Larian Studios
Posted By: unuroboros Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 07:40 AM
Many thanks to Rhidian for the tutorial that helped me create this. smile

This is a mod that includes a custom ItemCombos.txt and ItemComboPreviews.lsx. These are the files that define all of the game's crafting recipes. The intent of this mod is to provide a somewhat crude solution to recipes that are currently broken, or seem to be missing.

REALLY SUPER IMPORTANT: For this mod to work in an existing savegame, you will need to use an LSB renaming trick that Rhidian explains in this thread. Really boiled down version: Activate this mod, make a new game and save it, take that game's LSB and put it into your existing save game's folder, renaming it to replace the LSB that's there.

This mod is very much a work in progress. Now up to v03, I've covered: Joshua Spice, crafted shields, fixed magic big chicken / sharp claw, making all kinds of scraps, and several arrowheads: smokescreen, fire, water, and freezing.

It requires manual extraction so you'll need a little know-how to get it into your game. I'll give it plenty more polish if it does prove useful to the community.

Here's the link, to v03:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ckcnjxwm4jhygd/Fixed%20and%20Missing%20Recipes%20v03.7z
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 07:42 AM
I'm not married to the recipe for smokescreen by the way. That's mostly just a way to really see that the mod is working. Since earth seems more associated with poison, it doesn't actually seem like the logical component. Any thoughts on what it should be?
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 07:46 AM
Issues
Cannot craft Homemade Shields because Barrel Lid does not drop nor for sale
CONT_Barrel_A_Lid_A + LOOT_Rope_A = WPN_CraftedShield_01
CONT_Barrel_A_Lid_A + LOOT_Rope_A = WPN_CraftedShield_02
CONT_Barrel_A_Lid_A + LOOT_Rope_A = WPN_CraftedShield_03

Replace
LOOT_Foot_Chicken_A_Big + TOOL_Pouch_Dust_Pixie_A = LOOT_Foot_Chicken_A_Magic
with
LOOT_Foot_Chicken_A_Big + TOOL_Pouch_Dust_Pixie_A = LOOT_Foot_Chicken_A_Magic_Big

Replace
LOOT_Claw_A_Sharp + TOOL_Pouch_Dust_Pixie_A = LOOT_Claw_A_Magic
with
LOOT_Claw_A_Sharp + TOOL_Pouch_Dust_Pixie_A = LOOT_Claw_A_Sharp_Magic

Replace Transform Code
Transform1 > CON_Food_Dinner_A + CON_Food_Tomato_Sauce_A = CON_Food_Stew_Elven_A
with
Destroy2Transform1 > CON_Food_Dinner_A + CON_Food_Tomato_Sauce_A = CON_Food_Stew_Elven_A

Nice to have
- Recipe for Cloth, Metal, and Plate Scraps. There would balance issues as this allow too much recycling, but live off the land challenge! No merchants!
- Recipe for other arrowheads
- Recipes for Strong Sinew same as Sinew
- Recipes for Adult Antler same as Antler
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by unuroboros
I'm not married to the recipe for smokescreen by the way. That's mostly just a way to really see that the mod is working. Since earth seems more associated with poison, it doesn't actually seem like the logical component. Any thoughts on what it should be?

Maybe a Fire Arrowhead + Cloth Scraps? It doesn't fit the theme of arrowhead recipes, but...
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 07:52 AM
Thanks for the quick replies. smile I will start work on all of those now. I do need someone to test this thing and tell me that it really does work, too. wink

Maybe barrel lids could be crafted from barrel + axe?
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 07:53 AM
Thanks for the quick replies. smile I will start work on all of those now. I do need someone to test this thing and tell me that it really does work, too. wink

Maybe barrel lids could be crafted from barrel + axe?

Someone posted that they were removed in Alpha/Beta because they had balance issues as they made traps too easy. Perhaps Barrel/Crate instead of Barrel Lid?

Edit: Then again, I do not know how many types of barrel there are. Tricky.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 08:20 AM
Barrel lids did? Now I'm wondering how...

If there's a category for barrel I could use that. For right now I'll use the plain barrel_a, plus rope. Can always change our minds later.

I'll change smokescreen to use cloth scraps too, yep.

For this one:

Transform1 > CON_Food_Dinner_A + CON_Food_Tomato_Sauce_A = CON_Food_Stew_Elven_A

It looks like the dwarven actually have the same bug. They use Transform1 so they leave the mug of beer behind. I'm correcting those two recipes as well.

I'm going to attempt to produce cloth and leather scraps by combining armor with a knife. Scale scraps with a hammer. This is experimental land so I'm not even sure the recipes will work. Will post back with results.
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 08:34 AM
Thoughts on non-existent arrowheads recipes

Fire Arrowhead = Arrowhead + Cloth Scraps (auto-lit on fire?)

Smokescreen Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead + Cloth Scraps (for more smoke?)

Water Arrowhead = Water Arrowheads do not exist in game

Freezing Arrowhead = Water Arrowhead + Essence of Air (too expensive?)

Posted By: Apok.pt Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 08:38 AM
Missing arrow recipees should be:

- Smokescreen Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead (fire) + Slow Arrowhead (oil)

And should require crafting 3-4+ this is a real powerful arrow since it "blinds" targets without any need for rolling, use this in front of your close combat characters and just wait for the enemies to enter the Cloud.

- Water Arrowhead = Bottle of Water (must be a bottle) + Basic Arrowhead

Crafting 1 as this arrow is mostly useless

- Fire Arrowhead = Basic Arrowhead + Any fire Source

This recipes in RL should be very easy craft, but since fire is such a powerful ingredient in other recipes in-game I think crafting for this arrow should be +4-5 also to force players to have to find on the game until they can actually craft them (like skill book crafting and scroll crafting)
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 08:46 AM
Apok.pt: you make some good points and it explains why it may have been left out of the game. However, the recipes that rely upon Fire Arrowhead such as Steam & Explosive have a lower crafting level (CR2 & CR3 respectively). Perhaps... perhaps we should consider forcing players to us alternative sources of fire (telekinesis + candles?) when low on fire arrows?

With regards to the smokescreen I wasn't thinking of the balance changes, but sticking with existing crafting requirements, i.e., CR1 to make a smoke arrow. I admit that the arrow is very good, but the trend of recipes for arrows is that arrowhead crafting level = arrow crafting level.

Your thoughts?
Posted By: Angry Dave Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:04 AM
I like the idea of below

[CR1] Water Arrowhead = Water Arrowheads do not exist in game - Bottle of Water + Arrowhead
[CR2] Fire Arrowhead = Arrowhead + Cloth Scraps or maybe campfire/forge?
[CR3] Smokescreen Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead + Oil Barrel (Wont be able to use cup of water or will conflict with explosive)
[CR2] Freezing Arrowhead = Water Arrowhead + Essence of Air (too expensive?) Freezing is quite powerful so I don't think this is to expensive.

