Larian Studios
Posted By: scruffyotter DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 23/07/14 04:27 AM
I don't know WHY characters don't heal over time, or WHY they don't heal while IN a town. this should be a feature.

thanks!!

ps-love the game
Posted By: Halpmepls Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 23/07/14 04:31 AM
because the whole game is stupid thats why....

Larian: "Oh I know guys, let's build the game with a fucked up ruleset that nobody in the history of RPG has used....and let's troll the player while at it"

Other Larian Guy: "Heeeey, what a jolly idea!"
Posted By: Klixen Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 23/07/14 04:57 AM
I support this request!

Why oh why can't we heal over time when out of combat?
Posted By: X-tasy Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 23/07/14 05:20 AM
You can sleep in a bed to regenerate. There are lots of beds in villages and towns.
Posted By: fashasha Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 23/07/14 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by X-tasy
You can sleep in a bed to regenerate. There are lots of beds in villages and towns.

As the quoted wise man said, you can do that. In the first city, you can just go the camp where the Legioneers are (The campfire, the pot, near their kitchen, etc.) get warm and sleep in their beds a bit.

Besides, if you already have Jahan as a companion, he can just heal up, I know it's annoying, but out of combat the cooldown is very minor.
Posted By: henryv Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 23/07/14 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by X-tasy

I actually learned this near the end game when I misclicked the bed laugh.
Posted By: i30817 Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 23/07/14 06:42 AM
Terrible 'idea'. If you want to cheat, just do, (or don't, there already are 5 or 6 strategies that will make you invincible because larian doesn't really care about obvious balancing). Or just drop a pyramid near a bed like is traditional if you really feel that attached to your health potions.
Posted By: eidolon Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 23/07/14 06:52 AM
Healing over time would be something that you could unlock with a talent. While it is not super important it would be comfortable when you switch around between combat and loot/trade/identify/perception gear.
Posted By: Incendax Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 23/07/14 08:25 AM
I see both sides. On the one hand, there is already out of combat healing in the form of beds. You can always take the time to walk to a bed and heal up.

On the other hand, if there is already free out of combat healing... why add the inconvenience of walking all the way to a bed? The result is exactly the same, except one option is more annoying.
Posted By: Imarion Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 23/07/14 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Halpmepls

Larian: "Oh I know guys, let's build the game with a fucked up ruleset that nobody in the history of RPG has used....and let's troll the player while at it"

You must be quite young and unaware of RPG history.

In Dungeon Master, you had to eat and drink.
When you slept to regenrate (mana), you became hungry.
You had to constantly care about food and water.
And when too hungry you started to loose health slowly.
Same with the quite recent Legend of Grimrock from Almost Human.

Closer, in Baldur's gate (and all AD&D games), there was no auto regen either. Only during fast travel but once on a map you had to do with the memorized spells.
And if you slept to re-memorize spells you risked a random encounter.

Even closer in Skyrim (I known everybody does not like it, but I do and its sales proves I'm not the only one), by default you do not regenerate health either. Only mana.

I was surprised in the beginning of D:OS (and happy to have decided to take a healer with me right at the start).

Imarion
Posted By: Vandraman Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 23/07/14 12:22 PM
Also there is this stuff called 'food' which you can also craft or just find. And there are one or two healing potions and spells in the game which you can find or craft.

A group healing-over-time spell would be nice, though. It can be a pain having to multi-cast healing spells on each character.
Posted By: Hiver Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 23/07/14 12:53 PM
Lobotomy is the answer to all such problems.

and watching youtube lets play videos instead of playing.
Posted By: Hassat Hunter Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 23/07/14 11:59 PM
Can't say I find auto-regeneration in modern games fun... getting harmed is pointless if there's no risk.

Heck, due to the abundance of infinite castable with cooldown healing spells in D:OS it's not far away from that already smirk
Posted By: Mr. C Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 24/07/14 12:21 AM
Let's not lie to ourselves and say that D:OS is hard. It's hard when you don't know what the hell you're doing and then it's easy.
Posted By: Incendax Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 24/07/14 03:14 AM
Someone mentioned this above, but I think it deserves repeating. An AOE heal would be amazing.
It's a pain to make a separate cast for every party member.
Posted By: Damar Stiehl Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 24/07/14 04:01 AM
No heal over time please, not now, not later, not ever. Not unless you buy a specific trait for it. Because NOBODY IS WOLVERINE BY DEFAULT damnit.

AoE heal though? Yes please. Healing Rain maybe?

And gods, I wish you were somewhat nudged towards needing to eat and drink. For reasons different than "this pie is really a healing potion". Maybe small long-term bonuses (+carry weight, +sight/hearing, +AP regen or +AP, something). Make it a slight but useful bonus that lasts, say, 100 turns.
Posted By: Nilt Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 24/07/14 04:35 AM
Originally Posted by Imarion
Originally Posted by Halpmepls

You must be quite young and unaware of RPG history.

Hey, my 10 year old knows about Baldur's Gate so these are mutually exclusive things. :P

Dungeon Master

Oh, man. I'd nearly forgotten that game. I need to note a to do item to see if I can get it again ...
Posted By: dlux Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 24/07/14 01:04 PM
I don't mind healing my party manually, I like that actually... if it weren't for that annoying 2-3 second pause between casting spells.
Posted By: Whysper Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 24/07/14 01:33 PM
So let's introduce healing over time...

Oh, I have rot now... Haha Larian!

It works in some games and not in others. It worked well in Dragon Age: Origins if I remember correctly, but I really don't think it would work here. There must be a fear for your characters' lives somewhere, too easy to walk through a field of mines with healing over time e.g.

And yes, it is one of the few things in the game that punishes you for having an unbalanced party (i.e. no Cure Wounds/water magic) and I'd personally prefer it to stay.

Healing Rain sounds cool. But I'd prefer if it healed everything in the area (because I'm masochistic and I hate zombies).
Posted By: Hiver Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 24/07/14 03:31 PM
Not everything in the game should be distorted for player convenience.

Internal consistency, logic and coherence of the game world should trump player laziness and spoiled minds.

Distorting everything to "make it easier" is the road towards decline that we all went through in dark publishing ages. Lets not forget that.

Posted By: Starthief Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 24/07/14 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by scruffyotter
I don't know WHY characters don't heal over time, or WHY they don't heal while IN a town. this should be a feature.

Towns are not necessarily safe/friendly places.

Originally Posted by Incendax
Someone mentioned this above, but I think it deserves repeating. An AOE heal would be amazing.
It's a pain to make a separate cast for every party member.

Zombie trait + Deadly Spores. Just don't cast it near open flame. laugh
Posted By: Incendax Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 24/07/14 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Starthief
Zombie trait + Deadly Spores. Just don't cast it near open flame. laugh
Hhahaha. Four talents and disabling real healing spells is not an opportunity cost most people would be willing to take :P
Casting healing spells after combat is pointless and annoying.
There is no skill involved, it does not add to the experience, its just an annoyance u have to do and a waste of time.
Oldschool? Yes maybe, but not everything oldschool is good and worth keeping around.
Posted By: Hiver Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 24/07/14 11:35 PM
It makes the verisimilitude of the setting stronger, coherence and internal logic of the game world greater and more divested from the players like you.

