Larian Studios
Posted By: NyanOverlord Co-op dialogue question - 02/07/14 03:27 PM
Hey guys, me and my friend are playing in coop and we have a little problem: when my friend are talking to NPC, I cant see the dialogue options,I only can see what he already said in chat, and it is extremely uncomfortable especially in cities where other NPCs are talking and you cant read shit.
I there any option that will allow both players to be in conversation?
Posted By: Tanira Re: Co-op dialogue question - 02/07/14 03:40 PM
Been hearing about this on these forums and on the steam forums.

It sounds like a huge oversight, as it works now one of the co-op players will loose out a lot of the story.

I really hope this will be fixed soon, because I really wanna play this in co-op.
Posted By: hydraxos Re: Co-op dialogue question - 02/07/14 03:40 PM
you can filter the chat on the right by clickining on the symols on top - maybe its enough.
Posted By: perfectblue Re: Co-op dialogue question - 02/07/14 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by NyanOverlord
Hey guys, me and my friend are playing in coop and we have a little problem: when my friend are talking to NPC, I cant see the dialogue options,I only can see what he already said in chat, and it is extremely uncomfortable especially in cities where other NPCs are talking and you cant read shit.
I there any option that will allow both players to be in conversation?

Nope, dialogue for co-op in this game is a huge mess. Not sure how they released it like this and didn't foresee it as a problem.

Also not having the option to view your friends inventory is a pain as well.
Posted By: perfectblue Re: Co-op dialogue question - 02/07/14 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by hydraxos
you can filter the chat on the right by clickining on the symols on top - maybe its enough.

No its not, there are not enough filter options. If you are in a town for example if your friend is having an important discussion with an NPC and your trying to read along, the chat box will be littered with random NPCs talking.

Even if you go back and read through the messy chat window, or your journal it does not show your friends questions that he asked the npc, only the npcs answers.
Posted By: NyanOverlord Re: Co-op dialogue question - 02/07/14 03:56 PM
Filter in chat isnt helping, you cant separate dialogs with NPC from other NPCs replies.
And especially it is huge pain for people like me, with not perfect English (takes some time to read and properly understand some dialogs).
Me and my friend are dissapointed as fuck about this. Oh well, time to solo play then!
And sorry for my English again.
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Co-op dialogue question - 02/07/14 04:27 PM
We'll implement a solution for this soon.
Posted By: anton_es Re: Co-op dialogue question - 02/07/14 04:30 PM
I know it is no solution but why not use voicechat in steam ?
I "tell" my coop partner what is happening/if I give him loot/where I am etc etc

I agree the dialogue should show up for both during the conversation and afterwards in the log.
Posted By: NyanOverlord Re: Co-op dialogue question - 02/07/14 04:35 PM
Yeah, we are speaking on Skype with each other while playing, but there is so many dialogs in-game, and I'd like to read them too, not just listening what my friend is saying to me.
Originally Posted by Lar_q

Thanks!
Posted By: Indik Re: Co-op dialogue question - 02/07/14 05:34 PM
Thank you very much! This issue with coop dialogue bothers me as well.
Posted By: Horrorscope Re: Co-op dialogue question - 03/07/14 12:51 AM

Gracias!
Posted By: Norsa Re: Co-op dialogue question - 04/07/14 06:23 PM
Good to hear this is being worked on, as it stands my wife flat out refuse to play ^^
Posted By: boe2 Re: Co-op dialogue question - 04/07/14 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Norsa
Good to hear this is being worked on, as it stands my wife flat out refuse to play ^^

I am sitting here with my GF sitting next to me, who doesn't want to continue playing until this is fixed, hence we used the search to find this thread laugh
Posted By: Horrorscope Re: Co-op dialogue question - 04/07/14 10:00 PM
Wait until the you know what hits the you know what at Swen's house! smile
Posted By: Nanoloque Re: Co-op dialogue question - 05/07/14 02:29 PM
That's good news ! I understand that both playable characters should be close to the character speaking to be aware of the conversation but even if they are, it is difficult to follow : the lines keep coming too fast and there is too much text.