CR level to keep in line with other recipes while trying to maintain some balance.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:09 AM
I have also found smokescreen arrows to be pretty powerful, especially in choke points. Made my Pontius fight pretty easy. wink The other AoE type heads do require 2-3, but I think this one should be 4. Since 4 is kinda a whiff level right now anyway, with most good stuff being either at 3 or 5, seems like.

I like that idea for its recipe too. I'll change it again... wink

I've got scraps deconstruction recipes generally working.

You guys have an opinion on a recipe for empty potion flasks? Such as empty bottle + oven, CR2?
Posted By: eRe4s3r Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:13 AM
Essence of Air is a very rare drop though... for the 10 or so arrows you can make with that recipe in the whole game it doesn't seem like a good idea wink

How about making it craft with a arrow head + skill-book ice shard in a 1:5 ratio?

If we talk about cloth-scraps, there needs to be a way to reduce robes (of any kind) to cloth scraps (Guess in a 1:3 or 1:5 ratio), because cloth scraps are otherwise probably even rarer than air essences ;p They are, after all, rarely if ever sold in stores.

Ps.: Empty potion bottles should imo not be craftable wink There are a LOT of them around in certain places, and to players who care these places are a big reward factor.
Posted By: Angry Dave Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:15 AM

You guys have an opinion on a recipe for empty potion flasks? Such as empty bottle + oven, CR2?

I'm pretty sure I have seen broken glass in the game maybes its possible to forge broken glass in Forge/oven to make empty option flasks [CR2] Seems fair.

If so maybe a 2nd recipe for
[CR0] Hammer + Empty Bottle = Broken glass, could make use of a useless item

Edit:
Originally Posted by eRe4s3r

Ps.: Empty potion bottles should imo not be craftable wink There are a LOT of them around in certain places, and to players who care these places are a big reward factor.

This is also true, don't think I have ever really had an issue with potion flasks.
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:18 AM
I literally meant that there was no such thing as a water arrowhead object. No icon, no stats, no nothing. A lot more work than just a recipe would need to be done. Of course this means that my original suggestion for the freezing arrowhead recipe is not possible, so perhaps essence of air with a regular arrowhead?

Fire arrowheads plus barrels of oil or cup of oil equals an explosive arrowhead right now. You be changing those recipes so they don't conflict with Dave's suggestion smoke arrowhead? Fire arrowhead plus water equals steam right now.

Perhaps we can just use regular empty bottles as potion flasks? No need to put them in the oven.. I agree with the fact that there are enough potion flasks already.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:20 AM
Hrm. Scraps are starting to confuse me. In the Engine I see scraps for cloth, leather, metal, scale, and plate. I can't tell what the correct corresponding armor categories are though. (Actually I'm looking for some kind of list of all the categories, haven't found it yet.) Are there actually three different armor categories to match? And why do metal scraps improve cloth armor? Bah! :p
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:22 AM
In the Armor, Shield, Weapon, and Object XLSM files there is a column called ComboCategory. That indicates what is combined the ItemCombos.xlsm category columns.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by PatrickSJ
Fire arrowheads plus barrels of oil or cup of oil equals an explosive arrowhead right now. You be changing those recipes so they don't conflict with Dave's suggestion smoke arrowhead? Fire arrowhead plus water equals steam right now.

I like the fire arrowhead + slow arrowhead idea. Though I really appreciate there's lots of different feedback in the thread already. I really don't want this mod to be "mine" as much as it is the community's. smile

Perhaps we can just use regular empty bottles as potion flasks? No need to put them in the oven.

On second thought I agree with the thoughts above. There are enough empty flasks, it requires exploration and planning. It bothers me a little that flasks are part of the arrowhead workflow... but I can see that filling that gap is probably too much of a good thing.

Going to wrap up with v02 in a bit here and call it a night!
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:27 AM
In the Armor, Shield, Weapon, and Object XLSM files there is a column called ComboCategory. That indicates what is combined the ItemCombos.xlsm category columns.

Oh, perfect! Handy reference I wasn't even thinking of. smile Been doing all this work in Notepad++ because I'm just nerdy like that. ;3
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:27 AM
So, does that mean that the need to consume two arrowheads to produce one arrow will be a balancing factor in exchange for a lower crafting level on the smokescreen arrows?

Edit: with regards to using barrels having given it some thought I think it is a bad idea. What happens if you try to combine a barrel with content inside of it? Perhaps an existing crafting ingredient or common object should be considered.
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:28 AM

Oh, perfect! Handy reference I wasn't even thinking of. smile Been doing all this work in Notepad++ because I'm just nerdy like that. ;3

You sir are a magnificent madman(person)
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:33 AM
So, does that mean that the need to consume two arrowheads to produce one arrow will be a balancing factor in exchange for a lower crafting level on the smokescreen arrows?

I need to sleep on it. I'm going to leave smokescreen at cloth scraps + fire head for now, just so that it can be tested and confirmed working. I'll check for more comments on the thread tomorrow and adjust from there. smile

I think I've got cloth scraps working from cloth armor, robes, and also the "garment" category, which would make those scraps much, much more plentiful than they are now.

Posting v02 in a min.
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:35 AM
Aye aye. I'll be going at sleep now as well. Need to think on the shield bit.
Posted By: Angry Dave Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:43 AM
Sleep well you two, when you get a final recipe let me know and ill update the crafting thread and stick a note to advise your mod is required.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 09:43 AM
Raw changelog for both v01 and v02, for proofreading.

CHANGED

Code
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Axe with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModAxe,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Spear with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModSpear,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Club with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModClub,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category TwoHandedSword with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModSword,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category TwoHandedAxe with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModAxe,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Dagger with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModKnife,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Bow with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModBow,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Crossbow with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModXBow,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Knife with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModKnife,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Sword with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModSword,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0

use object CONT_Barrel_A on object LOOT_Rope_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_CraftedShield_01,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 1
use object CONT_Barrel_A on object LOOT_Rope_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_CraftedShield_02,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 1
use object CONT_Barrel_A on object LOOT_Rope_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_CraftedShield_03,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 3 autolevel 1

use object LOOT_Foot_Chicken_A_Big on object TOOL_Pouch_Dust_Pixie_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters LOOT_Foot_Chicken_A_Magic_Big,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 1

use object LOOT_Claw_A_Sharp on object TOOL_Pouch_Dust_Pixie_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters LOOT_Claw_A_Sharp_Magic,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 1

use object CON_Food_Dinner_A on object CON_Food_Tomato_Sauce_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters CON_Food_Stew_Elven_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use object CON_Food_Dinner_A on object CON_Drink_Mug_A_Beer with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters CON_Food_Stew_Dwarven_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use object CON_Food_Dinner_A on object CON_Drink_Mug_Beer_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters CON_Food_Stew_Dwarven_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0

ADDED

Code
use object LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A on object WPN_ArrowHead_Fire_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_Smokescreen_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 3 autolevel 0
use category ClothArmor on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category ClothArmor on category Dagger with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category RobeArmor on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category RobeArmor on category Dagger with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category Garment on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category Garment on category Dagger with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category ArmorLeather on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Leather_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category ArmorLeather on category Dagger with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Leather_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0

Posted By: Apok.pt Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Angry Dave
I like the idea of below

[CR1] Water Arrowhead = Water Arrowheads do not exist in game - Bottle of Water + Arrowhead
[CR2] Fire Arrowhead = Arrowhead + Cloth Scraps or maybe campfire/forge?
[CR3] Smokescreen Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead + Oil Barrel (Wont be able to use cup of water or will conflict with explosive)
[CR2] Freezing Arrowhead = Water Arrowhead + Essence of Air (too expensive?) Freezing is quite powerful so I don't think this is to expensive.

