Larian Studios
Posted By: jiraiya Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 07:54 PM
I backed on KS in early 2013 and have been waiting in anticipation ever since. I chose to have my copy delivered via GOG and I sent my friend his via steam. He is now playing happily while I cannot even see the game in my GOG account. I redeemed my code and have the email receipt but I cannot see or download the game in GOG. To say that I am unhappy and p***ed off would be an understatement. Surely after backing the game and waiting in anticipation for its release, it is not unreasonable to expect to be able to actually play it!!!
The option to select and redeem GOG keys will be up tomorrow....patience, get some sleep and relax and we'll have the game before you know it.
Posted By: jiraiya Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 08:02 PM
Thanks for the response but where does it state this? With regard to selecting and redeeming gog keys, I have already been able to do this. In my larian vault account my key shows as redeemed. So where is the game? Where in the emails or on Larian Vault did it inform me that I would not be able to play on release with the gog option? I am not trying to be inflammatory in the slightet but believe firmly that fair is fair. I paid my dues and now I want my just rewards. Thanks for the info.
They posted a comment in the comment section of today's update stating GOG will be up tomorrow and I'm still lacking the ability to select GOG as an option now....I had GOG selected but that all got screwed up and now it says Steam is selected but that I'll have an option to change it "very soon" and my duo key has no GOG option whatsoever.
Posted By: nstgc Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 08:05 PM
There was an announcement. Check the email that is tied to your Kickstarter account.
Posted By: fijau Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 08:08 PM
I sympathize with you jiraiya, as I'm in the very same situation. It appears that either GOG or Larian f'ed up a bit. Fortunately there's other games to be played, and the football world cup match to be watched.
Originally Posted by nstgc
There was an announcement. Check the email that is tied to your Kickstarter account.

Not about the GOG delay though....that is still only a comment in the obscure depths of the comment section on today's updates so those who want GOG still don't know what's what.

Now I'm confused as shit as to why some have to option to select GOG in the Vault while for me it's stuck on Steam land with wild promises of "very soon".

Bloody hell I want to at least select GOG now if only to no longer see that "S" word polluting my reward selection page.
Posted By: jiraiya Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 08:11 PM
Nope sorry guys, maybe some were notified but I most certainly was not. The last email I received was the "and to all a good launch" one in which there was no mention of a delayed launch. My options are all still set and redeemed in my larian vault and I have my gog receipt after I redeemed but no game. Again its really not right in my view. I am a developer myself and I can tell you for certain if I had a planned lauch which has been pushed back for polish a few times and then failed to deliver on launch day, things would not go so well for me.
Posted By: Elwyn Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 08:14 PM
The first sticky thread in this forum has all the up-to-date information on the GOG and other issues.
Originally Posted by Elwyn
The first sticky thread in this forum has all the up-to-date information on the GOG and other issues.

Not true, it lacks the confirmation the GOG release was pushed to tomorrow. Actually it says nothing at all of the delay.
In RPGWAtch I read that it i9s indeed pushed towards tomorrow.

On the other hand : The earlier we get to sleep, the more fresh we are tomorrow for playing ... laugh
Posted By: Elwyn Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by Elwyn

Not true, it lacks the confirmation the GOG release was pushed to tomorrow. Actually it says nothing at all of the delay.

Yep, sorry, my fault. I was under the impression that it is there - apparently I read too many different Kickstarte/Steam forums/Twitter accounts/ Twitch TV Livestreams today...
Posted By: eNTi Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 08:57 PM
still way easier to just pirate games really... i mean fuck this. kickstarter keys not working either. fuck you larian for pushing the release to a later date only to fuck up regardless. if this is how "polished" games look like i will rethink backing future games on ks.
Posted By: BenV Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 09:01 PM
I just contacted GOG.com about this, hope to get a clear answer soon. I already managed to redeem a key via the larianvault.com site though. The game doesn't show up yet on the "my account" page, but I have an order confirmation so just referred to that...

Let's hope GOG.com users don't have to wait too long.
Posted By: fijau Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 09:04 PM
The GOG version will be available within 30 minutes!

