Larian Studios

[Mod][Beta] FourPlay

Posted By: Tiaexz

[Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 24/07/14 09:24 PM

[Linked Image]

Welcome to FourPlay, this mod promises on completion to provide an adequate four player experience with each of you having your own source hunters.

Implemented:
- 4 Character Creation currently using Roguelikes 2-by-2 Solution.
- Basic World integration.

To Do List:
- Redesigned GUI to allow 4 characters to be designed at the same time.
- Full fledge dialogue and trigger options for Player 3 and 4.
- Balancing and Skill adjustments.

Note:
This currently only works for games created with this mod activated.

Beta Notice:
The Beta is will go through stages of fully integrating these characters into the world of Divinity: Original Sin with their very own conversation options.

Nexus:
Due to the nature of these forums, this Opening Post may be out of date. Please go to Nexus for the latest published information:
Nexus Link

.pak install location:
~\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data

Permissions:
All requests especially during Beta require my approval. The latest information regarding this is on the Nexus page along with my reasoning.

Updates:
I will keep an on-going record of my struggles and progress in here as I have demonstrated in the 'Simply 4 Player' thread.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and assistance during this beta.

Regards,
Tiaexz
Posted By: Mr. C

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 24/07/14 09:27 PM

Nice!
Posted By: olje

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 24/07/14 09:29 PM

man of the month
Posted By: Bazerand

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 24/07/14 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tiaexz
[snip]

Since the nexus link is still processing, any word on potential bugs? roguelike2d mentions his has quirks with friendly fire, reputation, and a couple of other things. Is this the same?

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 24/07/14 09:39 PM

I used Roguelikes 2-by-2 method for character customisation in this beta build, in the future, I am hoping the change the GUI to allow alternative options as discussed in the previous thread.

Known issues so far:
- Lone Wolf is overpowered
- Player 3/4 can trigger events/scripts like player 1 and 2 can. So Mages coming out of the tutorial area, the guards at the bridge. They can respond to challenges, and act as if it was player 1 or 2 alone, but the stat change is only applied to them.
- Jahan and Madora can still be hired, whether or not to turn this off may be left to player preferences.
- At the first challenge outside the tutorial dungeon, the mages might engage instead of running off if player 1 or 2 are not nearby.

There are some differences between mine and Roguelikes versions, since his is effectively just allowing the customisation whilst in my copy, I have registered player3 and 4 in the scripts, gave them the starting resources, separate Alignment (he uses Jahan's and Madora's alignment).

I will be working on the dialogue options and anything 'game breaking' for the next release.

I will be double-checking to see if everything is working, and correct these, then I am taking a break for the rest of today.

Place the .pak at the following:
~Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 24/07/14 10:06 PM

To just makes things simple

Bug Reporting format:

Issue: [short description]
Area: [combat/quest/dialogue]
Explanation: [Can you replicate this issue, what are you doing to cause this issue, how should this work normally in the vanilla]

Suggestions format:

Suggestion: [short description]
Area: [Skills, Companions, Dialogue, etc]
Full Description: [Feel free to expand into your full idea.]

I will read every single one of these, and I will comment back depending on demand. Some of the suggestions maybe outside the scope of the mod and I will say as such, please do not be offended in these cases, it isn't me saying they are bad, it is not part of what I am willing to do as I want the mod not to get overly complicated.
Posted By: Grossmond

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 24/07/14 10:46 PM

I know this is brand new and I bow to Roguelikes and your work, but is there anyway to drop the 4th character?

I only ask because my friends and I don't typically run with a 4th person and when someone is around to fill a 4th in a 4 player coop its random and far between. If not I am guessing the only option is to leave them at the entrance every time so they stay out of combat and what not.

Or would it be possible to get them killed and leave them for dead?

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 24/07/14 10:58 PM

You could leave number four in the towns marketplace. Use it to sell/buy stuff whilst you and your friends adventure. Spend its points in barter/charm.
Posted By: Icefrog0

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 02:17 AM

Issue: Unable to Save
Area: Single Player - Four characters
Explanation: I tried out your mod, and aside from a slight overlap on the creation screen, everything was working as described. When i went to stop as i arrived in Cyseal proper, I found I couldn't save. Quick and menu save were not working. The quick save button did nothing and i was able to open the save menu, but the actual save button did nothing. Thats when i realized the game hadn't auto saved either. This might be a problem.

