Larian Studios
Yay, I can hear it coming! I can feel it!!
You better watch out,
You better not cry,
Better not pout,
I'm telling you why:
Santa DOS is coming to town!!!!

claphands
Woooooos!
Can't wait!! smile
Haha, why am I so excited while I should be studying?
Over seven months of agonizing waiting is soon over. Within hours from now I can start taking every wrong turn in the D:OS alpha and contribute to Larian making a world-class game!

Santa DOS is coming to town!!!

BAAH!
EricB: Heh, I should be working! I know the feeling.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr
Just remember when it becomes available you still have to download it frown They need a way to magically make it insta appear on the computer smile
Bääääähhhhhhhh......What a beautiful Christmas we will have laugh
The "alpha access" says that it nows accept my input (only Steam as the key choice), but I'll just wait for the official announcement, don't want to mess up things :P
An will they make it today or not, that's the question! What if syncing with steam goes horribly wrong and all Larians are gone home allready......

:p
Hmm, any ideas on how big the installation will be? I might want to free up some space on the laptop. hehe
Perhaps 7-10 GB?

Hmm, let's hope Steam don't make this appear at 1900 hours CET like they usually do. I want to start downloading sooner. smile
2.5GB
Well I can't play before 20:00 CET so thats okay wink
Originally Posted by Indira Weresheep
Perhaps 7-10 GB?

Hmm, let's hope Steam don't make this appear at 1900 hours CET like they usually do. I want to start downloading sooner. smile

Steam doesn't make it appear.

We do.
So David, will you make it today?
Will they E-mail us a link for the download?
Heh, I was thinking of a complete game, so 2.5GB it is. Good to know! smile
David: But Steam always make big releases non-patches) at that time? At least it works that way on my end, and I'm an avid steam user. smile
Originally Posted by Allenstergess
Will they E-mail us a link for the download?

You will get an email/KS update about how to get a Steam key via https://www.larianvault.com
Originally Posted by ForkTong
2.5GB

Thanks ForkTong: also, sorry but after a while I had to leave the "ready for alpha?" livestream. Is this the updated build which Swen showed us at the beginning (before eventually switching to the older one), now with some fixes?

The one published today will be the only alpha build we'll be able to play 'til beta, or you'll push out other updates to the alpha?

Thanks!
So will we have to wait till noon or we gonna get in a few seconds?

P.S Drank a lot of coffee will be able to put a lot of hours int D:OS laugh
David/Larian: Another question - personally, I will give the alpha some tough love, doing weird stuff, taking wrong turns, sneaking past choke points, see if triggers get skipped, that sort of thing. But say that a player really plays the game and enjoy their solo character, will that save game work at all when it turns into beta or even 1.0? Or is the Alpha save games a constant wipe kind of thing?
Ahh nice thanks!
Character saves will be whiped when the game really ships. between alpha and beta? I suppose that they would work during the whole alpha and beta stage.
Originally Posted by Indira Weresheep
David/Larian: Another question - personally, I will give the alpha some tough love, doing weird stuff, taking wrong turns, sneaking past choke points, see if triggers get skipped, that sort of thing. But say that a player really plays the game and enjoy their solo character, will that save game work at all when it turns into beta or even 1.0? Or is the Alpha save games a constant wipe kind of thing?

No guarantees whatsoever are made regarding save game compatibility. So, assume incompatibilities between verions. hehe
In the words of Al Bundy, "Let's rock."
So glad I got all my errands done this morning, forgot all about the alpha! So excited!!
D (as in Divinity): "I don't mind the waiting."
OS (as in Original Sin): "I can't stand this!! Burn, you m************, burn!!"

^That's me right now.
I guess generation 20k serials also takes time?
Posted By: Tarami Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 04:19 PM
Could buyers of the duo pack possibly get two alpha keys? I've been looking forward to playing the alpha with my partner but since we pledged together we only have one alpha access available at the Vault.