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_divinity_original_sin/post114
Posted By: Shieara Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 09:07 PM
I'm downloading it now. It must be there for some users already. I had to redeem it though the Larian Vault.
Posted By: nstgc Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by fijau
The GOG version will be available within 30 minutes!

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_divinity_original_sin/post114

This just got more confusing. The first post said that the game was being released Aug 31st, then they say 30 minutes?
The game will be available for purchase on Aug 31st for NON backers, but the backers get access now.

Also that link shows that Larian didn't have anything to do with this.
Posted By: jiraiya Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 09:14 PM
BenV you seem to have went the same path as me, I contacted gog too. Waiting for a response fingers crossed eh!!
Posted By: jiraiya Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 09:16 PM
OK, I just checked and it's up now in my gog account.

Scratch that the game is on the shelf in gog but clicking on the links gives a 404 page not found error. Losing interest big time now.
Posted By: mbrown3 Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 09:20 PM
No announcement here.
And I still have no option to select the GOG version in the Vault. I can understand all these little issues but what I don't understand is this last second nonsense about no longer deleting Alpha and Beta Steam keys.....I hate Steam and wouldn't use it but asked for a Beta code in the hopes the big and ugly red box from my Vault backer page telling me to go get it would disappear, seriously, I hated that box and I never used the bloody Alpha and Beta code and of course the ugly red box didn't go away so now it just wants to tell me that I'll be able to switch to GOG soon when I already had selected GOG for my main game that larian decided to switch to Steam so now I can't even have Original Sin on my GOG shelf.

Now all this wouldn't be an issue if that had been the plan all along but the biggest problem we're having is that this nonsense was literally pulled on us AT RELEASE, without any warning....which probably means it's not planned one bit so there's all these problems about people who gave their Alpha/Beta codes away or whatever and Larian is all like "Uhhh, yeah, we'll fix it somehow." This is the problem!! They keep springing surprises on us that are literally out of the blue so now I'll likely have to wait even longer than people who already have a GOG code....and I DIDN'T EVEN USE the damn testing code.

I'm still calm but this is a wreck....a complete bloody wreck. None of this would be an issue if we at least had a few weeks' warning but no....it had to be release date surprise. SURPRISE!! You can't play!! And we switched your selection from GOG to Steam and now you can't select GOG but you will eventually be able to switch back!!

Combine into all this that if I can't start downloading in the next 20 hours I'll have to wait a whole god damn MONTH to play because I have a work related trip to make and I won't have internet I can use to download big files like a 6.5 GB game.
Posted By: Archmage_R Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 10:25 PM
I had a physical collectors edition of the game (via high tier kickstarter backing) Which were supposed to be my two steam keys. THen I had a digital download of the game on gog selected in the vault.
Now the keys have been upgraded, and my gog selection is gone. So all I can see now is my two steam keys.
Where is my Gog key?
Now I know the keys are delayed, but there is no longer an option for the gog thing even. The selection should still be there.
Originally Posted by Archmage_R
I had a physical collectors edition of the game (via high tier kickstarter backing) Which were supposed to be my two steam keys. THen I had a digital download of the game on gog selected in the vault.
Now the keys have been upgraded, and my gog selection is gone. So all I can see now is my two steam keys.
Where is my Gog key?
Now I know the keys are delayed, but there is no longer an option for the gog thing even. The selection should still be there.

They screwed it all up but you're supposed to be able to choose GOG again "very soon"(whatever that means) but this will destroy your Alpha/Beta key and you'll have to do a full re-download of the game when you redeem another Steam key(like one from the CE or whatever. I wouldn't mind all this if they didn't pull this nonsense on us AT RELEASE!!! I just want my damn GOG key, that's IT!! They can keep the damn Steam keys from my CE and so on, I only asked for a Beta key in hoped the ugly damn red warning message from my Vault backer page telling me to go get one would disappear, I NEVER USED IT!!
I can't say i'm not dissapointed. All this excitement and celebration has gone to down the drain.

At least people that didn't redeem the alpha key can at least try redeeming a GoG code
I'm stuck with a Steam key with the promise of being able to switch later (but how much later?)

Come on dear dames and chaps of Larian. Don't give us the literal shaft.

I'm still celebrating the release though and i'll be waiiting. On a side note i really wanted to make a celebratory post.