CR level to keep in line with other recipes while trying to maintain some balance.

I like this ideas, Cloth Scraps are pretty rare to find.
And because of that, smokescreen arrow should be:

[CR2] Fire Arrowhead = Arrowhead + Cloth Scraps
[CR3] Smokescreen Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead + Sheet of Paper

Originally Posted by Angry Dave
[CR0] Hammer + Empty Bottle = Broken glass, could make use of a useless item

I like this combo, and even thought FLASKS are abundant in-game the recipee should exist enyway.

[CR1] Hammer + Empty Bottle = Broken Glass:
[CR3] Broken Glass + Oven = Emtpy Flask

Arrowheads also should be craftable, I think a good and logical recipe for arrowheads would be something like:

[CR2] Metal Scraps + Repair Hammer = Arrowheads x 3
Posted By: Apok.pt Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 11:51 AM
btw, I was thinking if Smokescreen Arrow head should be something like:

[CR3] Fire Arrowhead = Arrowhead + Cloth Scraps
[CR3] Smokescreen Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead + Emtpy Bottle

Scientific logic:

Drop a burning match inside a emtpy bottle and close it and see the result when the oxygen runs out.

*edit: typo
Posted By: Apok.pt Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 12:00 PM
Sorry for the triple post, I also like the idea from Angry Dave for the frozen arrow:

[CR1] Water Arrowhead = Arrowhead + Water Bottle
[CR3] Frozen Arrowhead = Water Arrowhead + Blank Air Spell

Even though its expensive, its balanced with the arrows power/usage.

*edit: typo
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Apok.pt
Sorry for the triple post, I also like the idea from Angry Dave for the frozen arrow:

[CR1] Water Arrowhead = Arrowhead + Water Bottle
[CR3] Frozen Arrowhead = Water Arrowhead + Blank Air Spell

At work (shh, don't tell my boss wink ) so I can't double check in Engine, but I believe the Water Arrowheads don't even exist in the game, there's no art or asset for them. The arrow itself does, so we could make recipes that skip the head step... if the arrow is even that useful. To be honest I picked one up and have never had an occasion to use it. If it works similar to the rain spell I could see how that would be actually really useful, but my read is that it just extinguishes a single light source like a candle?
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 07:35 PM
Water Arrowheads do not exist.
Posted By: Midnight Voyager Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/07/14 10:43 PM

- Recipes for Strong Sinew same as Sinew
- Recipes for Adult Antler same as Antler

I'll definitely be excited for this. It's hard upgrading your bows when normal sinews don't even drop anymore!
Posted By: ScrotieMcB Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 11/07/14 01:45 AM
The way I'd do it...

CR 0
Arrowhead + Oil Barrel = Slowdown Arrowhead
Empty Bottle + Water Barrel = Bottle of Water
[special arrowhead] + Arrow Shaft = [special arrow]

CR 1
Tooth + Knife = Arrowhead (not Stunning Arrowhead)
Arrowhead + Furnace = Fire Arrowhead
Arrowhead + Ooze Barrel = Poison Arrowhead
Arrowhead + Ballista (Stasis Blaster) = Stunning Arrowhead

CR 2
Knife + Antler = Knockdown Arrowhead
Arrowhead + Bottle of Water = Water Arrowhead
Fire Arrowhead + Slowdown Arrowhead = Exploding Arrowhead
Debuff Strength Potion + Arrowhead = Weakening Arrowhead
Debuff Dexterity Potion + Arrowhead = Hindering Arrowhead
Debuff Intelligence Potion + Arrowhead = Ignorant Arrowhead
Debuff Perception Potion + Arrowhead = [name] Arrowhead

CR 3
Silver Bar + Anvil = 4 Silver Arrowheads
Water Arrowhead + Slowdown Arrowhead = Freezing Arrowhead
Fire Arrowhead + Water Arrowhead = Smokecloud Arrowhead
Water Arrowhead + Poison Arrowhead = Poison Cloud Arrowhead
Strength Potion (any strength) + Fly Agaric Mushroom = Debuff Strength Potion
Dexterity Potion (any strength) + Fly Agaric Mushroom = Debuff Dexterity Potion
Intelligence Potion (any strength) + Fly Agaric Mushroom = Debuff Intelligence Potion
Perception Potion (any strength) + Fly Agaric Mushroom = Debuff Perception Potion

CR 4
Water Arrowhead + Stunning Arrowhead = Static Cloud Arrowhead
Fire Arrowhead + Poison Arrowhead = Smokescreen Arrowhead

CR 5
Debuff All Potion + Arrowhead = Cursing Arrowhead
Drudanae + Arrowhead = Charming Arrowhead
Magic Tooth + Knife = Vampiric Arrowhead (deals damage and heals)

Apparently this would require the creation of 3 new items (Water Arrowhead, Vampiric Arrowhead, Vampiric Arrow)... is this possible with the modding tools?
Posted By: Midnight Voyager Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 11/07/14 03:51 AM
You know, if you wanted to simplify the recipes for the antler/sinew things and preserve their "tiering", you could make it do something like:

Strong Sinew + Knife = 2 Sinew
Adult Antler + Axe = 2 Antler

That way, you only add new recipes instead of altering existing ones.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 11/07/14 06:11 AM
Originally Posted by Midnight Voyager
You know, if you wanted to simplify the recipes for the antler/sinew things and preserve their "tiering", you could make it do something like:

Strong Sinew + Knife = 2 Sinew
Adult Antler + Axe = 2 Antler

That way, you only add new recipes instead of altering existing ones.

I think that's sensible. I don't want to do anything too ambitious with this mod for now while Larian is still fully engaged in fixes, since any patch now they could totally change around crafting. smile

I will stick those recipes into v03 just to keep things simple for now.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 11/07/14 08:13 AM
Okay, I've posted v03. Pretty late so I'm just going to dump the changes raw again, for now.

