g. on Larianvault, because I think they will be produced and I want them badly??
Posted By: Kaya86 Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 09:20 AM
That would be awesome.
I hope they put them on LarianVault. I would totally buy them =D
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 09:31 AM
No, we had to cancel the order completely. The minimum required runs prevented us from ordering a limited set - we looked into that possibility.
Posted By: Rainer Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 09:35 AM
thx for the quick reply
- I'm sad, because I like dices ;(
BUT looking forward to get my Kickstarter-CE ;D
Posted By: Inanna Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 10:35 AM
I'm rather sad about this too, mostly because I was going to use them (I'm a huge tabletop RPG player as well as a Divinity fan) but things can't be helped. I also wouldn't mind having to wait a month to get a complete box, but I do understand that you have to have a retail version out on time.

If there ever is going to be a set of Divinity dice then you'd definitely have at least one buyer of a few sets (more dice is good gifts for tabletop gamers).

Don't worry asking me if I want a refund because I'll just refuse it, there's still things I want in that CE box!
Posted By: Chaotica Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 11:03 AM
frown narf that was probably the item I was expected the most in the CE...
what about people who did not preorder through the Vault?
Posted By: Darth_Trethon Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Raze

I am disappointed. I was never actually going to use them... but, still. frown

Hahahaha, I'm in the same boat!! I was never very likely to use but noooooo, shinies are lost. laugh

All is good though, can't wait for the CE and the game itself above all.
Posted By: Drym' Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 01:13 PM
I'm sad too disagree (but I don't cancel my preorder for this) I can wait for goodies ...but not much for the game :p

Is there an other item to replace the set of dices?

I wish an Artbook (A4 format like for The Witcher 2) but in one month, not sure you can do that of course.
Maybe getting some such goodies on Larian Vault later?

Good luck for this inconvenience :s
Posted By: Chaotica Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 02:24 PM
Larian said no other items, they don't have time for that...
Posted By: Gyson Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 02:50 PM
I suspect it does, but does this also mean the dice carrying pouch with the Larian symbol is being removed?

I am disappointed the item isn't being replaced with even an in-game digital bonus (the Engraving Tool, for instance, or some CE variant of the Kickstarter potion - something you already have that would require very little effort to use as a replacement). For the price of the CE to remain the same after an item is removed suggest the item had no cost or value associated with it, which is obviously not true.
Posted By: Chaotica Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 03:16 PM
-_- with a release supposed to be in less than 1 month, according to the fact that some CE will be delayed just because they need to change the back of the boxes, no, I assume they really don't have time to think about another goodie they could include (even a digital one).
Or at least not at the release, perhaps after...
Posted By: Gyson Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Chaotica
-_- with a release supposed to be in less than 1 month, according to the fact that some CE will be delayed just because they need to change the back of the boxes, no, I assume they really don't have time to think about another goodie they could include (even a digital one).
Or at least not at the release, perhaps after...

Which is precisely why I suggested replacing the dice + bag with a bonus digital item that was already worked into the schedule and/or completed (like the Engraving Tool).

Kickstarter backers who chose anything below the $500 tier are already receiving more in the CE than was advertised during the pledge period, so there should be no complaints coming from that end. This is more for the benefit of everyone else who purchased the remaining 1500 CE's based on what was recently advertised.

From a "covering your bums" perspective, it's important to modify the boxes to remove listings of items that aren't actually included. But from that same perspective it is unnecessary to modify the box to add listings of items that are included but not advertised. Nobody is going to complain that the CE contains *more* than the box stated, after all. So, something can be safely added without having to change the box again.

Let's not forget that just a few short weeks ago a lot of Kickstarter backers complained that their reserved CE boxes were not "different enough" from the 1500 CE boxes set aside for the general public. rolleyes And now time/money is being spent to correct that "grave offense". So, for the sake of the general public interested in the remaining Collector Editions, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest the removed dice+bag be replaced with an existing digital reward since the price on the CE isn't changing with the reduction of content.