You have no idea what old school means and just throwing declaratory statements around means nothing.

Your personal subjective opinions are not truths of the universe and reality.

Originally Posted by Hiver
It makes the verisimilitude of the setting stronger, coherence and internal logic of the game world greater and more divested from the players like you.

You have no idea what old school means and just throwing declaratory statements around means nothing.

Try to act and talk/write like a grown up please, since you seem to know "oldschool" you should be old enough, aren't you?
No need to get all butthurt if someone disagrees with your opinion.
No need to attack the person or their knowledge of terms, that is usually a sign that you are out of loical arguments and makes you look childish.

No one is throwing around "declaratory statements", ppl are just voicing their opinions.
"Oldschool" games had no universal ruleset all games subscribed to.
Each game did it differently, some had more features, some had less. Some had more convenience, some had less.
Divinity decided to use some of these features and not others.
For example, fast travel was not a common feature, at least not in the divinity way. If it had, you usually could be attacked during that "fast travel" and u usually healed up.

Please stop that patronizing behavior. Its is you throwing around these statements.
Posted By: Hiver Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 25/07/14 01:08 AM
The first three sentences in your reply are declaratory statements, again, in which you are trying to forcefully establish a specific meaning - without any proof or argument or real connection to anything i said.

A really cheap logic fallacy of trying to strawman in an ad hominem about how someone else is childish.

You are throwing around declaratory statements, not some hypothetical people. I was talking directly to you.

If Oldschool had no universal ruleset, and had different levels of convenience as they of course did, then you should not make arguments that are negative towards some distorted notion of "old school", as if that twisted meaning has any connection to your declaratory statements based purely on subjective dislike of some features.

Declaratory statement, completely unsupported by anything. You just state it is so. Obviously to you, personally, based on subjective reaction.

It isnt such to me and several other players.

There is no skill involved, it does not add to the experience, its just an annoyance u have to do and a waste of time.

Again, completely personal subjective opinion presented as holy truth - i.e. declaratory statement not supported by anything real.

Saying that there is no skill involved is especially pointless and vapid, since it doesnt make any sense - since you dont need any skill to use healing spells whenever you use them in the game. You click an icon and then click on a character.

None of these has anything to do with any kind of "Oldschool".
Especially if you presume some specific features in old school games were there just to be old school, without any other reason.

These features actually have a specific effect in the game, as i explained. And you can now go and read my reply again without so pathetically grasping for childish ad hominems.

Various specific features in Oldschool games also had their specific roles, uses and effects on the whole.

btw, at the time those games were not called Old school games.

Posted By: i30817 Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 25/07/14 01:16 AM
No, its true. Larian chooose, for some reason, probably involving 'don't care lol/D2/WoW did it like this' to make spells use a cooldown instead of memorization slots (on town only would be good, but this is obviously impossible with the current balancing). Failing that, they might have had the decency of not putting ANY spell that heals to make resource management come into play. But of course they didn't so there is no reason to use anything except a spell out of combat (where you use potions if you want).

Remove the cooldown mechanic, create some dungeons that trap you until complete and this could have been a reliably challenging game that uses more than 3-4 abilities on all fights, like knights of the chalice... well the pyramids sort of ruin that, but you could disable them at points, whatever.

Its a bit frustating that this game is TB while pillars of eternity is RTwP and has similar mechanics. Ce la vie.
For "automatically heal while in town" to work, "town" would have to be a distinct region (it isn't in DOS) and a safe zone (it isn't in DOS). That's why it isn't there.
Posted By: Hiver Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 25/07/14 01:38 AM
It has already been said that you can sleep in beds.

I find that much more atmospheric, game world enhancing and nice then any kind of mass market health regen, regardless of what someone would consider "easier" for them personally.

I actually want my mage to cast his spell on my guys to heal. In and out of combat.

Sure, the survival aspect of the game could have been made stronger, theoretically, but this is a Divinity game. Lets be real about such expectations and desires.

A kind of complete conversion mod for the game could make that aspect stronger, but it isnt sensible to expect that from the official main campaign.
Hiver stop being arrogant for a second.

You claim you want arguments supporting ones claims? Yet you do the *exact same thing*
You blame people for throwing around statements without anything behind it? Yet you do the *exact same thing*
You blame people for putting their subjective opinion above all else as in being not the truth of the universe and reality(dude loled at this one, seriuosly?) yet you do the *exact same thing*
You use "you have no idea what oldschool means". Really? You do?
How do i not know and you do? Can you prove that? Can you argue that? Can you prove you do? Reminds you of a declaratory statement? Hm?
Basically what you are implying with this is "i am right because i know more and older games than you" which you can not possible know. Speaking about childish ad hominis .. right?
Are you doing that on purpose or are you truly not seeing that you are doing the exact thing you blame me doing?

Btw you are not explaining *anything* you are just putting forth a subjective view and a declaratory statement which by your own definition is not the truth of the universe and is completely unsupported by anything and presented by you as the holy truth.

Why am i saying there is no skill involved outside of battle? Why am i saying its pointless and annoying. Thats pretty simply, no idea why you choose to play dumb here. In battle you have some kind of resource management, in this case APs, you have to choose weather to use your APs to do damage, move out of stuff, or heal or a combination of those. Each action has consequences, costs you resources, has its rewards and disadvantages and limits the options you have lft.
Outside of battle you do not have to wage anything against anything you simply press the button and wait till cds runs out to heal the next party member. or you port to a bed or whatever. There is no skill involved, just time, its just waiting till its over. And that is boring and becomes annoying.
Sure some ppl like that, sure np, i have no problem with that, but you should not become hostile if ppl do not like it and claim they don't know what they are speaking about. Thats bad, childish behavior. Does not help to mask your rudeness behind those big words you like throwing around.

I hope i made that clear for you. Pointless was the wrong word to use tho, i have to admit.

I have to agree with others tho, a Trait would be awesome for that and could be a good middleground.
Posted By: Hiver Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 25/07/14 11:05 AM
You cant really just declare someones behavior as childish, or arrogant without actually providing anything as a sort of proof about it - when replying to several sentences i posted that actually explain why this feature has a value for internal coherence of the game world, setting and atmosphere. Or general verisimilitude of the game.

Nor can you just claim i am somehow doing what you are actually repeatedly doing, several times over already.

Since you are not capable of objectively considering things, lets take a repeated review:

You start by claiming:

Originally Posted by namealreadytaken
Oldschool? Yes maybe, but not everything oldschool is good and worth keeping around.

These are all declaratory statements without anything to support them. They express your personal subjective feeling and dont provide anything else.