Great mod otherwise, I'll start another game and see if it happens again tomorrow.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 02:28 AM

I will investigate/confirm that now, that sounds very serious.

Update:

I have investigated this issue on my source files and the uploaded .pak version and I haven't been able to reproduce the error. I was able to save in both occassions. I went to the town centre, hit autosaves like at Arhu first meeting which worked as intended and was able to save with us all in the market place.

There are two possibilities as to why you couldn't save which comes to mind:
- You were not the Host/Player 1. This is a game restriction (a silly one, but it is there)
- When you entered the same menu, you didn't press the 'new save' for the text box to pop up to allow you to do the save, or you didn't try to overwrite another one of your saves. (We all make silly mistakes)
Posted By: Bazerand

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 02:41 AM

No save problems here, though I've just hit the beach. I did have the following pop up immediately following character creation, during the cutscene. Couldn't dismiss it by clicking, had to hit esc to skip the cutscene and then click okay. I assume its related to me being a big fat cheater and giving all of my characters lone wolf.

[Linked Image]

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bazerand
I assume its related to me being a big fat cheater and giving all of my characters lone wolf.

Yes, this is a known issue.

I will let you guys decide whether or not I should remove the talent, change the talent or leave it 'as is'.
Posted By: Rhidian

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 02:49 AM

I will let you guys decide whether or not I should remove the talent, change the talent or leave it 'as is'.

Talents can be changed/removed? I thought those were hard-coded into the game.
Posted By: adecoy95

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 02:50 AM

- At the first challenge outside the tutorial dungeon, the mages might engage instead of running off if player 1 or 2 are not nearby.

what do you think causes this? do you think it has implications later in the game that can affect the ability to progress?

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rhidian

I am sure I saw another thread where they said they nerfed Lone Wolf as they found it overpowered. They said about the hidden talents such as reason/charm/jack-the-knife too. I could have misread or be mistaken, I haven't tried to do it.

Originally Posted by adecoy95

what do you think causes this? do you think it has implications later in the game that can affect the ability to progress?

I think it is because the specific trigger is looking for player 1 and 2. At many other places such as Arhu, player 3 and 4 can get along fine. The specific bug mentioned is something I picked up pre-beta and haven't done anything to try to change it as of yet.

This first beta is to try to find these instances and fix them. My priority is to try to resolve anything game-breaking then start to expand the options level by level, starting with Cyrael.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 03:15 AM

I am sure I saw another thread where they said they nerfed Lone Wolf as they found it overpowered. They said about the hidden talents such as reason/charm/jack-the-knife too. I could have misread or be mistaken, I haven't tried to do it.

Wasn't that the SaveGame Editor thread with the context of changing the Save file so that certain Talents (including hidden ones) are/aren't present on the character?

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 03:23 AM

Wasn't that the SaveGame Editor thread with the context of changing the Save file so that certain Talents (including hidden ones) are/aren't present on the character?

You could change the skill requirements.
~\Public\Main\Stats\Requirements.xlsm

Make it something like 99 Strength or something equally as impossible. This would 'disable' the skill since no one can meet the requirement.

Not directly removing the skill, but it has the same effect.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 03:25 AM

I've tried changing the requirements before (specifically, the required level for Leech), and nothing happened for me. Has anyone else gotten a change to successfully stick?

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 03:28 AM

I've tried changing the requirements before (specifically, the required level for Leech), and nothing happened for me. Has anyone else gotten a change to successfully stick?

You have to open up all.xlsm to generate the data. Once you done this, it should stick (Have the generated data included in your mod too).

I am heading to sleep, so I will put in on my agenda tomorrow to disable lone-wolf in this manner at least as a test.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 03:35 AM

I don't bother with the .xlsm files; I create and edit my mod's Stat txt files directly. I just tried it again and both Leech and Elemental Ranger ignored the "Level 5" requirement I set for them.

The only place that I think a Stat txt file might have an effect would be in the Data/Public/Main/Stats/Generated/Data/ folder, but that would likely run into a Corrupt Main error.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 06:43 AM

The issue is that while I can load "manually"... the f8 key doesn't seem to function... and when it does it crashes the game.
Posted By: Mace

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 07:53 AM

Making progress I see! Very nice smile

You could leave number four in the towns marketplace. Use it to sell/buy stuff whilst you and your friends adventure. Spend its points in barter/charm.