Posted By: Chaotica Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 07:10 PM
my point precisely that's why I think not at the release (because they still have a shitload of work blablabla) but perhaps later smile

as for the KS CE edition, well I was a bit surprised that they indeed complain, come on they have their own artbook -_-
But what Larian said is that PERHAPS they will add a "kickstarter logo" on the box, which IMO did not cost anything as the boxes were apparently barely in production...
Posted By: dynastichero Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Gyson
I suspect it does, but does this also mean the dice carrying pouch with the Larian symbol is being removed?

I was wondering the same thing if they were a package deal from the manufacturer or there were two separate groups producing each piece. I got some dice so I can throw them in grin
Posted By: Gyson Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 08:35 PM
I actually have a ridiculous number of dice and figured I could just use the pouch still to store the recipe cards in. smile
Posted By: Khayness Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 09:15 PM
While it's a bit sad I'm not upset by the loss of the dice set.

I got an early access code as an apology, saying it will be active until the game launches. I guess I can keep all the in-game progress I've made once I upgrade it to the full edition when it comes out?
Posted By: Elwyn Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Khayness

I got an early access code as an apology, saying it will be active until the game launches. I guess I can keep all the in-game progress I've made once I upgrade it to the full edition when it comes out?

No, I am sorry. All the savegames are broken with every major game update. The reason for this is that the game balancing and important systems still undergo big changes (like spells getting added or removed, changing of how skill points affect the spells you can learn, changing the rules of how and when you can acquire talents and so on). So, I am afraid your game progress will be lost one the game is updated and the savegames are definitely not compatible with the final release.
Posted By: Khayness Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Elwyn

So, I am afraid your game progress will be lost one the game is updated and the savegames are definitely not compatible with the final release.

Thanks for the heads up! I guess I'll just keep the code lying around then, no point of teasing myself.
Posted By: ynotndalton Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Elwyn

So, I am afraid your game progress will be lost one the game is updated and the savegames are definitely not compatible with the final release.

Thanks for the heads up! I guess I'll just keep the code lying around then, no point of teasing myself.

Its great for trying out diff char setups and learning the systems in the first town.. just don't quest or really do any dialoug.. call it a sneak peak.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 27/05/14 10:25 PM

No. Beta Saves will not be compatible with the full version.
Posted By: Chaotica Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 28/05/14 12:27 AM
nop, save games won't be compatible with the final version (at least that is what was stated)
Posted By: jimnms Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 28/05/14 02:50 AM
I got the email about the dice and the Early Access code. I already have Early Access through my Kickstarter pledge, so can I give this Early Access code to a friend so he can try the game out? It does say it is just for Early Access, but I just want to be 100% sure I don't mess up anything by giving it to someone.
Posted By: Raze Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 28/05/14 03:03 AM

The email does say the key will be revoked on release, so like the kickstarter keys, it can be given to someone else.
Posted By: X-tasy Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 28/05/14 12:51 PM
I am really upset about it!! I would use them and i need new dices.

I am again very disappointed that Larian cant keep their promises. You are doing great games but you always say that there will be a cherry on top and then take away that cherry, that really sucks.

I know you are trying very hard but if you cant keep your promises, i dont know if i would support another game on kickstarter from you. If you hadn't told about things like the npc schedules and the dices i wouldnt care. But now i am just dissapointed.

Can you only make it official if you really know that you can keep your promise?

That would be far better for me. I dont really care about the money but breaking promises makes all your other promises less trustworthy.

Posted By: Chaotica Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 28/05/14 01:06 PM
I understand your disapointment. As being in my "rogue playlike" period, I was really looking forward the opportinities offered with the D/N schedule. And as a regular player of paper RPG, I was really excited about getting new dices (perhaps this 11th D20 would have be less jinxed thand the 10 previous ones...) and so again I am really disapointed.

However as said many times, Larian is a small studio with a small team with budget and managment issues that do not face the BIG studio. So I am more lenient with Larian than with other studio (let's take a recent example : Watch Dogs with its huge report, lack of news and poorest quality than advertised...)
Posted By: ugralitan Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 28/05/14 02:04 PM
I never owned a set of RPG dice before, this was going to be a first!

Though it is not a deal-breaker. But I'd rather prefer something else then an Early Access Key...for the reason I already own the Early Access game.

But let us see the release first, maybe afterwards they can devise some other way to make up for the RPG dice. I have confidence in Larian Studios.

