Larian Studios
Posted By: LordCrash New Steam keys for backers on June 30th? - 29/06/14 09:06 PM
How will the release work for kickstarter backers tomorrow?

Our physical edition won't be available to us but Swen said that we nevertheless will be able to play the game.

How should that work? In the Vault and on Kickstarter Larian stated that the beta keys for backers stop working on June 30th. Do we get a new key (or two for the duo-pack) on the Larian Vault tomorrow? Will that be the same key as delivered with the package which hopefully will arrive later this week (I don't really think that this is even possible)? Or will the digital key we get tomorrow only works for few days until we get the physical editions? Or doesn't the physical disc version include any key and the key on the Vault is the only one?

I hope we can start playing the game tomorrow at the same time as everyone else and that our profiles/saves are safe and that we don't have to restart our campaign later this weeks because of new keys or whatever...
Yeah I would like to know this as well.

Plus I noticed on Steam that an optional DLC is available that contains items such as Zandalor's Trunks. Based on my tier for backing the game it is supposed to come with it so will the current key unlock all my perks or do I apply a new key.

Hopefully Swen makes another video and explains the process.
Posted By: Raze Re: New Steam keys for backers on June 30th? - 30/06/14 12:21 AM

Any kickstarter tier that had a physical copy of the game also included a digital copy. In the Larian Vault you can choose to get it from GOG, Steam or the Larian Vault.

There will be another kickstarter update tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Raze

Any kickstarter tier that had a physical copy of the game also included a digital copy. In the Larian Vault you can choose to get it from GOG, Steam or the Larian Vault.

Ahem, yes, but I've already promised the second key to a friend...

Posted By: 4verse Re: New Steam keys for backers on June 30th? - 30/06/14 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by LordCrash

Ahem, yes, but I've already promised the second key to a friend...

then either you or this friend of yours will have to wait
Posted By: Raze Re: New Steam keys for backers on June 30th? - 30/06/14 05:35 AM

Did you promise your friend the digital version key, though, or a CE version key?

Did you promise your friend the digital version key, though, or a CE version key?

Wait...do we have three keys in total? I'm confused...

In KS update #62 Swen showed us the content of the kickstarter backer edition and obviously there seem to be two keys/versions already in the box (minute 4:20). Or was that a mistake by Swen and there is only one code in the box and an additional one (with or without DLCs?) on the Vault?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGngb4egREM

@4verse
That would be very sad. That would mean that I couldn't play the game in co-op with my friend for a few days until the box arrives. Not a good way to honour your "high" kickstarter backers... sad
Seems like I have two "full" keys in the Larian Vault now. I hope they work as intended later today. smile
I'm guessing my copy is just going to upgrade, or I'm missing the copies now, because both copies of the digital disappeared, and the alphas are now say those are Divinity: Original Sin Digital/Duo key now. I believed they said alpha a day ago.
Posted By: kraeh Re: New Steam keys for backers on June 30th? - 30/06/14 12:51 PM
I remember reading that the kickstarter keys for early-access (the alpha and beta-keys) will be deactivated on release. mine still works, but says it's beta.
Posted By: Raze Re: New Steam keys for backers on June 30th? - 30/06/14 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Wait...do we have three keys in total? I'm confused...

If you have the CE, then yes. The CE has 2 Steam keys, and you still have the digital version that you can (will be able to) choose between GOG or Steam.

Originally Posted by kraeh
I remember reading that the kickstarter keys for early-access (the alpha and beta-keys) will be deactivated on release. mine still works, but says it's beta.

They changed how that will work. Now by default the alpha/beta keys will just upgrade to the Steam version, but you can revoke the key to get either a GOG key or a new Steam key (if you gave away your alpha code).
But when are we going to be able to revoke keys? My options still show Steam-Delivered with no option for changing...
Posted By: Raze Re: New Steam keys for backers on June 30th? - 01/07/14 04:11 AM

I don't know, but it is 6am in Belgium now, so it'll be another couple hours, at least (should be done during the day there).
© Larian Studios forums