While I do love the option of being able to create my own character, I'd actually rather be able to use the old mod, but with the modifications that enable Jahan to trigger scripts/not die when the rest of the party does. If you have that mod lying around, it would be nice if you could upload it. The reason for this is the 4th person, really annoys me, and I can always just customize Jahan through some fiddling with code.

Perhaps it would be possible to add the option of talking to the 3rd and 4th player, and leaving them behind at the inn, much like you do with other hencemen? Or simply remove 1 character from the character creation screen?

Will it be possible to use the mod, and not start a new game when you release future updates?

EDIT: I managed to get the mod working with 3 players, and only 3 in the character creation screen as well. Everything works as it does in Tiaexz's mod. I'll keep it for my own use for now, I'll post it here if Tiaexz approves the mod. All credit goes to him of course.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. C
The issue is that while I can load "manually"... the f8 key doesn't seem to function... and when it does it crashes the game.

Just tried this now. Pressed 'f5' (quick save works) pressed 'f8' and it loaded (so that worked too).
Posted By: PeteNewell

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 06:38 PM

This looks awesome.

Is there any way to combine this with other existing mods - faster speed, persistent spellbooks, etc.?

Or is it pretty much one or the other for now?

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by PeteNewell
This looks awesome.

Is there any way to combine this with other existing mods - faster speed, persistent spellbooks, etc.?

Or is it pretty much one or the other for now?

The is a thread is explains on how to combine mods. Feel free to do it for personal usage.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 07:38 PM

I am going to boot up an Open game now in the Lobby. If you want to have a quick play session with me for testing purposes, please join.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 07:45 PM

Just tried this now. Pressed 'f5' (quick save works) pressed 'f8' and it loaded (so that worked too).

Well holy shit it did. It must've been something unrelated to your mod. I apologize.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 07:54 PM

Well holy shit it did. It must've been something unrelated to your mod. I apologize.

Some others are reporting it too. It might be related to 4 people being online using it or something. I don't know/unsure. I don't even touch the quick-save/quick-load function, so it should simply work as normal.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 25/07/14 08:04 PM

Known Issue:
Picking the same gender can cause character creation to throw a hissyfit.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 26/07/14 12:34 AM

There is a thread is explains on how to combine mods. Feel free to do it for personal usage.

So there is. My bad. Combines a treat with everything else I'm using.

Thanks.

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 26/07/14 06:55 AM

Turning the mod into 3 player mod instead of 4 player:

1. Download first part of mod

2. Place it in your documents mod folder like any other mod.

3. Download second part of mod

4. Place it in [your Divinity Original Sin]/data/mods folder, if you don't have this create it.

This will disable the fourth Source Hunter, both in the character creation screen, and ingame.

I'm not really comfortable with modding, hence the akward way of installing it. Maybe it works without the second part of the mod. All credit goes to Tiaexz, I only deleted a couple of things.
Posted By: Arainai

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 26/07/14 08:26 AM

Issue: Losing my additional attributes, talents, and abilities.
Area: General
Explanation: We re-loaded our game and two of the characters, not exactly the 3rd and 4th players, had base stats and no abilities or talents.

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 26/07/14 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Arainai
Issue: Losing my additional attributes, talents, and abilities.
Area: General
Explanation: We re-loaded our game and two of the characters, not exactly the 3rd and 4th players, had base stats and no abilities or talents.

I don't think this is related to the mod, you might wanna check out this: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=526196#Post526196

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 26/07/14 11:44 AM

It can also be linked to 'same gender' issue I reported. When it happened though, it seemed like spells didn't unlearn though, which is handy, as respending points only took a moment to fix.

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 26/07/14 11:57 AM

Saving Issue:

It seems a few are having a saving issue, I am not totally sure of the circumstances but the mod doesn't actually change anything related to the code, so this maybe an issue with the game itself.

Is it because players 3 and 4 are triggering story elements? Is it because you are on online-multiplayer? Try to recreate a log of details which led to the point where it simply stops.

