Larian Studios
Posted By: Mr. C New Spell for Witches: Blood Rain. - 27/07/14 07:52 PM
If you prick me... my power grows inestimably...

Witches in a puddle of blood with the "elemental caster" style trait receive a -1 to action points for every spell they cast.

I'm recommending witches be able to cast a spell (probably at lvl 10) called "Blood Rain". Blood rain's primary purpose would be to cover everything in blood... but as a side effect is a small chance to infect enemies with "Disease".
Posted By: Shaki Re: New Spell for Witches: Blood Rain. - 27/07/14 08:10 PM
Yeah, because leech needs another synergy to be even more overpowered
Posted By: ScrotieMcB Re: New Spell for Witches: Blood Rain. - 27/07/14 08:43 PM
I'd be down with blood counting as "Witchcraft" element for purposes of Elemental Affinity. But not any other element.
Posted By: Incendax Re: New Spell for Witches: Blood Rain. - 27/07/14 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Shaki
Yeah, because leech needs another synergy to be even more overpowered
Leech should get a nerf of its own. This is actually a cool idea.
Posted By: Rhidian Re: New Spell for Witches: Blood Rain. - 27/07/14 10:03 PM
The Blood Rain spell that enemies can already use causes Slow instead of Disease.
Posted By: Mr. C Re: New Spell for Witches: Blood Rain. - 27/07/14 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by ScrotieMcB
I'd be down with blood counting as "Witchcraft" element for purposes of Elemental Affinity. But not any other element.

It already is. Seriously. Get elemental affinity and go stand in a puddle of blood. Poof, all your spells are one action point cheaper.

Yeah... aside from maybe fire (if you make yourself immune to it and cast immolation)..
Posted By: Dmnqwk Re: New Spell for Witches: Blood Rain. - 27/07/14 11:02 PM
Leech should heal for twice as much, but limited to once per turn.

This blood idea does sound excellent for Witchcraft I agree.
Posted By: ScrotieMcB Re: New Spell for Witches: Blood Rain. - 27/07/14 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. C
Originally Posted by ScrotieMcB
It already is. Seriously. Get elemental affinity and go stand in a puddle of blood. Poof, all your spells are one action point cheaper.
Oh.

Hmm.

Yay.
Posted By: dirigible Re: New Spell for Witches: Blood Rain. - 28/07/14 05:42 AM
Bloodletting is already their "cover the world in blood" spell. Seriously, watch a bleeding character run - they leave a huge red smear behind them.

And witches already gain the benefits of Elemental Affinity by standing in blood.
Posted By: Apocalypse Re: New Spell for Witches: Blood Rain. - 28/07/14 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by dirigible
Bloodletting is already their "cover the world in blood" spell. Seriously, watch a bleeding character run - they leave a huge red smear behind them.

And witches already gain the benefits of Elemental Affinity by standing in blood.

I still would like to have access to the NPC blood rain spell. Though maybe as level 13 or 16 spell, the slow component makes it quite strong.
© Larian Studios forums