My reply is this:

to which you reply with:

Try to act and talk/write like a grown up please, since you seem to know "oldschool" you should be old enough, aren't you?
No need to attack the person or their knowledge of terms, that is usually a sign that you are out of loical arguments and makes you look childish.

No one is throwing around "declaratory statements", ppl are just voicing their opinions.
"Oldschool" games had no universal ruleset all games subscribed to.
Each game did it differently, some had more features, some had less. Some had more convenience, some had less.
Divinity decided to use some of these features and not others.
For example, fast travel was not a common feature, at least not in the divinity way. If it had, you usually could be attacked during that "fast travel" and u usually healed up.

Please stop that patronizing behavior. Its is you throwing around these statements.

A pile of garbage sentences. Implied invented ad hominem of my supposed childishness, me somehow not being "able to talk like a grownup", being somehow "butthurt because someone disagreed with my opinion" - and then you grasping for victim position by accusing me of attacking you personally - even though i just stated the obvious about your opening empty declaratory statements.

All in all, a very clear case of psychological projection where you are behaving "childishly" and resort to personal insults and attacks because someone disagrees with your empty, unsupported opinion, instead of providing a single supporting argument for your declaratory statements.

Then you grasp for some kind of call for popularity fallacy by pretending we are talking about some "people", instead of specifically about you and your declaratory statements.

Hiver stop being arrogant for a second.

adhominem.

You claim you want arguments supporting ones claims? Yet you do the *exact same thing*
You blame people for throwing around statements without anything behind it? Yet you do the *exact same thing*
You blame people for putting their subjective opinion above all else as in being not the truth of the universe and reality(dude loled at this one, seriuosly?) yet you do the *exact same thing*

More empty declaratory statements. Its actually nothing to lol about.

Basically what you are implying with this is "i am right because i know more and older games than you" which you can not possible know. Speaking about childish ad hominis .. right?

No, thats a strawman.
It means you are directly and obviously inventing what i am presumably "implying" and "thinking" and putting those words in my mouth.

FYI, i didnt have a single thought of that kind.

Why am i saying there is no skill involved outside of battle? Why am i saying its pointless and annoying. Thats pretty simply, no idea why you choose to play dumb here.

If it is simply then you could have explained it instead of throwing tantrums and devolving into cascade of fallacies.
Me not being telepathic and just automatically figuring what you mean and why you think something is not really "playing dumb". The opposite is true.

In battle you have some kind of resource management, in this case APs, you have to choose weather to use your APs to do damage, move out of stuff, or heal or a combination of those. Each action has consequences, costs you resources, has its rewards and disadvantages and limits the options you have lft.
Outside of battle you do not have to wage anything against anything you simply press the button and wait till cds runs out to heal the next party member. or you port to a bed or whatever. There is no skill involved, just time, its just waiting till its over. And that is boring and becomes annoying.

Thats more like it, but your conclusion is your personal subjective reaction to it.

Of course you can have such personal opinion about this. I dont mind that and we can agree to disagree about that or anything else.

But, in truth, personal opinions like this cannot be presented as ultimate truths about the matter. Thats what i am objecting to.

I am of the opinion that internal consistency and verisimilitude of the game world, its setting and lore and atmosphere is more important then some minimal personal "annoyance" of players like you.

As for question of skill as you described it (and thats an argument i see repeated fairly often, from those that want to force in their convenience over everything) - one cannot really expect same kinds of consideration to be important about using healing spells right in the middle of combat or outside of it.

Its a false dichotomy to present it like that.

Not that using heals in combat actually requires any specific "skill" from you.

Additionally, - How personally annoying it is to someone to use healing spells, or other items and features outside of combat - is a personal matter, or a problem - that completely disregards game internal consistency and atmosphere. For purely selfish and drastically overblown reasons.

Which is a very big and familiar symptom of mass market publisher driven games of the last decade of decline and one of the biggest reasons for loss of actual quality across the board for any games, especially cRPGs.

Its the design for the lowest common denominators.

I might agree if the issue is something really, really annoying, something illogical and alien to the game world gestalt - like "respecing" or several other such mass market features that are in the game already... but,

All you have to do is click once on a spell and heal a party member with your dedicated healer (or anyone who has any of those spells), maybe eat a piece of food or go and rest in a bed for a few seconds.

Posted By: ScrotieMcB Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 25/07/14 11:19 AM
I thought "Healing Rain" was getting everyone to 150% Fire Resistance and casting Explode. Although there's considerably more burning than most rain.
Holly shit you are doing it again dude.
I wen through your posts to see were your behaviour comes from.
You seem to get in those kinds of fights quiet often on there forums. Ever thought why thats the case?
Your favorite words seem to be declaratory statements and strawman. Everytime someone has an opinion that goes against your view of what a rpg, or this rpg wshould look like you try to put him/her down by throwing around words you learned in highschool debate club, not realizing, (see your last post for prove) that you are doing the same thing.
Your post history proves that beyond any doubt.
You seem to be very pationate about the game, thats cool, you also seem to be very passionate against mass market rpg market, thats cool too, where it stops being cool is that you think you you are above the other player that are not against that mass market as you see it. That is clearly visible by the language you use, for example when you use phrases like "players like you" which you did more than once in you post history. I know you will falsely call adhominem again, but really sheds light on your behaviour.

Do you think by you quoting my sentences and replying to it that is proof? and me not quoting you and replying to your whole text that is not? Seriously?
You are throwing around declaratory statements around in your whole text, just reread what you have written that is way i am saying you are doing the exact same thing. And yes i can say it, just reread what you have written. Ar you *seriously* not getting this at all*
See what you wrote:

"It makes the verisimilitude of the setting stronger, coherence and internal logic of the game world greater and more divested from the players like you."

Its an example, its a statement without any proof or argument behind it, its a subjective view without proof and you are trying to put yourself above "players like me" with your last words. And no, thats not a strawman, that is what your words are saying. Strawman also does *not* mean what you think it means, at least most of the time you throw it around.
Thats why i am saying you are doing the exact same thing, *because you are*.
You are repeating "players like you" again in your post, setting yourself apart and above me again. That is not neutral language its arrogant language, hence me calling you arrogant.

Another statement of yours:

"All in all, a very clear case of psychological projection where you are behaving "childishly" and resort to personal insults and attacks because someone disagrees with your empty, unsupported opinion, instead of providing a single supporting argument for your declaratory statements."

Dont you see the irony in it? Your statement is the exact thing you are accusing me of. Seriously dude? At this point i am about to congratulate you to a very well done trolling. If i were you i would call adhominem on that statement aswell.

And btw calling someone to stop arrogant behavior is not adhominem. Its calling someone out for being arrogant because conversation is tiresome with such a person. I am not trying to invalidate your arguments with it, i simply ask you to stop behaving in a certain way. Again inproper use of the word.

Anyhow, i am not going to reply to your childish attacks anymore, its pointless, you basically doing what you are accusing me of yourself all the time and state that i can not say it, for some reason only you know. Thats like someone denying the sky is blue. Pointless.
Maybe you don't mean to come off that hostile and arrogant, i don't know.