If you also played roguelikes version, is the same issue happening in his?
Posted By: AndyJacko

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 26/07/14 12:35 PM

Hi Tiaexz

I thought i'd give a log of what happens a go to see if its useful. I have started new games with the mod activated, i have customised the characters and when the game has started tried to save as soon as the game starts on the beach. But when you type in the name for a new save it doesn't do anything when you press ok, the ok/cancel message remains though. If i try to load another game from here there is just a blank screen, then load screen doesn't happen.

If i try to overwrite an existing save it will ask if its ok, i press yes, the ok/cancel box disappears but there is no save. Again, quick save and quick load won't work.I have played up to Cyseal centre and it wouldn't save there either.

I have tried this with just whatever default characters the game sets (as in i didn't customise them at all) and the same happens.
I have also tried this in both Single Player and Multiplayer and tried saving as all four players selected. it is the same result.

However, with the mod deactivated and the game just running normally the saving/loading worked.

Hopefully this was useful and not just a waste of ten mins of your life!

Cheers
Posted By: AndyJacko

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 26/07/14 12:37 PM

i forgot, i also tried rougelikes version but i couldn't not get past the 2nd character creation stage. The camera just floated there and nothing came up to change them.

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 26/07/14 01:08 PM

Thanks Andy,

I just followed the steps you gave me.
- Created a new game (sp)(mod activated)
- Customized the characters and their names
- Quicked Saved and Normal Saved (both worked)
- Quick loaded.(worked)

I am unable to replicate the issue this way.

I have a theory why it might not be working when other people are in the game (it thinks Player 1 is Player 3) and I will change the script, but this shouldn't affect singleplayer.
Posted By: radament

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 27/07/14 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mace

4. Place it in [your Divinity Original Sin]/data/mod folder, if you don't have this create it.

This will disable the fourth Source Hunter, both in the character creation screen, and ingame.

I'm not really comfortable with modding, hence the akward way of installing it. Maybe it works without the second part of the mod. All credit goes to Tiaexz, I only deleted a couple of things.

ok i placed the 1st mod in documents mod folder and the other in data mod folder .

need i to place the FourPlay_0408f311-0e53-4ec1-82de-e34b229936b6 folder or the Globals & levels inside it?

tried both ways and seems not working.

anyways i'm trying to redo the process and i will tell you if it works.

***i think the folder should be "mods" instead of "mod" (the steam/divinty/data one) because now it's working (a little crash at char creation for my buddy but worked afterwars).

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 27/07/14 05:20 PM

You're completely right. My mistake, the folder should be named "mods", and not "mod". I've changed my message.

Glad to see you got it working nonetheless.

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 27/07/14 07:40 PM

I've played the mod with four players and it worked splendidly. No issues or significant glitches. In fact the going desire was for other mods to be packed into this one, preferably incresed difficulty mods.

Truth is you can get upto 6 characters... (but still only 4 players)... and that turns your party into a tiny raiding party.
Posted By: Daddi

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 27/07/14 09:32 PM

Will there be a third and fourth pyramid? Maybe porting to the first char?
Posted By: Mushi

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 28/07/14 01:15 PM

Really excited to get this to work!

When I load up the mod and go to the multiplayer, I can fully customize the first two characters, but the second two have some issues. They do not have skill points, you cannot change their passives, and because they don't have any skill points, they do not have any abilities. Is this a bug or is it intended/known issue?
Posted By: Locien

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 28/07/14 02:02 PM

I have same problem, they dont have any points while creating characters, but they will recive them on beach and because of that you have no skills.
Posted By: Mushi

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 28/07/14 03:54 PM

I figured it out, you get all the stuff on the beach when you load it up. Not sure why I didn't try that. You are stuck with the preset abilities for the class you choose though. (gotta make sure you put the skill points into the the correct stuff to gain access to them also.)

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 28/07/14 04:46 PM

Known issue when you create the first two as the same gender. Attempting to resolve it at the moment but it appears to be some hard coded oddity with the character creator.
Posted By: m33ts4k0z

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 28/07/14 05:06 PM

Issue: Quicksave/Quickload loop
Area: Everywhere
Explanation: When quicksaving, the game starts to quickload everytime a player alt+tabs the game. Autosave works fine. I don't know if this is a game issue or something else. Just wondering if you can suggest anything.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Corodix

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 28/07/14 06:04 PM

when trying the mod with two friends we also ran into the issue where we could assign skills points and such for characters 3 and 4 during creation (we indeed had 2 female characters in the first slots). At the same time we also ran into the issue that we could not save, could these be related?