We have no reason to complain in either case since we weren't supposed to get the alpha to begin with, but you can't help feeling a little disappointed. smile
Posted By: Chaotica Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 04:23 PM
does anyone play the alpha right now? I can't wait !!!
Posted By: Luca78 Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 04:28 PM
whoops:

https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian

Swen Vincke ‏@LarAtLarian 4m
Had to pull the plug at the very last minute - some installer issue. Once that's solved, we'll put the D:OS alpha live. #today
Posted By: shadowstepper Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 04:30 PM
you get a second key when the co-op is online
Posted By: ForkTong Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 04:31 PM
Savegames will not be compatible throughout alpha versions. We'll only support savegame compatibility in beta or release. So even if you save now, if alpha gets updated, your savegame will probably not work anymore.
Posted By: meme Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 04:34 PM
I think during twitch q/a they said initially multiplayer would not be enabled and they would not give out both keys. The implied (my interpretation) is later on in the beta they will provide the second key when multiplayer is enabled.

Originally Posted by Tarami
Could buyers of the duo pack possibly get two alpha keys? I've been looking forward to playing the alpha with my partner but since we pledged together we only have one alpha access available at the Vault.

We have no reason to complain in either case since we weren't supposed to get the alpha to begin with, but you can't help feeling a little disappointed. smile
Posted By: Indira Weresheep Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 04:35 PM
David: Then that's settled. Now, let's just hope that installer issue won't put a to big a spanner in the works for you. smile
Posted By: Tarami Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by shadowstepper
you get a second key when the co-op is online

Originally Posted by meme
I think during twitch q/a they said initially multiplayer would not be enabled and they would not give out both keys. The implied (my interpretation) is later on in the beta they will provide the second key when multiplayer is enabled.

I see! Thanks for the clarifications smile

/back to waiting patiently
Posted By: Ghambit Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 04:53 PM
Wish we had a definitive time for this so I didnt sit here refreshing my browser every two seconds. Is the release-time generally noon PST?
Posted By: Indira Weresheep Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 04:57 PM
If Larian gets the installer to work, then it could be a question of just an hour from now, but that's just me guessing wildly based on patterns on Steam (and hoping, really). smile
Posted By: Regnox Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 05:14 PM
ihhhhhh *screams like a little girl* CAN'T WAIT! laugh
Posted By: Allenstergess Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 05:20 PM
Swen Vincke "We found a workaround - build server is now building new installer, then it needs to upload, then ... update, you have an update ;)" Via Twitter
Posted By: StromIV Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 05:33 PM
I can't wait for the co-op. Then I can scream like a little boy... After finals tomorrow night. I think I'm going to cry. I hate studying. Does anyone live in New Jersey that I can pay to pass my final while I play games? You only need to know things like resistance, Thevenin Theory, voltage, current, circuits, oscilloscopes, etc.... Fun and easy stuff!!
Posted By: Tekray Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 05:56 PM
Live in NJ...check
Electronics Tech...check
Available...Playing Original Sin...sorry wink
Posted By: X-tasy Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 06:13 PM
Not sure if everybody has seen this: already known problems and issues of D:OS
http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/issues.html
Posted By: 4verse Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 06:23 PM
Has anybody an alpha steam key already in the vault?
Posted By: Chaotica Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 06:24 PM
nop frown
Posted By: Indira Weresheep Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 06:29 PM
I tried like an hour ago, and then it wasn't available.
nad... here... we... GO !!!
IT'S HERE! YAY!

I am already downloading it. It's 4155 MB large. :3
Posted By: Loxorz Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:01 PM
So, anyone know how giving feedback will work? Will there be threads in this forum section, do we post our own, or what?

Also, HYPE, HYPE, HYPE! "Something's incoming I think" - Swen's twitter

EDIT: ^Above post - Apparently it's out already, looks like I was a little late with this lol...

EDIT EDIT: And downloading - yey!
Posted By: Kein Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:03 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: StromIV Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:03 PM
Don't know why it said something over 4 Gigs when the download is less than that.
Posted By: leridder Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:11 PM
[Linked Image]

nearly done now smile
Posted By: X-tasy Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:13 PM
What is wrong with your internet? I have to wait at least 2.5 hours. laugh
Posted By: Timeraider Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:15 PM
Going with almost 10 mb/sec now.. muhahahahaha!
Posted By: Windemere Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by StromIV
Don't know why it said something over 4 Gigs when the download is less than that.