Back to topic.

While i agree, its a subjective PoV you have to accept that your view on that is subjective aswell and not the ultimate truth either. Forums are there to express one views and discuss is, for players like you and players like me and players like the rest of people.

My argument from earlier still stand, despite you not accepting or countering it.
Yes you are right, you can not expect to have the same considerations inside and outside of combat.
That is exactly my point. You don't have considerations at all outside of combat, you just do it and it costs time. And you have to do it after (almost) every battle, thats why i call it pointless.
It does not feel like i accomplish anything, it feels, to me, like a combersome task i have to repeat over and over again.
It is not a false anything presented, its an explanation why its a poor gameplay feature.

That it adds to the world or is consistent with the universe etc yada yada yada is a personal view and not the ultimate truth. One could always say, the comfort of a town lets you regenerate, or source hunters have the ability to regain HPs out of combat due to their training, or the are so experienced in battling evil that they are infused with life after being victorious. That would be consistent with the game world, would add to the atmosphere, would add to the feeling of being a mighty band of warriors, at least to some people. And would eliminate an annoyance without breaking the internal rules or logic of the game. If there was a Talent/Trait whatever for it, it would even add to the character progression, since you have to actively make a choice to have that talent and not have another.

Its is not just clicking once, you have to click a few times, for every member. And then wait on the cooldown to heal again. Its just waiting, its not gameplay.

What you neglect to say, in your rant against modern rpgs (which i can understand in parts) is, that due to changes like that, more and more people play those fantastic games nowadays then have back then. They are accessible to people who have never thought of playing rpgs before.
And that is not a bad thing, in my book atleast. It may suck for elitist rpg players who think their rpgs have to be their way and no other, but for the vast majority of people thats a good thing. If we all deny progress, we would still live in caves and hunt our food ourselves, since you know, supermarkets are convenient.
Why not be happy that more people are able to have fun with the games we love? My butt atleast does not hurt due to that.

Edit:
Forgot to say, how is respecing not coherent with the game world?
If there is a demon who, with magic, can make you better at certain areas, how does that not fit in a magical universe?
Posted By: Incendax Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 25/07/14 06:53 PM
You seem to get in those kinds of fights quiet often on there forums. Ever thought why thats the case?
Just ignore him. You obviously disagree with him, and he has baited you into spending a great deal of time replying to him and investigating his previous posts. Someone else posted something absolutely hilarious in another thread. I will repost it here for humor:

Originally Posted by LightningLockey
Also ignore Hiver's purely negative comments, he is our resident 'unemployed' troll. The Troll King fired him since he can't count his money from his TROLL TOLL. People were giving him 15 gold instead of 150 to cross his bridge...rather embarrassing isn't it?
Haha, thanks, that made me laugh smile
Posted By: Hiver Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 12:23 AM

What am i doing again?

Explaining things to you while youre incapable to say anything but splurge various empty declaratory statements including repeated ad hominems and strawman arguments?

There is no fights, just a discussion in which you fail to support your statements with anything and are constantly flipping back to fallacies instead.

You went through my posts? So... what? Do you think that "going through my posts" somehow gives you the right to proclaim that im just fighting with "people"?

Your favorite words seem to be declaratory statements and strawman.

My favorite...? hahaha When you make declaratory statements and strawman arguments - what am i supposed to call those? Pretty clouds and unicorns?

Its not my problem there is about half dozen of idiots like you around who aren't capable of saying or writing anything but.

Even when clearly and directly asked to do so.

Everytime someone has an opinion that goes against your view of what a rpg, or this rpg wshould look like you try to put him/her down by throwing around words you learned in highschool debate club, not realizing, (see your last post for prove) that you are doing the same thing.

Thats another pathetic ad hominem.

And pathetic insane attempt to claim something, thinking it is then true.

Your post history proves that beyond any doubt.

Empty declaratory statement that only shows how delusional you are.

You seem to be very passionate about the game, thats cool, you also seem to be very passionate against mass market rpg market, thats cool too, where it stops being cool is that you think you you are above the other player that are not against that mass market as you see it.

How do you know what i think? Is it "obvious" to you? Telepathically?

btw, this doesnt have anything to do with "passion about one thing or the other" - it has to do with your empty declaratory statements and repeated fallacies.

You might want to stop making fallacious declaratory statement about what i am thinking or feeling too. It makes you look like psychologically deranged person.

In addition to the rest.

That is clearly visible by the language you use, for example when you use phrases like "players like you" which you did more than once in you post history. I know you will falsely call adhominem again, but really sheds light on your behaviour.

Players like you means just players like you. It doesnt mean i think i am "above other players" which is just a nonsense your butthurt brain invents - because thats some kind of infinite loop it runs in, a limited range you cant exceed.

Do you think by you quoting my sentences and replying to it that is proof? and me not quoting you and replying to your whole text that is not? Seriously?

No, just replying to something doesnt mean much. What the reply consists of does.

My replies were and are explanations, yours are deranged simpleton ad hominems, strawman arguments and empty declaratory statements.

Plus these paranoid statements about what i am thinking...

You are throwing around declaratory statements around in your whole text, just reread what you have written that is way i am saying you are doing the exact same thing. And yes i can say it, just reread what you have written. Ar you *seriously* not getting this at all*
See what you wrote:

"It makes the verisimilitude of the setting stronger, coherence and internal logic of the game world greater and more divested from the players like you."

Its an example, its a statement without any proof or argument behind it, its a subjective view without proof and you are trying to put yourself above "players like me" with your last words.

Thats an explanation, not a declaratory statement, its just that you lack cognitive abilities to understand it.

You see, there is no notion of people or creatures just healing by themselves in this specific game world - setting.

There are items that do that and there is magic that does that.

So anything that works like that strengthens the internal consistency of the game world, while if any sort of health regen would be forced in - it would detract from it and be completely alien in this game and its internal logic - for your personal convenience.

This feature also plays a important role in some parts of the story, like when you get rot disease. If characters would heal by themselves then Rot disease would have no point existing at all.

If you would want that only player character heal while no others could it would be even worse.

And no, thats not a strawman, that is what your words are saying. Strawman also does *not* mean what you think it means, at least most of the time you throw it around.

I didnt say that was a strawman argument at all.

This was:

No, thats a strawman.
It means you are directly and obviously inventing what i am presumably "implying" and "thinking" and putting those words in my mouth.

Another statement of yours:

"All in all, a very clear case of psychological projection where you are behaving "childishly" and resort to personal insults and attacks because someone disagrees with your empty, unsupported opinion, instead of providing a single supporting argument for your declaratory statements."

Dont you see the irony in it? Your statement is the exact thing you are accusing me of. Seriously dude? At this point i am about to congratulate you to a very well done trolling. If i were you i would call adhominem on that statement aswell.