Plus, my friend and I don't always know what the other one said.
Posted By: NintechTindre Re: Co-op dialogue question - 05/07/14 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by boe2
Originally Posted by Norsa

I am sitting here with my GF sitting next to me, who doesn't want to continue playing until this is fixed, hence we used the search to find this thread laugh

Exactly same scenario here at home with the wife. It was very disappointing when we realized we wouldnエt be able to play the way we both expected to when following the story.

Glad to hear it being addressed. smile
Posted By: lolwut77 Re: Co-op dialogue question - 05/07/14 05:40 PM
Press L on your keyboard and go to the Dialogue tab. You can follow along with your partner's conversation without all the random chatter cluttering things up.
Posted By: Horrorscope Re: Co-op dialogue question - 05/07/14 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by lolwut77
Press L on your keyboard and go to the Dialogue tab. You can follow along with your partner's conversation without all the random chatter cluttering things up.

Here is my Horrorscope's Half-Assed but very Quick Feature solution tip of the day!

Make a new Hotkey that takes us right into this dialog screen.

AND

When a player goes into conversation, on the other Coop players screen, simply state in some manner like in the middle of the screen: "Conversation Started by Partner: Press X to follow along." And have it auto-exit when the dialog is over.

That would be a possible good way to get something going fast, vs a possible fairly sized overall to the dialog system.

------------------

Another easy one (Sorry to just whip out the word easy to devs):

In the Dialog Chat the bottom right. Get rid of NPC Chatter or make a new section that has that and Coop Dialog separate. And in that Coop Dialog make sure both the Players and NPC's responses show.

Posted By: Heroic_Spur Re: Co-op dialogue question - 05/07/14 07:34 PM
What's currently missing in dialogue is the ability to see what chat options your partner has -you can work around the other issues with L. In any event, dealing with dialogue currently in co-op, is very awkward.
Posted By: Lycanthrope Re: Co-op dialogue question - 05/07/14 10:53 PM
Very hard to play in co-op due to the dialogue. Had hoped it would have the dialogue window pop up for both of us and allow us to both choose dialogue (perhaps as a sort of coin toss).

The fact that dialogue gets chucked in the bottom-right window or being forced to use the "L" workaround seriously breaks the sense of immersion for us.

So... we've ended up playing the game we've been waiting so eagerly to co-op... solo frown
Posted By: Norsa Re: Co-op dialogue question - 06/07/14 11:48 AM
The "L" option does not save all tbh. When we use this i get pulle out to make choices. I dont get to see the last piece of text as i am instantly pulled into the dialouge screen. And here is the annoying part: It does not log what my wife said to get me into the screen. I feel i am missing a piece of the dialogue.

So funny to see there are several couples having the same issue!
I actually activated my account just to be able to discuss this issue wink
Posted By: jfunk Re: Co-op dialogue question - 06/07/14 06:22 PM
The dialog list in the journal does show partner responses. And the pop up dialog window when the second player must make a choice shows the other players response at the top.

Still would like to see the option to display this more smoothly, but it seems functional as a workaround for now.

Ideally, a screen that looks just like the journal dialog list, but also contains the interactive options so you can do it all from that one screen would be best.
Posted By: boe2 Re: Co-op dialogue question - 14/07/14 08:27 AM
*ba-bump*
Posted By: Heroic_Spur Re: Co-op dialogue question - 18/07/14 10:32 PM
This issue seems to be slipping away. I would urge the developers not to forget to implement a solution to this.
Posted By: Zewks Re: Co-op dialogue question - 19/07/14 11:16 AM
Sloppy work arounds dont make up for the frustration this causes me and my gf when trying to play co-op.

Would be nice to hear some sort of response/status from the devs on the planned solution or improvements they have in mind. Why? Because we want to make sure that their time and effort is being spent on an improvement that will actually IMPROVE this, not just add a new, but different method of frustration.

Plus, as of right now, it seems like all these complaints about it are going unheard by devs.
Posted By: radament Re: Co-op dialogue question - 19/07/14 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Zewks
Sloppy work arounds dont make up for the frustration this causes me and my gf when trying to play co-op.

Would be nice to hear some sort of response/status from the devs on the planned solution or improvements they have in mind. Why? Because we want to make sure that their time and effort is being spent on an improvement that will actually IMPROVE this, not just add a new, but different method of frustration.