I'll be slowing down for the weekend I think, just to play and to see what kind of patches Larian sends up. smile

Code
use category ArmorScale on object TOOL_Hammer with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Scale_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category ArmorScale on object TOOL_Hammer with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Metal_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category ArmorScale on object TOOL_Hammer with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Plate_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Sinew_A_Strong on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Sinew_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Sinew_A_Strong on category Dagger with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Sinew_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Antler_A_Adult on category Axe with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Antler_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A on object WPN_ArrowHead_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_Fire_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object CON_Drink_Bottle_Water_A on object WPN_ArrowShaft_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_Arrow_Water_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Scraps_Scale_A on object TOOL_Hammer_Repair_A with transform code Transform1 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,3 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Scraps_Metal_A on object TOOL_Hammer_Repair_A with transform code Transform1 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,3 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 0
use category Knife on object LOOT_Tooth_A_Magic with transform code Transform2 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_Freezing_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 3 autolevel 0

I went out on a limb for the freezing heads. Nothing's permanent, though. I half expect to see other folks working on craft mods any day now, taking things in totally different directions like an overhaul, or hard mode, or cheat mode, etc. wink
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 11/07/14 08:51 AM
Did you intend to set it so that Hammer + ArmorScale will randomly provide Scale, Metal, or Plate scraps?
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 11/07/14 07:19 PM
Yep. Wanted to mention that actually. Right now I'm pretty confused about how all these different scraps correlate to the "armor classes". The drop-down box of categories in ItemCombos.xlsm is actually not comprehensive, but through trial and error I think I've deduced that there's actually just three armor classes; cloth, leather, and "scale" - which includes what the game calls scale, metal, and plate. Yet there are five kinds of scraps.

I think the intent was for the higher level scraps to be used for boost recipes with higher blacksmithing skill, like for example where you're attaching metal to cloth at BR 5. But there are holes in the implementation so I can't be sure.

I also figured we could just make up other uses for the scraps, like arrowheads.

But I'm not stuck on the randomization idea. Gotta sleep on that one too. wink

Also, I realized after I posted v03 that TOOL_Hammer_Repair_A doesn't actually work, for some reason. I have to double check I didn't make a typo, or maybe that tool is special and can't be used in crafting recipes at all. Can't use the regular hammer since that's already got a recipe for metal scraps.
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 11/07/14 07:48 PM
Use Armors.xlsm to check the chest armor types and their ComboCategory. Makes muuuuuuuuch more sense.

I checked the recipes and there is 1 recipe that calls for Plate Scraps and no recipes that call for Scale Scrap (why?). So, we only need 1 recipe for the Metal Scraps.

---

You use TOOL_RepairHammer instead of TOOL_Hammer_Repair_A.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 11/07/14 10:39 PM
Armors.xlsm, thanks for the tip. I've been meaning to check out all of those files anyway and get a sense for what their macros do.

I was also confused why no recipes call for scale scraps. Plus I was also originally confused when I saw some armor called "ring" - but apparently that's just leather, not yet another kind of metal armor. :p
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 11/07/14 10:58 PM
Basically you also want:
Armors.xlsm
Weapon.xlsm
Shields.xlsm
Objects.xlsm
DeltaModifiers.xlsm

The first 4 define the items, their types, categories, etc.
DeltaModifiers sits between maps a Boost from ItemCombos to an entry in the first 3 files.
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 12/07/14 12:46 AM
I can get this mod to work following the instructions in the first post but when I try to use it with any other mod it simply does not seem to work. I am able to use multiple mods if they are combined into one but this one simply does not seem to work for me when used with any other modifications. Am I doing something wrong?
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 12/07/14 12:56 AM
Walk me through your steps? This is what I'd do, but I haven't actually tried it with other mods:

1) Get all the mods I want installed, but not activated.
2) Copy all of the files (in Public and Mods) from all those mods into a single mod's folder structure, the "empty mod" that Rhidian shared and described.
3) Activate that one compiled mod in the game.
4) Start a new game, save it.
5) Take that game's LSB and swap it into my live game's save folder, renamed to replace the LSB there.

That's the theory... but I've had several theories about mod files and saves that didn't work for me. :\
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 12/07/14 01:05 AM
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I've been doing. I've been able to get the run speed mod, Infinite spell books, and unbreaking lockpick mods to all work together perfectly fine following these steps but when I try adding the recipe mod these all still seem to work but not the recipe mod. It's very odd.
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 12/07/14 01:20 AM
Ok just tried another time and got the same results 3 mods work yours does not. I can't copy the Mods folder content into the Empty Mod because they all contain the same file "meta.lsx" I can however copy all the files of the Public Folder into the one blank one. Maybe you could try this to see if it works. While I'm super excited to try and use your mod if it doesn't work in conjunction with other mods I think people might not use it as much as they should. Then again maybe I'm just still somehow messing the steps up. I'd like others to try this out and see if they can get the mod to work with others.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 12/07/14 01:50 AM
I will give it a shot this weekend, sure. I'm already looking at other files myself, specifically Potions.txt, which is similar to the idea of combining multiple mods, so I'll see if I can figure out what breaks it.

meta.lsx won't matter since that really just defines the starting screen and character creation screen. (It's an XML file, you can pop it open in Notepad and check it out.)

Rhidian was saying he was also having problems getting other files to work correctly besides ItemCombos, though in a different context in his case. I suspect the game is still just screwy about letting mods do what they're supposed to. frown
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 12/07/14 01:53 AM
Well even if the problem is the game just not playing nice with the mods I'm confident you guys will figure it out. The few of you putting mods out already have been doing some cool things in a brand new game engine. I'm impressed.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 12/07/14 02:01 AM
Basically you also want:
Armors.xlsm
Weapon.xlsm
Shields.xlsm
Objects.xlsm
DeltaModifiers.xlsm

The first 4 define the items, their types, categories, etc.
DeltaModifiers sits between maps a Boost from ItemCombos to an entry in the first 3 files.

Alright, so thanks to this tip I started snooping into the TXT files that those generate. (The XLSM's aren't needed for anything but convenience.)

I had been wondering for awhile why the fish + oven recipe wouldn't give me dinner, and why fish + dough seemed to ignore most fish.

Potions.txt seems to have the answer. It has a bunch of entries like this:

Code
new entry "FOOD_FishA"
type "Potion"
using "_Food"
data "Act part" "1"
data "StackId" "Intelligence"
data "ComboCategory" "FoodFish"
data "Weight" "200"
data "Value" "2"
data "Intelligence" "1"
data "Speed" "-1"
data "Duration" "3"

However, when I pop into the Engine and search for fish in RootTemplates, the names are in the form of CON_Food_Fish_A.

I am going to permit myself just a bit of a rant here and declare my astonishment that a game engine actually depends on plain text files for so much of its logical structure. The fact is, it will inevitably lead to exactly this kind of bug. Things get renamed all the time in large projects (usually as part of "refactoring" during a late optimization phase, when many dependencies now exist), and unless those things are logical objects with singular definitions and a referential structure, it becomes incredibly difficult to ever rename anything or, for that matter, to completely eliminate human error in the form of ordinary typos. I remember when I had this problem working on large bodies of code before modern IDE's provided tools for refactoring... like, in the 90's.

End rant and now I have to decide if this mod is going to fix Potions.txt as well. That's quite possibly a file that other mods are going to want to touch though, so I'll probably just have to wait for Larian on this one. :\
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 12/07/14 02:08 AM
*Headdesk*

Trying to decode Larian's linkages is a headache.

I am curious, does an add-on always override the other file instead append/modify?
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 12/07/14 02:29 AM
Multiple mods won't append or merge, there would need to be an interface for conflict resolution - which would be more trouble to the end user (and modders) than it's worth. Though to be fair, NWN actually had a working CR model that in my opinion went a long way to keeping the game alive well after its shelf life had expired.