That statement is actually correct and true since that is all you have managed to say. Your very words prove that so there is no need for me to explain that further.

I quoted your words as im doing right now. You prove it yourself. Repeatedly.

You are pathetically attempting some sort of reverse psychology schtick but im not sure if you even can understand what you are doing.

And btw calling someone to stop arrogant behavior is not adhominem. Its calling someone out for being arrogant because conversation is tiresome with such a person. I am not trying to invalidate your arguments with it, i simply ask you to stop behaving in a certain way. Again inproper use of the word.

You ask me to "stop behaving in a certain way" and that "way" is what you say it is - because you just feel like it?

Because you just declare it such?

Purely rhetorically... are you even sane?

Anyhow, i am not going to reply to your childish attacks anymore, its pointless, you basically doing what you are accusing me of yourself all the time and state that i can not say it, for some reason only you know. Thats like someone denying the sky is blue. Pointless.
Maybe you don't mean to come off that hostile and arrogant, i don't know.

And you repeat that "childish" schitck as if its a broken records pinning in your head.

Its not surprising that you see this as "hostile and arrogant etc" but thats your personal opinion based on wrong, fallacious motivations of repeated attempts to weasel out of the discussion by trying to attack my "personality" or my "motives" or "thinking" - none of which you have any knowledge about.

So, you basically just repeat your small little loop of nonsense declaratory statements and personal attacks.

After i pointed out that you are doing that.

Back to topic.

- back to just repeating what you already said. Because repeating things, hoping it will work is a sign of intelligence.

While i agree, its a subjective PoV you have to accept that your view on that is subjective aswell and not the ultimate truth either.

No, there is no equality between me and you in any sense.

Yours is the subjective view, mine considers the game internal coherence and game world logic first.

Forums are there to express one views and discuss is, for players like you and players like me and players like the rest of people.

Sure, but empty declaratory statements, ad hominems, personal attacks and other assorted fallacies are worthless.

One should be able to explain his opinions instead of just stating them and expecting that has any actual value.

My argument from earlier still stand, despite you not accepting or countering it.

You didnt make any arguments, Just spouted more empty, unsupported nonsense. You cant just say that your argument "still stands" because thats just an empty declaratory statement that makes it clear you are not capable of understanding reality.

Yes you are right, you can not expect to have the same considerations inside and outside of combat.
That is exactly my point. You don't have considerations at all outside of combat, you just do it and it costs time. And you have to do it after (almost) every battle, thats why i call it pointless.

What you call something is irrelevant.
Its your personal subjective reaction. >your own problem.

Thats the point.

It doesnt cost time, you dont have to do it after every battle unless you play badly and healing your characters so they are ready for the next fight is not pointless.

Plus it reinforces the internal coherence of the setting and it is directly used as a feature in parts of the story - as i explained already.

It does not feel like i accomplish anything, it feels, to me, like a combersome task i have to repeat over and over again.
It is not a false anything presented, its an explanation why its a poor gameplay feature.

Its just a statement about how it makes you feel.

That it adds to the world or is consistent with the universe etc yada yada yada is a personal view and not the ultimate truth.

hahaha

One could always say, the comfort of a town lets you regenerate, or source hunters have the ability to regain HPs out of combat due to their training, or the are so experienced in battling evil that they are infused with life after being victorious.

One? Who?

You?

Any random player?

That feature does not exist in the game. Read what i explained about it above - again. So i dont have to repeat myself - again.

That would be consistent with the game world, would add to the atmosphere, would add to the feeling of being a mighty band of warriors, at least to some people.

It would only be a personal bullshit excuse without any relevance or connection to the game as it is.

You are free to fantasize whatever you wish but that doesnt make it a part of the game. In reality.

And would eliminate an annoyance without breaking the internal rules or logic of the game.

It would eh? Because you declared it?

:lol:

Its is not just clicking once, you have to click a few times, for every member. And then wait on the cooldown to heal again. Its just waiting, its not gameplay.

No, you click once, cast the spell, maybe eat something and thats it. In rare cases when your character is hurt a lot you may cast the healing spell twice. Big deal. while waiting for cooldown to expire you move or do something else. Which you can, because you are not in combat anymore so you do other things.

You will "wait" not doing anything only if you are completely stupid.

btw ...Healing is not gameplay... ?
Non combat time in the game is not gameplay, eh?
Or is it that whatever you drones dont like personally is not gameplay?

What you neglect to say, in your rant against modern rpgs (which i can understand in parts) is, that due to changes like that, more and more people play those fantastic games nowadays then have back then. They are accessible to people who have never thought of playing rpgs before.

Fantastic games? hahaha You are all welcome to them. Just go back to bethpizdenimax, EAaware and other such lowest common denominator products companies and play those games... oh right, you cant because you played all of them once, eh?

How about not trying to distort this one into the same crap food made specifically for you in a shopping factory?

And that is not a bad thing, in my book atleast. It may suck for elitist rpg players who think their rpgs have to be their way and no other, but for the vast majority of people thats a good thing. If we all deny progress, we would still live in caves and hunt our food ourselves, since you know, supermarkets are convenient.

Right, right... as opposed to you drones demanding that all rpgs become mass market turds that you like, that heal characters instead of you, that point you where to go and what to do, that dont "close any content" from you, that make your egoes feel and think instead of you. While they rot what little brain and common sense you had.

Have a happy cancer in your supermarket.

My butt atleast does not hurt due to that.

Obviously.

Edit:
Forgot to say, how is respecing not coherent with the game world?
If there is a demon who, with magic, can make you better at certain areas, how does that not fit in a magical universe?

Because whatever laughable idea of such bad excuses that comes out of your head has nothing to do with internal world logic of this game.

Because that feature exists only for you, not for anyone else in the game world. Because it is added to the game for your convenience only - so you wouldnt need to maybe play it a few times.

Because saying "magical universe so anything goes" is the ultimate retardation and nonsense and another proof you are not capable of understanding simplest logic.

Only somewhat fortunately, Larian studios are better then what youre use to so they didnt make it that easy or simple.

If you really want to know.
Hahah your butt seems more hurt more than after a competitive chili con carne eating competition. Apply some lotion my friend.
I have not seen someone so butthurt in a loooong looooong time. Wishing me cacner? Priceless.
Funniest thing tho was when you said other peoples opinions are subjective but yours is super cool, nice one.
Either you are deliberately playing dumb, choosing not to understand what i wrote or you are having trouble understanding written language. Most of your answers make no sense, maybe in your coherent brainworld, but not in English.

Either you are a very very good troll, then i tip my hat to you, or you are a really really really stupid person, unable to handle yourself in a social environment.

Either way, its very sad. But go ahead reiterate your favorite words again, maybe you use some of em in the right way by accident.

/me hands Hiver some Lotion.
Sorry i made you cry bro, no hard feelings?
Posted By: Hiver Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 01:17 AM
That kind of reaction is nothing different then what you exhibited so far.
Complete lack of ability to think rationally and provide anything actually valuable.