PS. Steam is the Satan! I dont and will never use it. DRM must dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

/end of rant
Posted By: Archmage_R Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Archmage_R
Where is my Gog key?

They screwed it all up but you're supposed to be able to choose GOG again "very soon"(whatever that means) but this will destroy your Alpha/Beta key and you'll have to do a full re-download of the game when you redeem another Steam key(like one from the CE or whatever. I wouldn't mind all this if they didn't pull this nonsense on us AT RELEASE!!! I just want my damn GOG key, that's IT!! They can keep the damn Steam keys from my CE and so on, I only asked for a Beta key in hoped the ugly damn red warning message from my Vault backer page telling me to go get one would disappear, I NEVER USED IT!!

Why on earth would I want to destroy my steam keys and download it again? The gog version I'm supposed to have is supposed to be Separate from the other two keys. They should just add in another option, not force us to remove the old ones.

Edit: I understand your prob with steam, I hate the fact that companies force steam keys on us. But since i had 3 keys I didn't care if two of them were steam as long as I had one extra for gog. Now however I do care, as my gog key is not there.
Posted By: jiraiya Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 30/06/14 10:44 PM
Seriously I just do not understand how companies keep messing up issues such as release licensing and so forth. I mean how big an issue is it to release a code which when validated gives you access to a licensed copy of the game. I too have not used alpha or beta access and simply want to be able to download the game which I paid for.

In other news my friend whom I mentioned earlier downloaded the game on steam. He has a very high spec gamiing machine and called me to report his progress. He mentioned that he found the cut scenes and the opening of the game jittery and noticed some significant stuttering. If his machine is stuttering, it may not bode well for my laptop. One of the reasons I was looking forward to this so much was the fact that it would also play on laptops well. I do hope that turns out to be the case.
Posted By: Jito463 Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 02:32 AM
Playing "devils advocate" for a moment, it's possible they had regional release requirements (with their regional distributor partners) that they had to get it out by the end of June, thus they were forced to rush things along, and ended up playing catchup with the Steam/GoG releases. It's still disappointing, especially for those who want it on GoG (and even more so for those who gave away their alpha/beta keys, assuming they'd be disabled on launch), but entirely possible there's perfectly understandable reasons for the last-minute issues.
Posted By: Jim Gagne Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 03:09 AM
Does anyone know if it's all right to play the Steam version while waiting for the GOG keys to show up. (Like most of the you, at the moment on my Larian Vault download page there's no option to choose GOG. GOG is coming "real soon.")

As of YESTERDAY (6/29) playing the Steam release version permanently closed the door on switching to GOG. TODAY, it appears that once you choose the GOG version, the Steam version is permanently disabled. Fine by me. But can we play the Steam version in the meanwhile without closing the GOG door?
Posted By: Rhenkar Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 03:18 AM
And I still have no option to select the GOG version in the Vault. I can understand all these little issues but what I don't understand is this last second nonsense about no longer deleting Alpha and Beta Steam keys.....

Snipped the rest. Thanks for this post, I thought I was losing my mind. "Alpha/beta keys will not work tomorrow on release!" Oh wait they auto convert, WTF? Never again, Larian, never again.
Posted By: jimnms Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 03:39 AM
Originally Posted by My name is Shar
PS. Steam is the Satan! I dont and will never use it. DRM must dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

You do realize that Steam is not DRM. It's a digital distributor, which does have an optional DRM component built into the platform, but there are lots of DRM free games on Steam, including D:OS.
Posted By: jiraiya Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 08:31 AM
Well this is just getting worse and worse. It seems the left hand does not know what the right is doing in this case. GOG responded to my query by telling me that it appeared that the game was added to my account soon after my query. It was indeed added to my account however the links all go no where and generate 404 errors. So here we still are with no game.
Posted By: pts Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by jiraiya
Well this is just getting worse and worse. It seems the left hand does not know what the right is doing in this case. GOG responded to my query by telling me that it appeared that the game was added to my account soon after my query. It was indeed added to my account however the links all go no where and generate 404 errors. So here we still are with no game.