If you're doing things the "manual" way like some of us are right now, you'd have to hand edit the TXT file to have both sets of changes. :\

I'm thinking that I could side-step the fish issue (the "fissue"!) by adding a whole scad of recipes in ItemCombos for every kind of fish, as opposed to fixing the FoodFish category itself. Dinner (elven stew) is pretty darn useful and fish seem to be much easier to come by than raw meat, so it would be worthwhile just for my own playthrough, hopefully for others as well.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 12/07/14 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by BaronJudas
Well even if the problem is the game just not playing nice with the mods I'm confident you guys will figure it out. The few of you putting mods out already have been doing some cool things in a brand new game engine. I'm impressed.

I'm not sure if this will be good news or bad:

I got a hold of that Tools.lsb and, well, it works together with FoodCombos, for me.

Here were my exact steps:

1) I read your post and Googled for unbreak- well, okay, let's skip ahead a few steps.
2) I'm not using an "empty" master mod in fact, so I did all of my work inside of my own mod's folder, Public \ Fixed_and_Missing_Recipes_85e5adf9-1a66-412d-b24f-71d59331859b.
3) So in that folder, I made a new folder: RootTemplates.
4) I copied Tools.lsb into RootTemplates.
5) Launched my game and tested some of my recipes, then tried picking the door at the end of the hall upstairs in the inn. Recipes worked; I failed to pick and kept my lockpick.

So really, that's all I did. I didn't have to make a new LSB in this case because of my approach... maybe that's a clue. Also just as a sanity check: You do have Stats in a separate *top* level folder, not under RootTemplates, right?
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 13/07/14 01:21 AM
Also just as a sanity check: You do have Stats in a separate *top* level folder, not under RootTemplates, right?

I'm really glad you had that sanity check there. That was the problem I was including the Stats folder in the RootTemplates folder which is why it didn't work. You might want to make a not of this in your first post so that others don't make the same stupid mistake I did. Thanks for checking this out I wasn't figuring it out on my own and thanks also for working on this great mod.
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 13/07/14 02:51 AM
Apparently there are recipes to create super belts for regular rabbit paws, but not lucky rabbit paws.

Would you add
Destroy2Transform1 LOOT_Rabbit_Paw_SuperAmulet_A_Lucky + LOOT_Rope_A = LOOT_Rabbit_Paw_SuperBelt_A_Lucky, Crafting 3
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 13/07/14 07:27 AM
Apparently there are recipes to create super belts for regular rabbit paws, but not lucky rabbit paws.

Would you add
Destroy2Transform1 LOOT_Rabbit_Paw_SuperAmulet_A_Lucky + LOOT_Rope_A = LOOT_Rabbit_Paw_SuperBelt_A_Lucky, Crafting 3

Will do. I'll probably start a new post what with the edit time limit.

I've been giving some thought to pixie dust. It's a gating item for a lot of things, yet it depends on a pretty rare resource, the stardust plant. (Or moonstone if you're desperate.) It's probably outside the scope of this mod - just fixing things like exactly what you noted there - but what's your opinion on making pixie easier to produce or even removing it as a step in some recipes?

(I'm still not even into Luculla yet, maybe things do change past the first act?)
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 13/07/14 07:29 AM
I'm really glad you had that sanity check there. That was the problem I was including the Stats folder in the RootTemplates folder which is why it didn't work. You might want to make a not of this in your first post so that others don't make the same stupid mistake I did. Thanks for checking this out I wasn't figuring it out on my own and thanks also for working on this great mod.

I'm relieved it's not some squirrely game bug. smile Thanks for following up, I will make a note about that in future posts. Going to make a new thread for v04, probably sometime tomorrow!
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 13/07/14 10:39 AM
I'm relieved it's not some squirrely game bug. smile Thanks for following up, I will make a note about that in future posts. Going to make a new thread for v04, probably sometime tomorrow!

No problem, I'm glad my stupidity might help others. I played all night using version 3 with 3 other mods and had absolutely no problems. I look forward to V04.
Posted By: valky Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 13/07/14 11:24 AM
Hmm, possible to get the sharp claw working as well?

and cudos for this great mod, some of the non-working crafting recipes were giving me quite the headache. :゙
Posted By: Rhidian Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 13/07/14 03:15 PM

I've been giving some thought to pixie dust. It's a gating item for a lot of things, yet it depends on a pretty rare resource, the stardust plant. (Or moonstone if you're desperate.) It's probably outside the scope of this mod - just fixing things like exactly what you noted there - but what's your opinion on making pixie easier to produce or even removing it as a step in some recipes?

Maybe make it so that those excess Skillbooks that you find can be transformed into Pixie Dust somehow? You could toss them into the Elemental Forge or something.
Posted By: bowlfreaknot Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 14/07/14 12:45 AM
Thanks for all the hard work on this guys. I've been playing around with it today and i'm loving the changes. great job.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 01:55 AM
I've moved this over to Nexus since I've already used that site extensively for my Skyrim mods.

Link:

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/12/?

Mod number 12, heh. laugh
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 02:22 AM
Thanks for uploading this to the Nexus Site. I've been a Lifetime member of the sites for years and they allow for a nice way of keeping track of mods and to download them fast. Any news on when we can expect 1.4? And when that does come out can we just drop in the updated file and it works or do we need to do the whole new save copy shuffle again?
Posted By: Celador Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 02:42 AM
There's an item called "Mysterious Fabric Dye" which is also broken if you want to try to fix it.
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by Celador
There's an item called "Mysterious Fabric Dye" which is also broken if you want to try to fix it.

Yes please do. I just bought this in game and was very disappointed when it did nothing. I'm not sure what it was supposed to do but maybe we could come up with some ideas?
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 03:13 AM
Thanks for uploading this to the Nexus Site. I've been a Lifetime member of the sites for years and they allow for a nice way of keeping track of mods and to download them fast. Any news on when we can expect 1.4? And when that does come out can we just drop in the updated file and it works or do we need to do the whole new save copy shuffle again?

I have been editing the two files directly out of my own DOS install folder, so yes, you can just drop them in. I'm hoping actually that when we get NMM support, it'll work the same since that's really nice and seamless.

I am making a list of outstanding suggestions and needed fixes and I'll probably do an update later tonight.
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 03:17 AM
So, what was the pot + fish thing? I see that it makes dinner, I thought that was for mobile kitchens.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 03:25 AM

Hrm.

Its object name is TOOL_UNI_Dye_A_Mystery. That isn't anywhere in ItemCombos.

Here is its definition in Potion.txt:

Code
new entry "TOOL_Dye_Mystery"
type "Potion"
using "_Drink"
data "Act part" "16"
data "Weight" "250"
data "Value" "10"
data "ExtraProperties" "Poison,100,2"
data "InventoryTab" "Ingredient"

If I had to guess, it's used in a script for a puzzle somewhere, but nothing's stopping us from making recipes with it, nope.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 03:29 AM
So, what was the pot + fish thing? I see that it makes dinner, I thought that was for mobile kitchens.

