Larian Studios

Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many

Posted By: henryv

Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 18/07/14 01:03 AM

I'm on my 51st hour of the game (8 hours alpha), and I'm thinking of rerolling. The game is getting easy for me, but I'm thinking my build is not optimized as others. I'm on the hiberneim map.

How many times did you reroll and at what number of hours did you invest already in that playthrough.
Posted By: Ailurophile

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 18/07/14 01:39 AM

Rerolled twice. Probably at 20 hours and again at 10 more.
Posted By: LordCrash

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 18/07/14 01:48 AM

No, not even once.
Posted By: DragonCommander

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 18/07/14 01:59 AM

I rerolled many times smile
Posted By: Vedros

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 18/07/14 02:22 AM

I rerolled about 5 times, not counting rerolls because I was stupid and messed something up (wrong portrait twice)!

Making a perceptive rogue/mage that leads/loots/ID's/backstabs/shoots-arrows isn't easy.
Posted By: Neosai

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 18/07/14 01:11 PM

At least 8 times, two times I was 15 or so hours in, the other 6 I was playing around the first town to test out some builds. The rest are all simply testing out concepts.

Currently building an Earth + Telekinesis Candle & Object throwing mage with max Leadership and the ability to craft to lead the other characters.
Posted By: tarasis

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 18/07/14 01:23 PM

I consider it occasionally. I'm 20 hours in so far, playing with the stock characters but as time goes on I wish they were as I want them
Posted By: Halcyon

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 18/07/14 02:17 PM

No reroll, just stock witch and stock rogue, stock companions. It's a decent challenge.
I picked rogue thinking it would be necessary for stealing, but pickpocketing isn't all that. Barely use it, because you only get to steal once - and vendors upgrade their gear with your level, so if you waste it on an earlier level, you screw yourself. Kinda lame smile
Posted By: MrGrim

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 18/07/14 05:29 PM

4 times most with about 2 days worth of playtime so about 25 hours each
Posted By: GamezGlitchz

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 18/07/14 09:31 PM

yes...playing the game on HARD now, lol (beaten it once fully and half way on new team but its to easy now) my 100+ videos attest to it =) LOL
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeusrXH_hwph41o65WJLTG_jfDCTtJWpv
the final boss is amazing =)
Posted By: dlux

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 18/07/14 10:17 PM

I would reroll, but I don't see any need to do so. The game is quite a breeze, even on hard.
Posted By: eidolon

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 19/07/14 12:39 AM

Respecing has the advantage that you can take the talents that would unlock later right away or make the 1 talent mage with a million skillpoints.

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 19/07/14 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by eidolon
Respecing has the advantage that you can take the talents that would unlock later right away or make the 1 talent mage with a million skillpoints.

W8, can you respec on the game? My rerolling on the game=restart all over again... If this is viable, phew that will save me a lot of time.
Posted By: eidolon

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 19/07/14 01:02 AM

You can respec once you get 7 starstones (use bloodstones to transform them into starstones).
Note that this will make you lose your skills, some of which are not obtainable atm.

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 19/07/14 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by eidolon
this will make you lose your skills

Oh, this changes everything about it then. Thanks for the information. I'll be sure to buy the necessary skills I want before I respec then.
Posted By: mrvile

Re: Did you reroll your char? What xx hours & how many - 19/07/14 01:12 AM

I was plowing through the game with three casters and a tank but started getting a little bored of the playstyle shortly after I got to the second town so I rerolled a rogue, cleric, ranger, and caster. I'm not very far into the new game but I'm really starting to get fed up with how finnicky the melee placement system is, particularly backstabbing. I really like the rogue playstyle but damnit, I cannot for the life of me get optimal damage output from this guy because I'm blowing AP nudging around behind an enemy trying to set up a backstab. Then I give up and settle for a couple of 10dmg regular attacks. From the back. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that I can step, pixel by pixel, full arcs around the back of an enemy and never get backstab placement. It really sucks. Rogues really seem to need those crits to be viable.

I'll probably go back to the casters at this point just to get further in the game and put the rogue on hold until either Larian or some modder comes up with a better solution for the positioning, it's almost unplayable.
© 2020 Larian Studios forums