Plus, as of right now, it seems like all these complaints about it are going unheard by devs.

well...i'm sure i read something about this from devs but can't remember where.
anyway the coop major problems are :

1) Nudity bug (friend connects and he can't see armor)
2) Double dialogues must have a sort of visible and not invasive popup for the players who didn't started the dialogue so they can follow the story without the annoying "L" -> "Dialogues" -> "Craziness"
3) Companion changes his hair color when friend connects (yes i put this in the major problems because the game is rpg centered and if someone wanted to hire a gay blonde archer , well , if it turns its hair to dark black , the roleplayer could suffer seizures.)
4) Not very Coop related but Larian please , add a minimal tutorial for crafting/blacksmithing (popup) because new coop players feels a bit confused how to craft (me too) so they wont "cheat" and come here to see the recipe list spoilering all the stuff and playing DOS like Diablo 3 rushing the game for ingredients and blabbering about OP weapons.
Posted By: Onions Re: Co-op dialogue question - 20/07/14 09:20 AM
Would just like to add my support to getting this issue resolved.

Purchased this game to experience a true role-playing game (not action RPG) in a co-op scenario with the missus. We had every intention to reading all the dialog and really soaking it all up, until..

Well, the fact that half the game experience is currently one person reading and the other person waiting around not know what the fuck is going on - then trying to explain what happened. It is borderline game breaking for us. We're holding off on our first play through until this issue is resolved.

Anyhows, registered with the forum just to post this, hope the devs read it and give it the attention it deserves.

All the best.

Cheers.
Posted By: Elminster Re: Co-op dialogue question - 28/07/14 08:52 PM
+1.

The game is awesome, but it's on hold until this gets fixed.
Posted By: Horrorscope Re: Co-op dialogue question - 28/07/14 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Onions
Would just like to add my support to getting this issue resolved.

Purchased this game to experience a true role-playing game (not action RPG) in a co-op scenario with the missus. We had every intention to reading all the dialog and really soaking it all up, until..

Well, the fact that half the game experience is currently one person reading and the other person waiting around not know what the fuck is going on - then trying to explain what happened. It is borderline game breaking for us. We're holding off on our first play through until this issue is resolved.

Anyhows, registered with the forum just to post this, hope the devs read it and give it the attention it deserves.

All the best.

Cheers.

When was the last time you tried? With the first official patch it made it now doable for me where I was pretty much in your shoes. The lower right dialog box just displaying dialog is much better, however don't confuse that with me not wanting better. But we can follow along with each conversations. The next minor boo boo is when in coop I have to scroll up to see what the other player did.

I know Swen likes/wants to play games like this with his missus. Did he not try his own game out? It does stick out like a sore thumb, or at least really did prior to the first official patch. I can only think he didn't as if Mama ain't happy, ain't no one.
Posted By: jansuuta Re: Co-op dialogue question - 03/08/14 09:35 AM
I hope improvements to co-op dialogue get patched soon when Larian devs get back from vacations. This is an area that has the potential to make a very good game simply great.
Posted By: Zewks Re: Co-op dialogue question - 04/08/14 06:16 PM
Still silence from the devs about this.

If this keeps up, I cant see how they expect people who bought this game for co-op, to spend any money on DLC or sequels. It seemed like the devs were active and on top of issues in the beta.

Very disappointed.
Posted By: Elminster Re: Co-op dialogue question - 04/08/14 06:27 PM
My friend and I are playing another game until it's fixed. We NEED to be able to read each others dialogue in a proper way.
Posted By: dirigible Re: Co-op dialogue question - 04/08/14 06:37 PM
Still silence from the devs about this.

If this keeps up, I cant see how they expect people who bought this game for co-op, to spend any money on DLC or sequels. It seemed like the devs were active and on top of issues in the beta.

Very disappointed.