I just realized I have the order backwards on those recipes. You can't drag an oven onto a fish so you can't use ovens, only mobile kitchens. Since I have a mobile I was only testing with that. Silly me. ;p

Kinda irritating that order matters in a recipe definition.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 03:52 AM

Would you add

Looks like this one is another casualty of item name refactoring. D:

There's no such thing as LOOT_Rabbit_Paw_SuperAmulet_A_Lucky. The two versions are just named LOOT_Rabbit_Paw_MagicAmulet_A and LOOT_Rabbit_Paw_SuperAmulet_A. The base items are LOOT_Paw_A_Rabbit_A and LOOT_Paw_A_Rabbit_A_Magic. (I bet the confusing taxonomy is at least partly to blame for the refactoring that broke these recipes.)

These are the recipes that do exist right now:

Code
use object LOOT_Rabbit_Paw_MagicAmulet_A on object LOOT_String_Bow_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters LOOT_Rabbit_Paw_SuperAmulet_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 3 autolevel 1

use object LOOT_Rabbit_Paw_MagicAmulet_A_Lucky on object LOOT_String_Bow_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters LOOT_Rabbit_Paw_SuperAmulet_A_Lucky,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 3 autolevel 1

So I just have to fix the second one.
Posted By: Celador Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 04:02 AM

If I had to guess, it's used in a script for a puzzle somewhere, but nothing's stopping us from making recipes with it, nope.

Theres actually a few of them and judging from their description they should do something to armor. They could be unfinished i guess.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 04:03 AM
Sigh, never mind. Actually, it would seem that I can't depend on Divinity Engine to show me all the objects that exist. The lucky rabbit paw isn't listed as a template, is the problem. :\

The recipe is erroneously asking for the amulet - which is the necklace, not the reagent.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 04:04 AM
Theres actually a few of them and judging from their description they should do something to armor. They could be unfinished i guess.

You know what... maybe they're meant to give you a random color job. I know how to make recipes that give random results, and I bet that's it. They might have not had time to add them in because if you had to use that painfully awkward Excel spreadsheet to do it, it would take days. Well, maybe an hour.

But I can do it in Notepad++ in like 10 minutes. :p
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 04:14 AM
Your guess about a random color actually makes a lot of sense. I think that would be an interesting use for the dye. So far I've seen blue, green, yellow, red, purple (purplish pink), black, and white. Not sure how many other colors their might be.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 04:27 AM
There's also gold, though that requires the Holy Grail, a DLC item. Since you're rolling the dice with the mystery dye, I think it's permissible for gold to be a result, yes no?
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 05:01 AM
Oh forgot about the grail. Is there anyway to make a check to see if you have the DLC? I would think most people probably have it but I'm not sure. I don't want your mod to get flagged by offering DLC content for people who don't have it even if its a very small chance. Then again Larian is allowing us to mod the game so maybe they won't care.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 05:23 AM
I think I'd need to write a full on script to make it require something arbitrary like DLC. (Haven't checked out scripting yet but I probably will in time. Scripting is really what I mod with most.)

I'll leave the gold versions out for now, though I'll experiment on my own with them later.
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 05:44 AM
Sounds like a good idea. It's not hard to use the grail if you want the gold one.
Posted By: Theodore Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 04:43 PM
Would it be possible to add recipes for medium and high resist all potions? You can craft the lowest tier resist all potions (20%) by combining either the lowest tier (15%) air resist with water resist or fire resist with earth resist [C3], but it doesn't seem possible to do the same with medium (30%) and high (50%) tier resist potions into medium and high resist all.

Augmentors work to increase the level of resist all potions, but having another option available to create medium [C4] and high [C5] level resist all potions would be a great addition.
Posted By: Taven Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 04:57 PM
Hmm it says the Dropbox is empty for the mod
Posted By: frozenwings Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 05:19 PM
It's on nexus now. He made a post later in the thread about it:

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/12/?

He'll probably edit the op at some point since it seems he removed it from Dropbox.
Posted By: Celador Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 06:45 PM

You know what... maybe they're meant to give you a random color job. I know how to make recipes that give random results, and I bet that's it. They might have not had time to add them in because if you had to use that painfully awkward Excel spreadsheet to do it, it would take days. Well, maybe an hour.

But I can do it in Notepad++ in like 10 minutes. :p

I was actually expecting either glowing or some particle effect. They are the most expensive dyes after all.
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 07:08 PM
I was actually expecting either glowing or some particle effect. They are the most expensive dyes after all.

Are those implemented ingame though? I can't remember seeing any glowing or particle effect armor.
Posted By: Norbyte Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 08:01 PM

Are those implemented ingame though? I can't remember seeing any glowing or particle effect armor.

Well they implemented it for weapons (the various elemental staves), so I suppose it should work for armor too.
The glowing part is definitely doable, as you "only" have to create a new glowing material for the armor.
About attaching particle effects to bones ... I have no idea.
Posted By: Celador Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 15/07/14 08:05 PM

You are probably correct - sounds too good to be true. "Out of this world" in their description however implies something more than just random color, i think.

Void black with a starry pattern perhaps. Sounds reasonably plausible.
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 01:05 AM
Void black with a starry pattern perhaps. Sounds reasonably plausible.

I suppose if someone with some art talent could make something like that it would work. I'm not sure how the current colors are applied though to make it so we could just edit the black dye and add stars to it.
Posted By: valky Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 01:41 AM
According the patch-notes comments the new recipes ain't working at all.
Unpacked the 'new' main.pack and none of those mentioned 'new' changes are to be found; so I guess I'll use this mod for the time-being smile

can some1 confirm as well?
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 01:50 AM
I just tracked down Norbyte's updated unpacker so I'm having a gander myself. Did they maybe forget to run the XLSM macros? ;p
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 02:02 AM
I couldn't get the new recipes to work either. I first I was thinking maybe it was a conflict with this mod but if others are having the problem then Larian just goofed on something.
Posted By: valky Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 02:09 AM
Too bad I already deleted my old main.pack-unpack, so I could have run a file-compare.
But it looks like neither the xlsm nor the txt was updated at all.

And since you added 'working' (!) changes, I see no reason in not using your mod further ^^.

edit: will check later in a fresh game; oddly I was about to do a new campaign anyway.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 02:14 AM
I confirm. The TXT and LSX haven't been updated. They probably just forgot to pack them in before releasing the update.
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 02:25 AM
Will it effect the mod once they do?
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 03:18 AM
My understanding of the mod right now is it gets "tacked on" to the end of ItemCombos. In fact with 1.1 to make this clear, and make it easier for me to track my own changes, my ItemCombos file only includes the things I've changed. (And it still works.)

Precedence seems to go to the Main.pak already, meaning I cannot actually change any existing recipes - ones that I thought I'd "fixed" I have retro tested and they did not in fact work; fish, dinner not costing the tomato, and so on.

The only thing that might break is if Larian decides to make an official recipe using the same ingredients we've got in the mod, like water bottle + arrow shaft.

