Larian Studios
Posted By: vicco1 Teleporter Pyramid Bug? - 07/08/14 09:28 AM
Prior to using Rift Travel, I left one of the teleporter pyramids at the center of Cyseal. Upon return from the Homestead, the pyramid was not where I left it. Couldn't find it. Used the other pyramid to find it but just stayed at my present location.

Is the pyramid lost if rift travel is used & it's not in one's inventory? Or, is this a bug?

I'm using GoG's Mac version 1.0.81.0.
Posted By: dirigible Re: Teleporter Pyramid Bug? - 07/08/14 09:30 AM
You can't leave a pyramid in another zone. If you change zones, it will jump into your inventory.

Check your characters - one of them should have it.
Posted By: Col Whatmecallit Re: Teleporter Pyramid Bug? - 07/08/14 11:59 AM
Yes, the pyramid isn't really meant for long distance travel. Thats what the gateways are for. The pyramid is more useful for getting over impassable areas such as the molten lava floor in the trapped rooms of that deserted villa.
Posted By: vicco1 Re: Teleporter Pyramid Bug? - 08/08/14 01:18 AM
Thanks for the comments!
Posted By: rk47 Re: Teleporter Pyramid Bug? - 08/08/14 03:47 AM
You can also use if for combat.
Scoundrel can stealth and throw the pyramid right next to a soft target, then warrior activate the pyramid to start combat without wasting AP on movement.
Posted By: dirigible Re: Teleporter Pyramid Bug? - 08/08/14 03:56 AM
If one of your people gets injured, you can also have them flee combat, heal themselves at their leisure, and then pyramid teleport back into combat.
Posted By: rk47 Re: Teleporter Pyramid Bug? - 08/08/14 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by dirigible
If one of your people gets injured, you can also have them flee combat, heal themselves at their leisure, and then pyramid teleport back into combat.

lol, yeah the way they allow partial party retreat is hilarious because the combat remain in turn based while the one outside combat can move freely.
Posted By: Raze Re: Teleporter Pyramid Bug? - 08/08/14 08:41 AM

Having one party member save everyone else by retreating, as was the case in the alpha builds, is also open to abuse.
I don't know how feasible it would be to keep track of characters that flee combat, and then not let them telport back, or apply some kind of penalty for a couple turns if they rejoin the same fight (there shouldn't be a penalty if one person teleports to a co-op partner in combat, though).
Even with that, you could still have one character send potions and scrolls, etc, to another in combat.

Ultimately, the game was designed to allow that kind of use of the pyramids and magic pockets. In order to prevent this, you would probably have to set some kind of time limit on turns.
Posted By: Hassat Hunter Re: Teleporter Pyramid Bug? - 12/08/14 02:13 AM
Don't allow itemswapping between characters in combat with characters not in combat?
Of course, you can still go back and then trade, but it's far less convinient and more timeconsuming and all.

Not to mention I haven't found potions or scrolls ever useful so far :p
© Larian Studios forums