Just spinning in your own cognitive dissonance while spewing nonsensical, self defeating blathering around in psychological projections you cannot even notice.

Funniest thing was when you said other peoples opinions are subjective but yours is super cool, nice one.

Yet another blatant strawman by a extreme mass market drone, feeding on cheesburgers in supermarkets.

Im sure someone will pity you.

I see you failed again in using "strawman" properly. Maybe next time.
Nice adjectives. A+ on that.

But now, stop crying and let it go dude.

Btw whats up with you and supermarkets? Have you had a bad experience there? Has your mom forgotten you there when you were little?
How can one hate so much on a supermarket. Supermarkets and modern RPGs. The root of all evil!
Posted By: ScrotieMcB Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 03:12 AM
Here's what I believe:
1. There isn't really a right or wrong answer on the whole "heal out of town" thing. There are preferences. I'm looking at this whole argument and it's about as silly to me as one person claiming the provable superiority of chocolate ice cream versus someone claiming the provable superiority of pistachio ice cream.
2. Games should be made to accommodate the various preferences out there. There should be someone who makes chocolate ice cream, and someone who makes vanilla. It would really suck if every game was made according to the same set of preferences, and no one could find a game which catered to their "eccentricities."
3. I like me some pistachio ice cream. I also like it when there's no automatic healing in my RPGs.
It would be nice if there was a skill to regenerate health like in Divine Divinity, and in towns or non-hostile territory this would be boosted 4x.

In all honesty, one can just take their characters to a bed to heal manually. But out of sheer convenience, just to have it done gradually would be nice. Things like this would keep you more into the game then doing "maintenance" work. Though I think this would be most useful in early levels prior to the learning of healing spells/skills.

Now with my example, lets say it takes a good two minutes out of combat to heal 100% with regeneration (like 1 second = 1%). In town, 1 second = 4% HP. If this was an MMORPG, or if someone made a mod that turned the game into an MMORP (would be awesome) then I can see no auto-healing in town.

@Hivers comments -
Guys and Gals, please stop trolling him. I know he's a troll, he's already verbally attacked me for being in the military. It is best to just report his negative comments to the moderators and keep the thread going. This thread is owned by a new user, scruffyotter, not Hiver!

When the mods get sick of all the reported posts, he'll be gone. Don't get your posts reported on. This is a friendly forum and it is up to all of us to keep it that way smile
Posted By: Hiver Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 08:02 AM
Its kinda almost funny that you choose to come blaring here, where your clone is having exactly same cognitive failures as you did lockey.

Im not sure how you figure that i "attacked you for being in the military" hahaha but you could prove that idiotic lying statement, surely? Give a link or something, yes? Want to remind us what mass market feature you were demanding there?

The only thing that actually happened is that you embarrassed yourself by trying to win some completely unattainable argument by claiming you are in the military hahaha

Which automatically makes you a screaming embarrassment for any military that employed you.
Not to mention how ironic it is and what a good material for some Dave Allen sketches.

You are a prototype reason for every joke about brainlessness of military ever made.

Originally Posted by ScrotieMcB
Here's what I believe:
1. There isn't really a right or wrong answer on the whole "heal out of town" thing. There are preferences. I'm looking at this whole argument and it's about as silly to me as one person claiming the provable superiority of chocolate ice cream versus someone claiming the provable superiority of pistachio ice cream.
2. Games should be made to accommodate the various preferences out there. There should be someone who makes chocolate ice cream, and someone who makes vanilla. It would really suck if every game was made according to the same set of preferences, and no one could find a game which catered to their "eccentricities."
3. I like me some pistachio ice cream. I also like it when there's no automatic healing in my RPGs.

What is most hilarious to me is when third parties see an argument and then somehow accept that an issue is a matter of "personal preferences" - despite clear and numerous very big internal reasons to the contrary.

1. There is already a surplus of various healing items in the game. - I trust i can leave the resulting logic causation effect to you.

2. The fact that nobody heals just by themselves in the game world is actually used as a feature and part of some quests and story itself.

3. This fact is clearly a part of the inner game world logic and the setting. Any health regen would be completely alien, outside feature that is forced onto the game specifically for personal convenience of a few quite mindless drones - exhibit one and two above - who cannot form two coherent thoughts in a row.

Convenience issue that is based on literally overblown unrealistic complaints from those same people.

Why would you even think its a matter of personal preferences? Why fall for that cheap trick?
Ofcourse that laughable brainfarts like lightninglockey and that spinning mental failure above would like to make it seem so.

After all they dont have anything but their "personal opinions" to spray around.

See? How something makes him "feel" is the reason why something is a poor gameplay feature.

Posted By: Fellgnome Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 09:06 AM
Everyone do the board a favor and just report Hiver's posts from now on rather than feeding the troll. He's long overdue for a ban.
Posted By: ScrotieMcB Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 09:20 AM
Probably should have added
4. He who begins arguing the provable superiority of a particular flavor of ice cream is very unlikely to cease trying to prove the superiority of said flavor.

That said, it's a preference, but it's also one which influences a lot of other factors in a game's design. Hiver did a decent enough job of going over how the initial decision to "go pistachio" has had effects on other game design decisions within D:OS. Changing the flavor now would mean the extra developer work of redesigning those affected systems, and thus it isn't likely to happen at this point. Game's already released, after all.

There's about zero chance of Lockey getting what the specific thing he wants from this game. He should realize this and stop beating his head against a wall. However, if you're a game developer, you should probably realize there's an audience for people like Lockey (I doubt he's the only one who thinks the way he does) and consider making a different game to appeal to them, something that's a little similar to D:OS but has some important differences as well. There's a market out there for the chocolate ice cream lovers too, after all.

Just, um, we're doing the pistachio thing here, Lockey. We're going to keep doing it. You're not wrong, per se, but it doesn't matter because we're not changing. No offense, hope you can understand.

@Fellgnome: He actually had some good points, in his own way; I reference them above. He's not stupid and he's not a troll, he's just very, very arrogant. I don't have a problem dealing with some bad attitude if there's some degree of intelligence behind it; your opinion may differ.
Posted By: Fellgnome Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 09:34 AM
Probably should have added
4. He who begins arguing the provable superiority of a particular flavor of ice cream is very unlikely to cease trying to prove the superiority of said flavor.

That said, it's a preference, but it's also one which influences a lot of other factors in a game's design. Hiver did a decent enough job of going over how the initial decision to "go pistachio" has had effects on other game design decisions within D:OS. Changing the flavor now would mean the extra developer work of redesigning those affected systems, and thus it isn't likely to happen at this point. Game's already released, after all.

There's about zero chance of Lockey getting what the specific thing he wants from this game. He should realize this and stop beating his head against a wall. However, if you're a game developer, you should probably realize there's an audience for people like Lockey (I doubt he's the only one who thinks the way he does) and consider making a different game to appeal to them, something that's a little similar to D:OS but has some important differences as well. There's a market out there for the chocolate ice cream lovers too, after all.