At any rate I'll try to keep the mod updated as long as it stays relevant. smile
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 03:39 AM
Sounds good. I was worried these updates would break things. It wouldn't be a problem if Larian just officially added the changes but that may never happen or take awhile.
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 03:40 AM
That does not make sense. I was able to successfully use the modified recipes in the previous versions. Are you saying that if the v1.1 ItemCombos.txt doesn't contain all of the original recipes as well then it doesn't work?
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 04:22 AM
Other way around... you can delete everything in ItemCombos, and just start adding stuff. You can have a one-line ItemCombos to add one recipe that you want in a mod. The stuff in Main.pak's ItemCombos still work - you can't "delete" recipes from Main.pak.

At the same time, it doesn't appear that we really can override existing recipes - at least, you can't shift the order of the ingredients and you can't change the transform keyword. You can change the recipe to produce a new result - like fixing the Magic Big Chicken foot.

My test was the fish recipes. Right now you have to drag the oven (mobile kitchen) onto the fish for the recipe to work. I tried reversing that order and the change would not take. I was getting confused until I tried this with a few other recipes and saw the pattern. Then the kicker was another old fix that I'd put in but never tested: changing the Elven Stew recipe's keyword from Transform1 to Destroy2Transform1. It doesn't work. My version of the recipe doesn't take precedence. The tomato sauce remains. :\
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 04:47 AM
1.1 is up on Nexus. It fixes the lucky rabbit belts, doesn't do anything with the mysterious dye for now, and besides that the only change really is that I switched to the "bare" format in both files, stripping out everything but my own changes. I also added liberal comments.

I'm working on a readme next so that it's easier to publish the full list of changes in the mod.
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 04:58 AM
So, we can change ingredients (not not order) and outputs, but we cannot change how it is transformed or remove recipes. Interesting.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 05:04 AM
Frustrating, is the word I'd use. :p But then I remind myself that crafting isn't really as big a deal in this game as, say, Skyrim. I don't play hours at a time having fun with crafting. (Though I certainly do like it as a relaxing way to spend downtime.) I'm all about the combat. wink
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 05:58 AM
This does sound frustrating. I will say though that I have spent over an hour crafting things before in the game just messing around will all the items I pick up and finding combo's. That's why I liked the mod as it added a few new things to play with.
Posted By: Styno Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 12:36 PM
There was a bug with certain combinations only working in one way (cup + apple did nothing, but apple + cup created apple juice)

This bug is fixed and it will be included in the next patch
Posted By: Taven Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Styno
There was a bug with certain combinations only working in one way (cup + apple did nothing, but apple + cup created apple juice)

This bug is fixed and it will be included in the next patch

Are they going to fix the strong sinew that was mentioned in this last patch?
Posted By: valky Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 16/07/14 07:05 PM
About the strong sinew in your mod as well:
In my last (or first try-out ^^ since I was sadly not part of the kickstarter thingie) I happen to notice I only got 1 sinew after you implemented it in your last revision.
I might be wrong but checked the *txt file and shouldn't it be:

"use object LOOT_Sinew_A_Strong on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Sinew_A,0,0,0,0,0,2,1 autolevel 0" instead?

Or is it some odd behavior to use the strong sinew on the knife else you only get 1? Deleted my old saves already and since I happen to have not that much time, I can't currently try.
I usually use "knife" on "things"..so I might be at fault...

[tbh: modding this game is a major headache...it starts by having 3 mod folders - documents, main path, data-path = seriously wtf. Now they even changed the *pak/savegame structure..it kinda reminds me at Shogun:TW, where every patch messed up any and every mod...]
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 17/07/14 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by valky
"use object LOOT_Sinew_A_Strong on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Sinew_A,0,0,0,0,0,2,1 autolevel 0" instead?

That's correct. I had them reversed in I think v03, but corrected that and similar mistakes in 1.0 on Nexus.

With patch 78 this recipe should be moot anyway, since the recipes intended for 72 are now actually working. I'll be posting a 1.2 on Nexus to account for that, either late tonight or tomorrow. smile
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 17/07/14 01:53 AM
Well, it seems that Strong Sinew has replaced Sinew for the DEX+ & Bowstring recipes. However the Poison (Minor, Medium, & Large) + Sinew = Debuff DEX recipes do not use Strong Sinew.

Destroy1Transform2 CON_Potion_Poison_A + LOOT_Sinew_A_Strong = CON_Potion_Debuf_Dexterity_A, Crafting 2
Destroy1Transform2 CON_Potion_Poison_Medium_A + LOOT_Sinew_A_Strong = CON_Potion_Debuf_Dexterity_A, Crafting 2
Destroy1Transform2 CON_Potion_Poison_Large_A + LOOT_Sinew_A_Strong = CON_Potion_Debuf_Dexterity_A, Crafting 2
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 17/07/14 04:38 AM
Found a new recipe last night but I don't think it actually does anything. I picked up a oil barrel and put it in my inventory then used an empty cup on it. It showed a ? as the end result but after crafting it it shows a cup of oil. I was able to use this on my plate armor but I couldn't see that it actually changed anything. Could you possibly check what this is doing if anything? If its not doing anything I would think it supposed to and maybe we could come up with some idea like a bonus to dexterity or something since all your joints are now lubricated?
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 17/07/14 04:44 AM
Not a new recipe. Just one that was obscure and hard to pull off as the order must be barrel of oil >> cup = cup of oil.

Cup of Oil + Metal Armor increases movement.

Edit: Early on you can open the inventory window and drag the barrel onto the cup to get cup of oil. This works even if you do not have the strength to put the barrel in inventory. The barrel just stays on the ground and you have you output.
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 17/07/14 06:29 AM
Oh I hadn't seen it listed anywhere before so it was new to me. Oddly I tried it again tonight and on 2 pieces it did nothing but when I tried it on two other it did increase movement by .10
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 17/07/14 06:33 AM
OK just found a new version of the Crafting Recipes guide. Someone just posted about the oil and armor after I posted mine here so maybe they just found it also or saw my post and tried it. Either way it wasn't one I knew. Still their post does point out something good about this in that it can be done anywhere without the need for an anvil. Now that I think about it if it does the exact same thing as using the armor on the anvil that's why my other two pieces didn't do anything adding oil, they had already been hammered.
Posted By: Exmortis Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 17/07/14 05:36 PM
What is the recipe for a plain arrowhead?
Posted By: Zvex Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 17/07/14 06:28 PM
The link is broken (it shows "Nothing Here"), fix it please
Posted By: PatrickSJ Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 17/07/14 07:13 PM
OP can no longer be edited. Go to http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/12/
Posted By: BaronJudas Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 18/07/14 02:51 AM
unuroboros you might want to edit that first post to point to the Nexus. I imagine a lot of new people will not know the new version is posted there.
Posted By: unuroboros Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 18/07/14 03:23 AM
I can't, it's too old. I kinda' need to stop posting to this thread so that it falls off front page. Or start a new post I guess. wink