Larian literally just got back from their vacation today. They haven't been responding to anything because they haven't been at work.
Posted By: Zewks Re: Co-op dialogue question - 04/08/14 08:01 PM
Ah, hopefully they are rested and refreshed then, and ready to improve upon this asap :P
Posted By: Mirza Re: Co-op dialogue question - 05/08/14 05:43 AM
Yeah this issue also killed the coop game with my wife. Still been playing solo when I have a spot of free time, however, so I didn't rage uninstall. I would like to play this one with the wife, though, as it is pretty much the only non-Mario game she has enjoyed. She is still dying to know who killed Jake.
Posted By: Lantros Re: Co-op dialogue question - 05/08/14 08:32 AM
I too hope that they improve the coop-dialogs with the next patch. Thats the only complain i have about the game.

Me and my wife play it in coop and we having a blast, but it was hard to follow the story, even if you can read the dialogs in realtime in the logbook. Thats why we rearrarnged our PCs, so we both could read the dialogs on both monitors.

Posted By: Horrorscope Re: Co-op dialogue question - 05/08/14 01:43 PM
Patch Notes of first official patch:
- Dialog banter filter in the combat log

What this means is they added another filter in the dialog box, this is where all PC to NPC conversation go to. So we no longer have to go into the Logbook to see what our coop partner is doing, it will show in the lower right dialog box. What I do is just un-check all other filters and leave this checked. All conversation in game happens in this box, it is better. Perhaps there is an exception or two. I assume this was their fix. I did mention a bug with it in another thread in terms of chronological order.
Posted By: Mirza Re: Co-op dialogue question - 05/08/14 08:42 PM
It doesn't seem the best fix.
Posted By: Arrahant Re: Co-op dialogue question - 06/08/14 10:36 AM
Made a forum account just so I could respond in this topic: please make co-op dialogue work the way any player would expect!!

Me and a friend are dying to take a week off and play this game in co-op nonstop, but the current state of affairs surrounding dialogue in co-op ruins the immersion. Make both players be in the conversation plix!

Until then we're gonna hold of playing. We've been dying to play non-mmo rpg's together for years: they are very rare. Guess we'll just have to wait for "soon" (tm)!! smile
Posted By: Lantros Re: Co-op dialogue question - 06/08/14 11:02 AM
@Arrahant
Its worth the wait! Although iエm not the youngest gamer, i never played a non-mmo rpg in coop (i know that this was possible with BG, NWN, but i never tried it). But me and my wife love to play PnP-RPGs and divinitys coop feels like playing PnP. May it be the diskussions about what to do next, how to solve a quest or what action would useful in a though fight....

PS: Sry for my english. Its not my first language
Posted By: tarasis Re: Co-op dialogue question - 06/08/14 12:07 PM
They said on Twitter yesterday that they are working to improve the co-op dialog stuff. I guess we'll need to wait and see what they are changing.
Posted By: Morrandir Re: Co-op dialogue question - 06/08/14 02:48 PM
Could you link the tweet?
Posted By: tarasis Re: Co-op dialogue question - 06/08/14 03:09 PM
https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/496575756152352768

@BlondeNerd Happy to hear you're having fun! One of our coming updates will make following dialogs in co-op a lot easier btw

(Note I'm not BlondeNerd smile )
Posted By: Horrorscope Re: Co-op dialogue question - 06/08/14 03:46 PM
Great to see the tweet!
Posted By: Zewks Re: Co-op dialogue question - 06/08/14 07:29 PM
Wish they would have taken the time to post in their OWN forums rather than resorting to twitter. Either way, still good to see they are working on it. Just hope its the right solution to the problem, and not another awkward work around that leaves people still struggling.
Posted By: Elminster Re: Co-op dialogue question - 06/08/14 09:05 PM
Glad to "hear" about that tweet!
Posted By: Mirza Re: Co-op dialogue question - 07/08/14 05:59 AM
Glad they have at least let someone know they are working on it. It is too bad they have not hired somebody to follow each of them around and document things like productivity, lunch choices, and the composition of their bowel movements. It is truly unfair that they don't let the forums know the consistency of their stool each day.
Posted By: Heroic_Spur Re: Co-op dialogue question - 08/08/14 12:56 PM
I really hope the solution they implement resolves the problem fully. All that's desired is for the option for the non-dialogue player to see the full dialogue in the same way that the person in dialogue does, that includes seeing what dialogue options are available.
Posted By: Mirza Re: Co-op dialogue question - 08/08/14 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Heroic_Spur
I really hope the solution they implement resolves the problem fully. All that's desired is for the option for the non-dialogue player to see the full dialogue in the same way that the person in dialogue does, that includes seeing what dialogue options are available.