Someone said he managed to get past the 404 errors by using the gog downloader. Can't try myself since they had the great idea to automatically upgrade my beta key to a steam key despite my gog selection and the change option doesn't work yet.
Posted By: Myrddin Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 10:36 AM
Doesn't work. The GOG DLer gets stuck around 3.75 Gb

EDIT actually it does work, if you follow the steps for this kind of error in the GOG website FAQ.
Posted By: Stargazer Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by pts
...It was indeed added to my account however the links all go no where and generate 404 errors. So here we still are with no game.

Someone said he managed to get past the 404 errors by using the gog downloader...

Taken from elsewhere:

The GOG download problem is due to invalid links on the GOG account page. Until this is fixed, the following links should allow GOG users (who have received and activated the codes supplied by Larian) to download the D:OS installer:

https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer1
https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer2
https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer3
At long last I am downloading Original Sin from GOG...now what's going on with the game tool on GOG?
Posted By: pts Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 12:45 PM
At long last I am downloading Original Sin from GOG...now what's going on with the game tool on GOG?

How were you able to change to gog? I'm still locked into ****** steam, still no option to change to the gog key on the larianvault interface...
Posted By: bargeral Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 12:52 PM
If you have a duo copy: Yesterday my unselected copy only had Steam as a choice - today I was able to select either steam or gog. So now I have one steam and one gog (downloading). So if you looked there before might want to look again. I still cannot change the one that was already set to steam.
Originally Posted by pts

How were you able to change to gog? I'm still locked into ****** steam, still no option to change to the gog key on the larianvault interface...

You should have a GOG option on your DUO key....that's what I used.
Posted By: pts Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 01:05 PM

I just have a single key, was in the steam beta, got upgraded to a steam full key (which i don't want and didn't select).
Posted By: jiraiya Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Stargazer
Originally Posted by pts
...It was indeed added to my account however the links all go no where and generate 404 errors. So here we still are with no game.

Someone said he managed to get past the 404 errors by using the gog downloader...

Taken from elsewhere:

The GOG download problem is due to invalid links on the GOG account page. Until this is fixed, the following links should allow GOG users (who have received and activated the codes supplied by Larian) to download the D:OS installer:

https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer1
https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer2
https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer3

Thanks for these. Unfortunatley only the first one works. The other two eventually time out. Perhaps the load on the servers is huge no given that everyone who was screwed by this in the last 24 hours will now be clicking them. Guess it will be later or tomorrow for me at this stage. Thanks anyway for the links.
Posted By: Inazuma Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 01:27 PM
I still can't see an option for GOG. All I get is "Choice(s): Steam". Argh, that's so f***ing frustrating. I contacted support twice. Hopefully they'll solve this quickly.
Posted By: Stargazer Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 01:30 PM
Thanks for these. Unfortunatley only the first one works. The other two eventually time out...
I just retried the last two and both gave a 1.8MB/s download (though using a separate download manager rather than my browser). It might be worth retrying or using a different method (like a download plugin or another browser).

It could also be geographical with your nearest CDN node being oversubscribed as you suggest. In that case, my commiserations - and a note to Larian to consider a more reliable, distributed download system like BitTorrent (an option with HumbleStore/HumbleBundle downloads).
Posted By: Tomohare Re: Where is GOG for KS Backers????????? - 01/07/14 01:33 PM
Me too! Why can't we change it??
Originally Posted by pts

I just have a single key, was in the steam beta, got upgraded to a steam full key (which i don't want and didn't select).

Yeah, hopefully Larian hurry up and will allow us to destroy that Steam key soon. In the mean time at least I can download(and hopefully play) the game.
Originally Posted by Stargazer
Thanks for these. Unfortunatley only the first one works. The other two eventually time out...
I just retried the last two and both gave a 1.8MB/s download (though using a separate download manager rather than my browser). It might be worth retrying or using a different method (like a download plugin or another browser).

It could also be geographical with your nearest CDN node being oversubscribed as you suggest. In that case, my commiserations - and a note to Larian to consider a more reliable, distributed download system like BitTorrent (an option with HumbleStore/HumbleBundle downloads).

I'm using the GOG downloader and so far it seems to be working just fine, never had to use any links. Now at 4.71/6.29 GB and appears to be going just fine. Hopefully the game will play...time will tell.
© Larian Studios forums