Just, um, we're doing the pistachio thing here, Lockey. We're going to keep doing it. You're not wrong, per se, but it doesn't matter because we're not changing. No offense, hope you can understand.

@Fellgnome: He actually had some good points, in his own way; I reference them above. He's not stupid and he's not a troll, he's just very, very arrogant. I don't have a problem dealing with some bad attitude if there's some degree of intelligence behind it; your opinion may differ.

If this weren't their official forum I wouldn't mind. But it is, and it reflects badly on their moderation to allow such blatant disregard for their forum rules regardless of whether we define it as trolling or flaming or whatever.

Trolling as defined their board rules fits Hiver's behavior -

Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.

Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=boardrules&v=1
Posted By: ScrotieMcB Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 09:46 AM
While I am definitely a fan of game developer property rights -- which means I believe this is their house and they can do pretty much whatever they want which isn't criminal, to include deleting posts or banning users purely on whim, much less with good reason -- in terms of what I tolerate from other forum users, I'm pretty easygoing. I mean, if I was running a forum, trolling wouldn't be against the rules, because I think some of the more genuinely interesting debates become genuinely interesting because you have one or more participants who believe what they believe with a passion, and some of that passion would be stifled if expressing it was strictly forbidden. I'd consider the intent behind such antagonization to be far more important; there's a difference between someone "doing it for the lulz" and someone with perhaps too much conviction.

And it genuinely bothers me that I'm not allowed to swear here. I feel I do so rather effectively, and having one of my rhetorical techniques denied to me sometimes feels like having my hands tied. I'm having a surprising amount of trouble finding the ESRB rating (perhaps there isn't one due to Larian's location), but it's a game with sufficient adult material, so I don't see the need to be family-friendly in terms of language. They're still the boss, I respect that, but it's a decision I don't understand.

But I digress. Hiver obviously isn't in it for the lulz here.
Posted By: Fellgnome Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 10:21 AM
While I am definitely a fan of game developer property rights -- which means I believe this is their house and they can do pretty much whatever they want which isn't criminal, to include deleting posts or banning users purely on whim, much less with good reason -- in terms of what I tolerate from other forum users, I'm pretty easygoing. I mean, if I was running a forum, trolling wouldn't be against the rules, because I think some of the more genuinely interesting debates become genuinely interesting because you have one or more participants who believe what they believe with a passion, and some of that passion would be stifled if expressing it was strictly forbidden. I'd consider the intent behind such antagonization to be far more important; there's a difference between someone "doing it for the lulz" and someone with perhaps too much conviction.

And it genuinely bothers me that I'm not allowed to swear here. I feel I do so rather effectively, and having one of my rhetorical techniques denied to me sometimes feels like having my hands tied. I'm having a surprising amount of trouble finding the ESRB rating (perhaps there isn't one due to Larian's location), but it's a game with sufficient adult material, so I don't see the need to be family-friendly in terms of language. They're still the boss, I respect that, but it's a decision I don't understand.

But I digress. Hiver obviously isn't in it for the lulz here.

Doesn't matter if he's in it for the lulz. I don't believe he is, but then again I also don't see how most of it is at all necessary to get his points across. What matters is it's obviously against this board's rules. Which also means you can't properly respond in kind to him without worry of a ban yourself.

Doesn't matter how you'd run your own board. I'd run a board more casually myself, but I'm not a game company and my forums would not be official. Hiver can go post on reddit or something where his "style" is tolerated.

As for ESRB, it's a Euro game so it's PEGI, and I think it's 16+.
Posted By: ScrotieMcB Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 10:25 AM
I wouldn't respond to him in kind even if I could. You do realize one can swear without being antagonistic, right? smile

But I feel we're on a derail of a derail at this point. To reiterate my on-topic point: nothing wrong with a game doing healing in town, but this isn't going to be the game to do it.
I have no problem with swearing or harsh language, Hivers behavior is pretty toxic tho, running around insulting people left and right, for no other reason than disagreeing with him, is not a socially acceptable behavior, especially when you cry "foul" when someone calls him out.

What he does is basically "You are not allowed to call me "xy", thats not an argument" and then 2 lines later "you are an idiot, i hope you get cancer". See the problem here? He just packs it in better sounding language, trying to fool people with it.
Basically he is doing everything he accuses others of and failing to see that makes it laughable or to put it in his words, makes him a simpleton. I spare you the repetition of his other more colorful descriptions. He is allowed to say those words, others not apparently. Quiet stupid, no?

Using many adjectives does not make one intelligent, it fools people into thinking that. Its a pretty common tactic.
He has some points that make sense, sure, since nothing is black and white in the world, and a forum is there to discuss it, but his failure to even acknowledge that there are other valid opinions, besides his own, thinking that he holds the absolute truth makes him the opposite of intelligent.

If you read his posts and replies carefully you can see that 90% is inflammatory language without any meaning, sometimes the replies do not even make any sense, or match the thing he replies to.
It seems that he is, on purpose, not understanding simple lines or has a problem comprehending, maybe that's why he is masking his replies in intelligent sounding, meaningless, insulting phrases.

Troll or not, lulz or not, its socially unacceptable behavior and goes against forum rules as others have pointed out.
Don't fall for it.

Posted By: Hiver Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Fellgnome

If this weren't their official forum I wouldn't mind. But it is, and it reflects badly on their moderation to allow such blatant disregard for their forum rules regardless of whether we define it as trolling or flaming or whatever.

Trolling as defined their board rules fits Hiver's behavior -

And thats because you say so?

So... you just claim something and thats true? No need to explain that and support it with anything, right? Isnt that another funny coincidence?

Its not because we had one single argument before, somewhere about something and you lost it i guess?

It wouldnt be that, really? right?

Originally Posted by Fellgnome

Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.

Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=boardrules&v=1

You might notice i never called for anyone to be banned so far, nor have i stooped so low to invent such accusations against those that dont agree with me or those i have argued with, as you do here.

But if we are going to consider flaming and trolling then lightninglockey and that incoherent kid above should be the first on the line.

Mind you, i believe accusing others of being trolls, especially when that is not the case is considered flaming.

Not to mention how pathetic and laughable calling for mob lynching makes you look. As if you need any extra amount of that.

Continue sucking up to me like that and we could become best friends.

btw, im sure you wont believe me, but thinking i am very arrogant is so ridiculously far from any reality it feels like im in some twilight zone episode, when seeing it.

Of course, it is the sign of the times when common sense and logic is called arrogance, is it not?

Then again, one might point out your term of "some degree of intelligence" as interesting and telling in the context of talk about arrogance.

Also, if its simple to do i might even make a auto regen mod for people... no wait, i wont. But someone could request it and some modder might take pity and do it.

So whoever wants to ruin the game for personal reason can do it
personally to himself.