That might be the install size after it's decompressed.
Posted By: Loxorz Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:17 PM

Mine was at 3.7GB total but just went up to 4.0GB total - I guess Steam has trouble estimating the size of the package or something... maybe...

EDIT: Apparently a bunch of people have better internet than me (at ~1MB/s here), although at least I'm better off than poor Kein there with around half that...
Posted By: Chaotica Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:18 PM
ohoh, I downloaded quite fast until 15% and now my bitrate considerably decreased hahahaha
Posted By: StromIV Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Windemere

That might be the install size after it's decompressed.

You are probably right. I really should stop studying and get some sleep. I want to smack myself now.
Posted By: rainy nights Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:21 PM
This is sad. I pledged with a friend and now I have no alpha key. Very very disappointed.
Thumbs down.
Posted By: Loxorz Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by rainy nights
This is sad. I pledged with a friend and now I have no alpha key. Very very disappointed.
Thumbs down.

Bad luck - you'll get access to the Beta when they release co-op, but maybe you can persuade your friend to let you play?

EDIT: Anyone finished the download yet?
Posted By: X-tasy Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:26 PM
One key per Backer. That was Swen Vicke said.
You could have read this in the forum or here it multiple times in the livestream in the kickstarter comments etc.

I think all should be grateful that Larian is doing this and not be pissed that they dont get a whole arm when Larian offered just a finger.
Posted By: rainy nights Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:29 PM
It is my choice letting him play. Still it seems to me so unfair.

Originally Posted by X-tasy
You could have read this in the forum or here it multiple times in the livestream in the kickstarter comments etc.

I think all should be grateful that Larian is doing this and not be pissed that they dont get a whole arm when Larian offered just a finger.

So, this is not ALPHA FOR EVERYONE. We pledged together but we are two separate backers.

Well, enjoy your alpha.
Posted By: Chrescerya Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 17/12/13 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Loxorz
Thumbs down.

Bad luck - you'll get access to the Beta when they release co-op, but maybe you can persuade your friend to let you play?

EDIT: Anyone finished the download yet?

2-3 min left here smile
Originally Posted by Luca78
Is this the updated build which Swen showed us at the beginning (before eventually switching to the older one), now with some fixes?

While they were playing the older build, programmers fixed some issues with the new build, and towards the end of the twitch session they switched to that. There were still a couple issues remaining, so the alpha is an update of the update of the updated build at the start of the twitch session.
game launching so time to crush some skulls laugh

let's see how long it takes for first crash...
It's unfair, i pledged a two pack and now my friend don't have a key to download the alpha frown
Download complete - Launching now!

EDIT: Divinity Original Sin has stopped working - can't say I was surprised at that one lol - might have been because I tried to play in windowed mode rather than fullscreen (seems to be working now).
I'm talking to a giant seaclam and having a blast. laugh
it seems there are crash problems :s
I have played for like half an hour and I have already turned myself into a foe of crustaceans and a brute killer of drunkards. This doesn't bode well for anything breathing in Cyseal. laugh
playing windowed mode, found nice way to open locked doors => FIREBALL them

no crashes so far
The owners didn't complain? think

Noticed that property isn't flagged anymore after loading a game so that could explain that.
I would never normally play an alpha version, and I don't have or particularly want a Steam client. Even so, I have to admit that I'm sorely tempted after everything I've seen of the game so far.

On the other hand... if someone asks nicely enough, I might be persuaded to hand my alpha key over to them. If anyone's interested, PM me - first come, first served (though it's nearly 1am here so it may not happen until tomorrow morning). If no one's interested, I'll just keep the key for myself and decide whether to use it later.
Posted By: henryv Re: Duo alpha for duo packs? - 18/12/13 01:18 AM
It is my choice letting him play. Still it seems to me so unfair.

Originally Posted by X-tasy

So, this is not ALPHA FOR EVERYONE. We pledged together but we are two separate backers.

Well, enjoy your alpha.

quoting swen on KS:
Originally Posted by larq

Backers that have a duo pack only receive one Alpha key. We might change that once the cooperative mode is active in the Alpha build, but that is still to be decided.

Hopefully, it gets remedied soon. If you shared the expenses in buying the duo pack, it really is unfair on your part.
© Larian Studios forums