Larian Studios
Posted By: Kirin game favours mages? - 29/01/14 04:41 PM
I understand that this is alpha and most of things will change but still:

Since monsters do not re-appear, we have N total monsters in the game with no possibility to "farm" items or ingredients (crafting).

This means that you can be lvl 10 warrior wearing lvl 1 armor or running with a kitchen knife simply because you had bad luck on drop.

While on the other hand, casters are not gear dependant and you can just lvl up your spells and be just fine.

Would be nice to see an option to meld old or low lvl gear into materials which you can then re-use to craft higher level items or an option to farm those.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: game favours mages? - 29/01/14 04:43 PM
You can break down your swords/axes at the furnace and use the iron/steel you get to create new weapons. Also swords/axes can be used on the whetstone to increase some damage.
Posted By: DrugstoreMT Re: game favours mages? - 30/01/14 03:22 AM
How on earth do you use the anvil and such? Also how do you repair your equipment?
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: game favours mages? - 30/01/14 03:30 AM
You use steel and iron bars to make weapons on the anvils. You just drag the bar from inventory to the anvil. This may require having points in crafting in order to make weapons. Repair is currently not implemented as far as I can tell.
Posted By: arkand Re: game favours mages? - 30/01/14 04:01 AM
I'd rather see an option to turn respawn on/off like they did in some of the older might and magic games.
© Larian Studios forums