Posted By: Hiver Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 11:07 AM
I have no problem with swearing or harsh language, Hivers behavior is pretty toxic tho, running around insulting people left and right, for no other reason than disagreeing with him, is not a socially acceptable behavior, especially when you cry "foul" when someone calls him out.

There we go again. Loses the argument - cant provide anything to support his declaratory statements and laughable lies - returns with more declaratory statements trying to establish some kind of ad hominem as his "proof" by just declaring it is so.

And more complete blatant lies.

While this is how it started:

So... who is going for personal attacks here?

hm?

Lose the argument? Because you say so? Because you just declared it. Again, doing what you are accusing others of, as pointed out earlier.

You went into a nerdrage and spewed incoherent gibberish to the point were you made a fool of yourself and started insulting in every second sentence. You dont win by wishing someone cancer, that is usually the point were you have proven to everyone around that you are a complete morron. You can see that behavior in multiplayer games, losing team of children always wishing the winning team cancer or aids or death by fire or some idiotic things.
But you call that winning? Ok, guess you won then. Congratulations your are the new Charlie Sheen.

As you posted it, this is how it started you threw around a declaratory statement and your own opinion, and then saying declaratory statements mean nothing and ones personal opinions are not the truth. This is indeed childish and using lines like "and more divested from the players like you" comes of as incredibly butthurt, which was proven even further by your nerdrage wall of texts where you had nothing better to do than use 90% of the text to insult with as many adjectives you could think of and making guesses about what i eat and trying to "win" an argument with that and hating on supermarkets. That was pretty funny. Sad, but funny.

I pity you.
Posted By: Fellgnome Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 11:39 AM
Try not to respond directly to him, just notify and move along. He likely posts like he does because he craves attention and you're giving it to him.
Posted By: Hiver Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 12:13 PM
Lose the argument? Because you say so? Because you just declared it. Again, doing what you are accusing others of, as pointed out earlier.

You are repeating yourself again. Just spewing unfounded declaratory statements without anything to support those. And then more ad hominems and other ridiculous laughable assertions.
It will probably surprise you but just using simplest reverse psychology schtick isnt actually working if you cannot support it with anything.

You lost all the arguments about the feature you demanded since you failed to provide anything real to support those desires except your personal feelings about it.
Weve been over it, the discussion is above for everyone to see. with detailed quotes and answers.

You just keep it on some personal level - and you seem physically and psychologically unable to talk about the feature that is the point of the discussion or anything relevant to it.
I guess thats because it is a false factually wrong demand in its core and there isnt anything factually true to be said about it, except how it makes a simpleton like you feel.

If you think you can just claim it somehow isnt so, then you are delusional and obviously have some serious mental issues. Which is only to be expected from a mass market drone like you and which you exhibited repeatedly in this discussion.

Its probably a consequence from all those things youve been eating in supermarkets.
Although genetics play a big role too.

What you are saying makes no sense. You are making that stuff up.
You are reiterating the same untrue stuff you have been saying over and over again. We are not in kindergarden, repeating untrue stuff does not magically make it true.

I lost the "arguments" because you say so, because you make it up to be so. How convenient charlie. Thinking this is an argument when people are exchanging view points and ideas and thinking one can win it in the first place is pathetic and childish. Shows your character and why you are really here, your post history is further prove to your character, or lack of.
Like kids arguing over who would win, Batman or Superman and getting in a fight about it, same shit.

Do you think devs will come in here and say "huch, hiver won/lost that argument, lets implement/not implement it"
One does not lose anything because you say so. You make yourself a fool because of the things you say.

I am keeping it on a personal level? That is rich coming from the guy wishing me cancer. And in the next line calling me simpleton, mental issues, mass market drone and then again making guesses about food i eat and my genetcis. Thats a pretty idiotic thing to say. And again the big bad supermarketthat haunts your dreams.

Its impossible to discuss anything with you. When someone brings something up you say "no, thats your subjective opinion" or simply declare it wrong while you say your opinion is valid. Thats not discussing, thats not bringing arguments, thats not refuting arguments, that is simply childish behavior of a kid that feels threatened that their favorite toy is being taking away from them.
That is exactly how you act. And no, not because i say so, because you do so as seen in many of your posts.

That is probably a consequence from bashing your head against the keyboard when someone says something you can not agree with.
Although genetics play a big role too.

Anyhow, since you are acting like a child and therefor making it impossible to communicate with you, i am taking the advice of Fellgnome and stopping that. You think whatever you wanna think in the little head of yours. Your behavior and incoherent logic stands for itself am not gonna enable your complex driven trolling any longer and give you the chance to come down from your little nerdrage.
No one is taking your toy, dont worry.
Have a nice day.

Posted By: Vold Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 26/07/14 04:11 PM
I don't like the idea, because in this game you are allowed to fight NPCs within the cities. Besides, there is not a real need to do so, because you can use potions, scrolls, spells, food, beds... to regain health.
Posted By: Gotcha! Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 27/07/14 12:04 PM
Tip: Click on Hiver's name, click on Profile and click on Ignore. Trolls b'gone.
Any arguments send to that guy will just bounce off his massive ego. It's pointless.

On-topic: Auto-healing is never a good idea in my opinion. It makes games far too easy. I like old school games, where you couldn't hide in a corner to avoid danger and healing over time.
Modern shooters are the worst. Get hit, hide behind a rock, regain full health. Old school shooters had you turn a level upsidedown for that one medkit that would get you through the rest of the level.

Most classic rpg's are hard and do not forgive errors. I think Larian wanted to capture this trait in this game. Still, without the need for mana, resting or any other spellcasting limitation, it's still too easy.

Anyway, this game in particular has plenty of healing spells and potions. Just use those potions as much as you need them, because you'll be finding lots of them, and ofcourse you can create more yourself.
Give one of your characters 1 point in Hydro and take a healing spell with you. Man-at-arms has a nice healing spell too. You'll be able to start every fight at full health, every time.

You're also free to sleep in any bed you come across. I suggest Mayor Cecil's bed. It's really fluffy. smile
@Gotcha!

I get where you are coming from, latest Wolfenstein had no autolife regen, that was nice smile
The problem here is not getting healed up, that is doable by plenty of ways, as you have pointed out. The problem is that it is, imho, a pointless exercise when you have unlimited resources anyway, as in unlimited healing spells or way too many potions.
It just costs you time, you don't have to weigh your options, consider resources, its just maintenance you have to do.
A powerful (out of Combat) AE Healing Spell would solve the problem aswell, maybe there is one, i dont know, i have not come across any till now.
Posted By: Gotcha! Re: DEV REQUEST: Healing while in town - 27/07/14 05:55 PM
A powerful (out of Combat) AE Healing Spell would solve the problem aswell, maybe there is one, i dont know, i have not come across any till now.

Admittedly, I do miss a mass healing spell too, if only to speed things up. Yeah, there currently isn't one. But who knows. Maybe if enough people make the suggestion, Larian will put one in.
© Larian Studios forums