Agreed. Even with the dialogue logs it seems like a poor solution. The dialogue box should pop up on both players' screens with maybe only the non-active player's screen only showing the npc's dialogue and the active player's selection.
Posted By: Horrorscope Re: Co-op dialogue question - 08/08/14 09:19 PM
One issue I can see of an identical dialog screen popping up for all players is trading. That would need to be reworked so trading isn't part of the dialog screen and entering trading outside of going into conversation.
Posted By: jfunk Re: Co-op dialogue question - 08/08/14 10:36 PM
I for one absolutely do not want the "same dialog window" solution many seem to. The second party should not be forced into the dialog if they don't choose to open it.

The primary advancement this game had made in turn based party based RPGs is to break the "follow the leader" standard which reduces every player other than the "leader" to an observer. My friend and I only play Divinity together and usually do our own thing in town until somebody says "hey, you should listen to this conversation", at which point the other opens the journal and follows along.

Yes, this system needs improvement so as to be smoother. A simple on screen notification that the second player cab click on or not would be best. But to force the old standard of every party member being handcuffed to the " talker" is a step backwards.
Posted By: Zewks Re: Co-op dialogue question - 08/08/14 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by jfunk
I for one absolutely do not want the "same dialog window" solution many seem to. The second party should not be forced into the dialog if they don't choose to open it.

The primary advancement this game had made in turn based party based RPGs is to break the "follow the leader" standard which reduces every player other than the "leader" to an observer.

Right, easy solution to BOTH things, to make everyone happy:

1. When one player starts a dialog, the 2nd players is given the option "Watch Dialog? Yes / No"

2. If Yes is selected, they proceed to see the dialog as if they had initiated it. If No is selected, they can continue playing as they currently do now in the game.

This isnt rocket science, nor is it a functionality that is hard to program. Its something that just wasnt concidered, or had time allocated to doing it.
Posted By: Mirza Re: Co-op dialogue question - 09/08/14 03:21 AM

The primary advancement this game had made in turn based party based RPGs is to break the "follow the leader" standard which reduces every player other than the "leader" to an observer. My friend and I only play Divinity together and usually do our own thing in town until somebody says "hey, you should listen to this conversation", at which point the other opens the journal and follows along.

Yes, this system needs improvement so as to be smoother. A simple on screen notification that the second player cab click on or not would be best. But to force the old standard of every party member being handcuffed to the " talker" is a step backwards.

This actually sounds like the perfect solution.
Posted By: jansuuta Re: Co-op dialogue question - 09/08/14 02:41 PM
Yep, the latest patch did not have a fix for this, so they are sure taking their time on this, which gives us hope that it is something this elaborate. Maybe next week we shall see..
Posted By: Heroic_Spur Re: Co-op dialogue question - 11/08/14 07:42 PM
@jfunk, I don't seem to recall asking anything to be forced in my post. It's pretty clear that an option is what has been requested at all stages.
Posted By: Desius Re: Co-op dialogue question - 12/08/14 08:40 PM
When the game first came out, a friend and I got through about an hour of playing COOP Multiplayer before giving up; we couldn't stand to continue due to the coop dialog clunkiness.

There is so much conversation and exposition in the dialog system that it was exceedingly painful and immersion-breaking to have to keep opening the journal and read the active conversation as it progressed.

No, the work around of using the journal is not one we can live with. It completely spoils the mood of the game.

Despite the co-op dialog, we both liked the short bit of the game we saw. We'll get back to playing it if/when they implement a way for us to both be able to start, follow, and contribute to a conversation without having to jump through hoops. Until then the game is shelved. Hopefully they make a very clear announcement regarding this fix (if it ever happens) since I only have so much patience of coming back here to check if they've addressed it or not.
Posted By: ncostes Re: Co-op dialogue question - 13/08/14 03:02 AM
Even the system in NWN2 worked better for us playing co-op. It was annoying that we all got forced into dialogs when one person was forced in but it was better than struggling with the journal or chat window.
Posted By: dwelfusius Re: Co-op dialogue question - 13/08/14 09:05 AM

The primary advancement this game had made in turn based party based RPGs is to break the "follow the leader" standard which reduces every player other than the "leader" to an observer.