Posted By: theBlackDragon Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 28/05/14 02:11 PM
Weird, I didn't get an email. Did only certain people get emails or should all backers (that backed into the appropriate tier) have received one?
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 28/05/14 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by X-tasy
I am really upset about it!! I would use them and i need new dices.

I am again very disappointed that Larian cant keep their promises. You are doing great games but you always say that there will be a cherry on top and then take away that cherry, that really sucks.

I know you are trying very hard but if you cant keep your promises, i dont know if i would support another game on kickstarter from you. If you hadn't told about things like the npc schedules and the dices i wouldnt care. But now i am just dissapointed.

Can you only make it official if you really know that you can keep your promise?

That would be far better for me. I dont really care about the money but breaking promises makes all your other promises less trustworthy.

Did you read what Lar wrote in this thread? I understand that it sucks, but I don't see how you can blame Larian for this.
Posted By: Raze Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 28/05/14 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by theBlackDragon
Weird, I didn't get an email. Did only certain people get emails or should all backers (that backed into the appropriate tier) have received one?

Just people who order the CE through the Larian Vault got an email. The dice were not part of the CE during the kickstarter, so presumably it wouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone who backed for a tier with the CE (even if a little disappointing).
Posted By: Darth_Trethon Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 28/05/14 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by theBlackDragon

Just people who order the CE through the Larian Vault got an email. The dice were not part of the CE during the kickstarter, so presumably it wouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone who backed for a tier with the CE (even if a little disappointing).

Unless you guys had some 5k or 10k backers on PayPal(which I'm guessing you didn't) then no backer was entitled to those dice via a pledge.
Posted By: Raze Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 28/05/14 07:23 PM

That was a different set of dice.
Posted By: Darth_Trethon Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 28/05/14 07:26 PM

That was a different set of dice.

No it wasn't...they are called "Bellegar's Dice" on the KS rewards sheet: http://www.larian.com/kickstarter/rewards_Matrix_Physical_big.jpg

Or are you saying that "Bellegar's Dice" is not the same thing as "Bellegar's RPG Dice".
Posted By: Raze Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 28/05/14 07:30 PM

The kickstarter Limited Edition Bellegar's Dice were metal. I assume the CE dice were not.

Someone did try to back 10k at the end of the Paypal period, but Larian didn't figure they could do the added content properly at the time, so they ended up refunding the pledge.
Posted By: Darth_Trethon Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 28/05/14 07:36 PM

The kickstarter Limited Edition Bellegar's Dice were metal. I assume the CE dice were not.

Someone did try to back 10k at the end of the Paypal period, but Larian didn't figure they could do added content properly at the time, so they ended up refunding the pledge.

Since nobody is getting those dice and I imagine it wasn't feasible to do thousands of metal dice sets for the CEs the ones now gone from the CE were likely meant to be a direct replacement. Beyond that it's good to hear someone with sufficient wealth could appreciate the amazing work Larian does. I couldn't afford to give those kinds of money but good to know someone could. Unfortunate about being turned down but very honorable of Larian to say no rather than do a half-job.

But if anyone is that interested in RPG dice there are tons of awesome looking plastic RPG dice on Ammazon for under $10 USD and in the way of metal RPG dice a 10 second google search did turn up this: http://www.atomicempire.com/item.aspx?item=153866 though I have never had any dealings with that specific retailer so I can't speak on the quality of service they provide. Quite pricy the metal ones but awesome.
Posted By: cryocore Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 29/05/14 10:46 AM
When will you be contacting the rest of us. Still no email here.
Posted By: Darth_Trethon Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 29/05/14 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by cryocore
When will you be contacting the rest of us. Still no email here.