When we tried it once more we did not have 2 female characters and did not run into issues, saving/loading also worked fine.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 28/07/14 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Corodix
when trying the mod with two friends we also ran into the issue where we could assign skills points and such for characters 3 and 4 during creation (we indeed had 2 female characters in the first slots). At the same time we also ran into the issue that we could not save, could these be related?

When we tried it once more we did not have 2 female characters and did not run into issues, saving/loading also worked fine.

Thanks for your answer. I just tried by creating 1/4 female characters and the problems are still there but only when alt+tabbing. Otherwise quicksave/load works fine.

Autosaves are still working fine though.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 28/07/14 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Corodix
At the same time we also ran into the issue that we could not save, could these be related?

Thank you, that is indeed related to the issue. I couldn't save at all when I followed what you said here.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 29/07/14 02:58 AM

Haven't seen that in single player, if that helps.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 29/07/14 08:29 AM

because noone in my group play female characters. Ive tried the mod btw, and it works perfectly.

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 29/07/14 05:05 PM

Guys am I the only one who is experiencing quickload loops?

EDIT: Oh well... I had a couple of other issues including the quickload loop issue... All my problems were gone after I run the game with admin rights...
Posted By: F5in

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 29/07/14 09:31 PM

Is there any way to disable just 1 of the extra characters so it becomes 3 player? My group has 3 people and we don't want to control a 4th member. Thanks!
Posted By: Aquarius

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 29/07/14 09:55 PM

@F5in

4. Place it in [your Divinity Original Sin]/data/mods folder, if you don't have this create it.

I tried and it works wink (but dont click on the blank name field of the 4th character, during charcter creation)
Posted By: F5in

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 29/07/14 10:43 PM

I followed those steps but it greys out single-player and multi-player when i try to make a new game.

EDIT: Oh, I'm retarded. I thought you had to keep the original mod file with all the other .paks, didn't realize you had to delete that when using Mace's mods.
Thanks laugh
Posted By: BragusiD

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 30/07/14 07:36 AM

hi i am new here i just wanted to know i just need to put the pax file in the game directory and is done i can play with my other friends?

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 30/07/14 07:54 AM

@Aquarius

I am by no means a modder, I'm actually a bit suprised that it worked myself wink So there might be a problem or two with the mod, which I have no control over.

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 30/07/14 10:46 AM

When a player is ressurected, the body sometimes dissapear for the other players, resulting in a moving helmet and armor (except for the player who threw the ress scroll)

Anyone else experience this?

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 30/07/14 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by olje
When a player is ressurected, the body sometimes dissapear for the other players, resulting in a moving helmet and armor (except for the player who threw the ress scroll)

Anyone else experience this?

That is a bug with the game itself. I have experienced this unmodded.

I am half-hoping Larian say they returned from Holiday and magically fixed the code. For example, I script "edit player 3" and it edits player 1. So I move the models around and change it to "edit player 3" and it edits the (new) player 1 again.

It is the equal of clicking "My Documents" and having windows open up "Recycle Bin", then renaming the shortcut to "Recycle Bin" then when you click it, it opens "My Documents".

These bugs make absolutely no logical sense.
Posted By: Aquarius

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 30/07/14 07:14 PM

@Aquarius

I am by no means a modder, I'm actually a bit suprised that it worked myself wink So there might be a problem or two with the mod, which I have no control over.

Tiaexz and you have done a very good job and it's normal there are some little things to fix wink

Hope the modder community grow up fast..

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 02/08/14 08:22 AM

Dreykar created and posted this handy guide to installing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI3aVUh3dNQ
Posted By: jansuuta

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 03/08/14 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Aquarius
@F5in

I tried and it works wink (but dont click on the blank name field of the 4th character, during charcter creation)

Thanks also for this 3-player variant, Mace. We got it working, but also noticed that you should not touch skills for 3rd character in character generation, but stick with the default ones. If you edit character there it does not show the points for traits etc.

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 04/08/14 10:17 AM

@jansuuta

We noticed this too, I can see that I should have put it into the post. It is a bit of a hazzle, I have no clue how to fix it I'm afraid. You'll have to buy skill books when you get into town, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 04/08/14 01:50 PM

If you add a modified SkillSet.txt file in the Data\Public\(mod)\Stats\Generated folder, you can assign whatever starting skills you want to the class you want the third character to have. Then you just select that class and Wallah!