Right, easy solution to BOTH things, to make everyone happy:

1. When one player starts a dialog, the 2nd players is given the option "Watch Dialog? Yes / No"

2. If Yes is selected, they proceed to see the dialog as if they had initiated it. If No is selected, they can continue playing as they currently do now in the game.

This isnt rocket science, nor is it a functionality that is hard to program. Its something that just wasnt concidered, or had time allocated to doing it.

Seems wonderfull, although I must admit scalable UI fixed a lot of my issues since my screen with talk/combat log is bigger now
Posted By: Exilion Re: Co-op dialogue question - 14/08/14 10:45 AM
Will the co-op dialogs be fixed? There a lot of advices from players how the problem could be solved, it is better then nothing. Bought 2nd copy for my friend in Germany, but for a new player it is hard to follow the story without normal dialogues. Please, tell us about the progress in fixing the dialogue system
Posted By: Raze Re: Co-op dialogue question - 14/08/14 01:16 PM

As mentioned above, the next patch will include improvements to the co-op dialogue system. Last week there was a tweet saying it was planned for release probably this week, but unforeseen circumstances could delay that (and it wasn't a firm estimate to start with).
Posted By: dwelfusius Re: Co-op dialogue question - 14/08/14 01:47 PM
thx Raze
Posted By: Arrahant Re: Co-op dialogue question - 15/08/14 12:14 PM
That's some great news! Can't wait till this new patch comes out! Thanks for the update Raze.

Really hope it comes out a bit before September 9th, since me and my friends "might" become addicted to playing Destiny together after that! wink

Posted By: Masca Re: Co-op dialogue question - 15/08/14 02:23 PM
I'm glad the devs are addressing this issue, as it makes coop unplayable for me and my GF.

This game should fail any coop quality test on the first 5 minutes just because of this issue.

The rest of the coop experience seems pretty solid, though.
Posted By: jansuuta Re: Co-op dialogue question - 20/08/14 07:18 PM
Anyone hear on the next patch ETA? It has been awfully quiet, but I hope they'll release co-op dialogue fix soon.
Posted By: Elminster Re: Co-op dialogue question - 20/08/14 08:33 PM
We really need it.
Posted By: Zewks Re: Co-op dialogue question - 21/08/14 05:26 PM
Patch notes for todays patch didnt seem to have anything about this... sigh. More waiting.

Larian studios - Making spouses and partners grumpier than an orc under a love spell.
Posted By: Arrahant Re: Co-op dialogue question - 21/08/14 09:33 PM
Likewise! More waiting for the two of us.
Posted By: Heroic_Spur Re: Co-op dialogue question - 22/08/14 05:34 PM
Make that three. Immensely disappointed, previous remarks indicated that there would be some sort of fix/improvement in the latest patch. Not even a mention.
Posted By: fxluk Re: Co-op dialogue question - 23/08/14 11:00 AM
Raze provided me with info from Larian's twitter:

Larian Studios ‏@larianstudios 22 sie
@jaimilo You're 100% right and we know. A feature that fixes this is in testing, and *should* ship next week.

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/496575756152352768

I don't like * with should because is likely means that it won't be shipped next week but well we will just have to wait and see.
Posted By: Horrorscope Re: Co-op dialogue question - 23/08/14 06:10 PM
I'm excited to see what they do. I'm ok with what they have today with it in the lower Dialog box and I can mute NCP chatter. Everything goes in there when the other person has a conversation, I just simply read along. But if it is a lot more than that, G-reat! Prior to the Dialog Box filter added, it was a pain going into the Dialog section with no hotkey to read along.
Posted By: jansuuta Re: Co-op dialogue question - 29/08/14 03:06 PM
Any news on this or the next patch release date?
Posted By: Raze Re: Co-op dialogue question - 29/08/14 07:06 PM

Presumably it should be released early next week.
Posted By: Zewks Re: Co-op dialogue question - 03/09/14 10:33 PM
Could we maybe get a teaser of what its going to be like while we wait?
Posted By: jansuuta Re: Co-op dialogue question - 05/09/14 05:10 PM
Sigh, there goes another week and no patch.
Posted By: Zewks Re: Co-op dialogue question - 05/09/14 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by jansuuta
Sigh, there goes another week and no patch.