The recipe for plain arrowheads, *in FMR* (there is no such recipe in vanilla) got fixed in 1.1 and is now scale scraps + hammer. I'm open to feedback on that recipe though. You probably don't really need to make arrowheads except at very low levels (after a while they're really easy to find in abundance on merchants), so what components are very easy to come by even at low levels? I only picked scale scraps because of the deconstruction recipes I've added that give you an easy way to get any kind of scrap, now.
Posted By: 613 The Evil Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 28/07/14 08:04 PM
Thanks!!! I thought I was doomed when I bought 2 Joshua's Spices, only to discover the recipe is broken. But no, the community won! I added fire on my axes! F yeah! :P
Posted By: eidolon Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 09/08/14 11:02 AM
Could one of you upload a backup of their original itemcombo.txt, so that I can compare it with the one that belongs to yesterday's patch? Multiple players are reporting that some recipes don't work anymore.
Posted By: Norbyte Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 09/08/14 11:07 AM
Here you are: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/dos/ItemCombos.txt
Posted By: eidolon Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 09/08/14 11:32 AM
thx

The changes were
use object CON_Potion_Empty_A on object LOOT_Eye_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters POTION_Minor_Perception_Potion,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 5 autolevel 0
->
use object CON_Potion_Empty_A on category Eye with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters POTION_Minor_Perception_Potion,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 5 autolevel 0

use object CON_Potion_Speed_TempBoost_A on object LOOT_Sinew_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Dexterity_TempBoost_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 5 autolevel 0
use object CON_Potion_Speed_TempBoost_A on object LOOT_Sinew_A_Strong with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Dexterity_TempBoost_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 5 autolevel 0
->
use object CON_Potion_Speed_TempBoost_A on category Sinew with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Dexterity_TempBoost_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 5 autolevel 0

use object LOOT_Sinew_A on object LOOT_Sinew_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters LOOT_String_Bow_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Sinew_A_Strong on object LOOT_Sinew_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters LOOT_String_Bow_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Sinew_A_Strong on object LOOT_Sinew_A_Strong with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters LOOT_String_Bow_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
->
use category Sinew on category Sinew with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters LOOT_String_Bow_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0

use object LOOT_Feather_A on category Dagger with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Feather_A_Quill_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
->
use category Feather on category Dagger with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Feather_A_Quill_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0

use object LOOT_Feather_A on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Feather_A_Quill_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
->
use category Feather on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Feather_A_Quill_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0

use object CON_Potion_Poison_A on object LOOT_Tooth_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Strength_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
->
use object CON_Potion_Poison_A on category Tooth with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Strength_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0

use object CON_Potion_Poison_A on object LOOT_Sinew_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Dexterity_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
->
use object CON_Potion_Poison_A on category Sinew with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Dexterity_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0

use object CON_Potion_Poison_A on object LOOT_Eye_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Perception_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
->
use object CON_Potion_Poison_A on category Eye with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Perception_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0

use object CON_Potion_Poison_Medium_A on object LOOT_Tooth_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Strength_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
->
use object CON_Potion_Poison_Medium_A on category Tooth with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Strength_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0

use object CON_Potion_Poison_Medium_A on object LOOT_Sinew_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Dexterity_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
->
use object CON_Potion_Poison_Medium_A on category Sinew with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Dexterity_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0

use object CON_Potion_Poison_Medium_A on object LOOT_Eye_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Perception_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
->
use object CON_Potion_Poison_Medium_A on category Eye with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Perception_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0

use object CON_Potion_Poison_Large_A on object LOOT_Tooth_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Strength_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
->
use object CON_Potion_Poison_Large_A on category Tooth with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Strength_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0

use object CON_Potion_Poison_Large_A on object LOOT_Sinew_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Dexterity_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
->
use object CON_Potion_Poison_Large_A on category Sinew with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Dexterity_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0

use object CON_Potion_Poison_Large_A on object LOOT_Eye_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Perception_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
->
use object CON_Potion_Poison_Large_A on category Eye with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters CON_Potion_Debuf_Perception_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0

use category Knife on object LOOT_Tooth_A with transform code Transform2 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_Stunning_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 0
->
use category Knife on category Tooth with transform code Transform2 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_Stunning_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 0

use category Dagger on object LOOT_Tooth_A with transform code Transform2 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_Stunning_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 0
->
use category Dagger on category Tooth with transform code Transform2 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_Stunning_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 0

added
use object LOOT_Tooth_A_Magic_Sharp on object LOOT_Rope_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters LOOT_Tooth_MagicBelt_A_Sharp,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 1

use object LOOT_Feather_A_Magic_Fancy on object LOOT_Rope_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters LOOT_Feather_MagicBelt_A_Fancy,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 1

use object LOOT_Tail_A_Rat_A_Magic_Long on object LOOT_Rope_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters LOOT_Rat_Tail_MagicBelt_A_Long,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 1

use object LOOT_Foot_Chicken_A_Magic_Big on object LOOT_Rope_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters LOOT_Chicken_Claw_MagicBelt_A_Big,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 1

use object LOOT_Skull_Human_A_Magic_Tattooed on object LOOT_Rope_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters LOOT_Skull_MagicBelt_A_Tattooed,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 1

use object LOOT_Skull_Human_A_Magic_Ancient on object LOOT_Rope_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters LOOT_Skull_MagicBelt_A_Ancient,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 1

use category Knife on object LOOT_Antler_A_Adult with transform code Transform2 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_Antler_A,0,0,0,0,0,2,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 0

use category Dagger on object LOOT_Antler_A_Adult with transform code Transform2 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_Antler_A,0,0,0,0,0,2,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 0

use object TOOL_Pouch_Dust_Pixie_A on object LOOT_Antler_A_Adult with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters LOOT_Antler_A_Magic_Adult,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 0

use object LOOT_Antler_A_Magic_Adult on category LeatherHelmet with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters ARM_Helmet_Antler_A_Adult,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 1
Posted By: Noaloha Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 10/08/14 09:08 AM
Is there a way to use this information to get my sinew recipe working again?

I just noticed a very odd thing: I'm unable to combine sinew+sinew=bowstring in my module on my PC. I've tried in the editor and when playing the mod through the main game. It just treats them like stackable items.

However, I just published the module to Steam as a test and tried it on another PC. Lo and behold, the character was able to combine sinew and sinew as expected.

(One thing that might mean nothing, or might be relevant, is that the few customisations to character.txt and skillset.txt that show up when playing the module on my PC did not carry over with my .pak file to the second PC. The assumption there is that info from data/public/modulename isn't carrying over? Again, I don't actually know if it's relevant to the crafting problem, I just mention it because there were two differences between the first vs second PC... sinew recipe not working vs working and customs stats&skills showing vs not showing. Might be entirely unrelated issues.)
Posted By: Stafroty Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 13/08/14 07:51 AM
is it possible to make cloth scraps from any cloth armor and/or folder shirt with dagger/knife?
Posted By: DocDracnis Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 27/08/14 02:25 PM
This link is broken!
Posted By: Oldweasel Re: Fixed and Missing Recipes - 27/08/14 07:46 PM
Looks like the link to the latest and greatest crafting mod is here .
© Larian Studios forums