The reference you need to do this correctly is in this post:
Player Skills (140) for LSTools.

All hail to Adnan008 for the reference.

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 04/08/14 03:49 PM

I got a reply from LarSeb in regards to an old request I did.
Unfortunately I can't share the project file (.fla).
But we are working on adding support to the character creation UI for more players so this will be fixed in the future.

Hopefully the future is soon rather than later, but it seems like their solution would fix a lot of the issues people have been experiencing.

Due to this, I will be concentrating on the Story elements whilst Larian do their magic and update the mod for that when that gets done.
Posted By: molerat92

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 06/08/14 02:08 PM

Me and 2 friends were playing with the 3 player variant that Mace posted and we crashed when leandra is supposed to appear in the luculla mines temple. We tried loading older saves to fix the crash eventually leading to a 5 hour old save before the fight with king boreas, and it still crashed. Just wondering what people's opinions are about it.
Posted By: Tion_3

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 07/08/14 12:37 PM

@molarat92

Just to bump and confirm this, we have this problem with leandra not appearing in the mines and game crashing when playing Mace's 3 player mod too. We cant progress any further. Finally someone else commented on this bug and I very much would like to know how to fix it.

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 07/08/14 05:27 PM

Uh, sounds not so nice if that happens to all with the three player mod created by Mace, so should we restart the whole game with traditional 2 player then? Has anyone gotten past that point?
Posted By: Sildur

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 09/08/14 01:10 PM

It works fine here, I ain't using the 3player mod from mace through, I use a hacked main.pak file instead (to play with 3 ppl) as I feel like it's WAY less buggy then a mod.
Posted By: Korangy

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 09/08/14 01:14 PM

If you change a file SkillSet.txt in the Data \ Public \ (mod) \ Data \ folder is created add, you can have some skills you want from the class that you want to assign. Third person Me and two friends were playing with the variant 3 players Mace shown and we fell Leandra is supposed to appear in the temple mines Luculla. We tried to charge more stops at the accident eventually leading to a save 5 hours ago before the fight with King Boreas repair and crashed again. I wondered what people's opinions are on this. Turn Translator About Google Translate Mobile Community Help Privacy Send feedback
Click to edit alternative translations and see

From
http://www.smallsectionalsofa.net

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 09/08/14 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sildur
It works fine here, I ain't using the 3player mod from mace through, I use a hacked main.pak file instead (to play with 3 ppl) as I feel like it's WAY less buggy then a mod.

Where to get this?

I suppose it is not possible switch from mace's mod to this without starting over, or? If it isn't some guru could fix this bug with Mace's pls wink

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 10/08/14 08:09 AM

How far into the game is this? Sounds like it is rather far.

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 10/08/14 06:52 PM

Yes, it does indeed, which makes me worry. Maybe molerat92 and Tion_3 can eloborate this themselves as they have faced the same bug, but no heavy spoilers please.
Posted By: Fisher

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 11/08/14 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bazerand
I assume its related to me being a big fat cheater and giving all of my characters lone wolf.

Yes, this is a known issue.

Does this mean none of the four source hunters can have Lonewolf, or only two? EDIT: After trying it out myself, it gives me the message but doesn't actually do anything other than that. Will this cause problems later on?

Personally, I think it'd be pretty neat if there were more companions to choose from and your max party size was eight. Four source hunters, four companions. Possibly add a donkey companion whose sole purpose is to carry stuff. Can help in combat, but it's not a good idea to use them for that.

... or maybe I'm trying to make this game too much like Dungeon Siege. A party size of eight really would make the game very trivial. Perhaps a mod that not only increased the max party size, but the average number of creatures to compensate?

Or perhaps just a change to Lonewolf in general. I mostly pick it up for the bonus Ability Points. Of course the AP is nice too, but 2 AP per turn only allows me to cast one more ability every couple of turns.

If there's a way to change the negative effects of the Talent, that'd be awesome. Or make "All Skilled Up" grant 1 extra ability point per level and just remove Lone Wolf? I have no idea, just spitballing here.
Posted By: Arhu

Re: [Mod] FourPlay - 12/08/14 08:35 PM

Guys! This mod sounds excellent and is exactly what I was looking for. Need to try it out. Great job, Tiaexz.