Seems like "early next week" turned into "Early next NEXT week"

doh
Posted By: Raze Re: Co-op dialogue question - 05/09/14 11:34 PM

The tweet saying it "*should* ship next week" was on the 22nd (a Friday)... I assumed that meant the following week, but maybe it was 'next week, after this coming week'. Or things just took longer than expected.
Posted By: Arrahant Re: Co-op dialogue question - 09/09/14 08:53 AM
Good thing Destiny is now out to fulfill our co-op needs! smile
Posted By: Horrorscope Re: Co-op dialogue question - 09/09/14 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by Arrahant
Good thing Destiny is now out to fulfill our co-op needs! smile

I checked, Destiny is not out on the same system you can only play D:OS on. I've enjoyed playing D:OS cooperatively.
Posted By: Zewks Re: Co-op dialogue question - 12/09/14 04:47 PM
Any updates?

Even maybe a brief description of what we can expect with the co-op changes being worked on?

Im curious on how the devs plan on improving things with this issue. Not trying to rush the fix, but it would be nice to know if its worth waiting for.

Posted By: Puyopsy Re: Co-op dialogue question - 12/09/14 05:10 PM
3 months to provide us a patch, that's a joke, isn't it ?
Posted By: Raze Re: Co-op dialogue question - 12/09/14 05:25 PM

The update is ready; we're just waiting on Steam to do something.
Posted By: Jito463 Re: Co-op dialogue question - 15/09/14 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by Puyopsy

Well, that entirely depends on what amount of work went into the update, and how much testing was done prior to release.
Posted By: vinaysshenoy Re: Co-op dialogue question - 15/09/14 03:35 AM

I see. Since you have so much experience, would you like to provide us with a patch yourself?
Posted By: Styno Re: Co-op dialogue question - 15/09/14 07:42 AM

What are you talking about? The game has been patched 15 times since release (not counting the localization updates)

The latest patch dates back to the 22nd of august, that's not even one month....

If you are waiting for a specific thing and don't care about all those fixes and tweaks that have been done since release, that's fine for you.
But don't start getting mad
Posted By: Arrahant Re: Co-op dialogue question - 16/09/14 08:33 AM
I haven't installed the game yet, but do conversations in co-op now work as one would expect? With that I mean that if one of the players initiates a conversation, the other player receives a warning of this and is asked to join the conversation. After which the second player sees the same dialogue screen pop up as the player that initiated the conversation, can hear the NPC at hand talking, and perhaps even can suggest which answer should be picked by clicking on it? Or how does it work exactly now?
Posted By: Styno Re: Co-op dialogue question - 16/09/14 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Arrahant
I haven't installed the game yet, but do conversations in co-op now work as one would expect? With that I mean that if one of the players initiates a conversation, the other player receives a warning of this and is asked to join the conversation. After which the second player sees the same dialogue screen pop up as the player that initiated the conversation, can hear the NPC at hand talking, and perhaps even can suggest which answer should be picked by clicking on it? Or how does it work exactly now?

You don't get a warning but characters that are in dialog now have a speech balloon above their heads.
You can click on a character with such a balloon, as if you'd do to talk to them, to get the dialog window with all the history of that conversation, allowing you to re-read it all if you'd like.
Check the update video, you can see how it works there (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDp_H9w7Imc&t=4m20s)
Posted By: Celo Re: Co-op dialogue question - 17/09/14 03:48 PM
FINALLY we can play the game together and enjoy it! It's sooooooooo much better when you can just join a conversation instead of using the stupid log. THUMBS UP!

THANK YOU SO MUCH LARIAN!!!
Posted By: Arrahant Re: Co-op dialogue question - 18/09/14 07:44 AM
Awesome this has been fixed! Now it's time to plan a lan party, and co-op away for a couple of days!
© Larian Studios forums