I'm not 100% on this but I think they are only contacting those who bought the CE through the Larian vault. If you preordered it via another retailer you should be able to cancel your preorder through that retailer directly....though I wouldn't recommend it.
Posted By: poiro Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 30/05/14 08:36 AM
For those who preordered a CE on the LarianVault, Larian offers a steam early access key :
"As a small token of our thanks for your pre-order and by way of apology, we offer a free Steam Early Access version of Divinity: Original Sin to all of our customers who pre-purchased the Collector's Edition. "
Can we imagine a key for those who preordered a CE on other websites like Amazon for example ?
The email sent to Larianvault's buyers talks about "a free Steam Early Access version of Divinity: Original Sin to all of our customers who pre-purchased the Collector's Edition."
Posted By: warg Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 30/05/14 11:21 AM
I think the CE has already much more value in it than it costs now, even if the dices won't be in. If you just check on the actual price of the game on steam, and the CE has 2 keys and lots of additional content.
If someone wants to wait with the CE to buy, it can be actually even cheaper after some months, but there is a chance that it will be out of stock if Gamestar and such 'zines share their tests with good enough ratings...
Posted By: 4verse Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 30/05/14 07:48 PM
special D:OS RPG dice (available separately after launch via the larian vault) would be awesome! shut up, take my money and give me my dice lready! ;-) grin
Posted By: Darth_Trethon Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 30/05/14 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by 4verse
special D:OS RPG dice (available separately after launch via the larian vault) would be awesome! shut up, take my money and give me my dice lready! ;-) grin

They'd likely be a lot more expensive even if they did happen that way. Mass orders have a significantly lower price per set than buying enough to satisfy the demand for just dice separately. I suppose I could be wrong but I haven't seen many people at all express much disappointment over the loss of the dice....obviously Larian will make their own assessment on this but I don't see it happening. If you really want an awesome set of RPG dice with pouch they're too easy to find on Amazon and other online retailers. The only real hing you'd lose would be the Larian logo on the pouch of the dice.
Posted By: Chaotica Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 30/05/14 11:29 PM
it won't happen, they just cancel their order
Posted By: 4verse Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 01/06/14 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by 4verse

They'd likely be a lot more expensive even if they did happen that way. Mass orders have a significantly lower price per set than buying enough to satisfy the demand for just dice separately. I suppose I could be wrong but I haven't seen many people at all express much disappointment over the loss of the dice....obviously Larian will make their own assessment on this but I don't see it happening. If you really want an awesome set of RPG dice with pouch they're too easy to find on Amazon and other online retailers. The only real hing you'd lose would be the Larian logo on the pouch of the dice.

yeah, probably.
Posted By: Hassat Hunter Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 03/06/14 12:06 PM
Well, they can still mass-order the dice on the same quantity and price most likely.

The only problem then would be; is there enough of a market for so many dice, or is a majority of them going to take up storage space (read: money).
Posted By: Neversober Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 03/06/14 04:03 PM
If you are removing the Dice just replace it with another in game item.

A non combat pet or something ?

Posted By: Darth_Trethon Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 03/06/14 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Neversober

They don't have time. The game is too close to release....less than three weeks actually. And they still have to sort out regional age ratings, fixing bugs and polishing the game for release as well as get the game up for preorder on other digital retailers besides Steam. Not to mention that thee CEs are being manufactured as we speak and will soon be distributed to retailers so no more changes can be made at this point regardless.
Posted By: Apocalypse Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 23/06/14 04:36 AM
I was looking forward to that dice set. Actually it was the thing that got me over the edge for the physical collector's edition.

A well, as long as the cards are still in it. The card set is still in it, right?
Posted By: Gyson Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 23/06/14 04:43 AM
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon

They don't have time. The game is too close to release....less than three weeks actually. And they still have to sort out regional age ratings, fixing bugs and polishing the game for release as well as get the game up for preorder on other digital retailers besides Steam. Not to mention that thee CEs are being manufactured as we speak and will soon be distributed to retailers so no more changes can be made at this point regardless.

I don't know why they didn't just replace the dice with the in-game Engraving Tool. Like the trunks which are included in the CE, they already have it available to Kickstarter backers.
Posted By: TonyD Re: Set of RPG dice ?? - 04/07/14 01:37 AM

I think this would still be a nice gesture down the track. I ordered from a third party supplier based upon the box contents shown on Larian's main page. It was still showing the dice in the box when I ordered even though I found out later they had already been cancelled.

Since I didn't order from Larian I didn't get the 'free' early access - so something digital as a gesture to make up for the false advertisement on the front page of their site would be nice.
© Larian Studios forums