I'd like to play with three characters (Lady, Mage, Knight ;)) and character planning just doesn't work the way I want without three Source Hunters. Lone Wolf with three main characters would probably indeed be overpowered, but I'm wondering if there's a way to keep the higher ability points count? 49 max is great for 4 characters, but with 2 or 3 there should be at least some scaling, IMO.

What do you have in mind for the dialogues, Tiaexz? Are you writing the new ones yourself or how will that work?
Posted By: Caj

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 12/08/14 11:11 PM

How do you get this to work with the GOG version? I put it in the Divinity - Original Sin/data folder and it did nothing.

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 13/08/14 01:16 PM

Some things have been keeping me occupied IRL so I thought it was best to keep in here to say any progress is currently Paused.

Apologies for any disappointment.
Posted By: Arvian

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 15/08/14 02:40 AM

I use Mace mod and also get the crash when I am in the mine temple. I found out that the bug is because of the 2nd stair from the temple gate in luculla mine and there is a way to move on without using that stair. The solution is using a teleportation spell( not self-teleportation like ranger or fighter dive) and teleport all the player onto the second floor without touching the stair. I have finished the mine and now move on the next area. Hope that help you guys.

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 16/08/14 06:31 AM

Interesting, so there is luckily a workaround through the bug. Any problems like that since you passed it?

Does the stair trigger some sort of dialogue or something? Hopefully this still get fixed without having to use such tricks.
Posted By: Arvian

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 16/08/14 01:55 PM

I don't know, but as soon as my char reaches the stair, the game stops working and closes. I have finished the game, no prob.

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 17/08/14 11:58 AM

That is promising, thanks!

Could you supply Mace a savegame where this crash happens as he asked about it?
Posted By: Torque

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 23/08/14 06:17 AM

Hello!

So I got my friend interested in the game and we'll try to play it with this mod tomorrow.

Question, when it comes to character creation, could we do 2 characters each or will someone of us have to make all 4 and then assign 2 of them ingame? I've been playing this mod up to level 15 without any issues what so ever, but then its single player. Not even sure how multiplayer works! :P

Thanks for the mod btw, I love the oldschool way of making your whole party yourself.
Posted By: Omnion

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 23/08/14 09:51 AM

im getting the save issues (quicksave doesn't work, and trying to save games just does nothing i click OK 100 times and it does nothing.) also the 3rd and 4th characters lose their abilities every time upon loading the map, the switch up in character creation leaves you unable to see the person on the left when trying to customize their features. i playing single player, i ave duplicated the result 5 times, before i gave up and turned off the game, because i wanted to make a male knight and a female wizard, and didn't want to be stuck with two knights and two wizards, because those are the only companions in the game i tried to make a female rogue and cleric for slots 3 and 4 renaming the rogue cleric and knight and got the issue described above. i customized the appearance of the rogue cleric and knight as well. i tried again not changing any genders, but making a male knight with customized appearance and name, and a female rogue no customization, then a male cleric and female wizard both customized, same issue. then i tried a male uncustomized cleric, and uncustomized female rogue, followed by a customized male knight and female wizard, same issue.

for me the game in unplayable until i can make the party i want, because i refuse to build my main characters around their companions to have the party set up I desire
Posted By: Sethox

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 24/08/14 12:21 PM

The creation of this mod is the core of my wishes for this game. But Lone Wolf game me a bad headache in the original 2 player mode (co-op). To be honest it needs a boost than anything. The game is hard as it is (playing on the hardest difficulty), as soon we get multiple enemies it gets annoying, fun but annoying. But my point being, Lone Wolf has a big sacrifice and the difficulty has a big impact on you already thanks to the enemy AI. If anything I think that 2 extra character should automatically have no partners because it be too many on the screen and a LONG wait per turn.

With that said, what really needs balancing is blocking, 100% damage reduction with only durability lowered. I always thought, the amount of damage you give is the force and skill/technique you have. So you parry the attack with no consequence is kind of dull. If possible depending on your percentage/number of your block, strength, defense rating, weapon/shield, willpower and luck/critical value (luck gives you a higher chance of getting a higher roll value) you should get a higher fatigue on the amount of hits you block (the more you block constantly, the higher your fatigue gets but get refreshed during time).
The thought process is that you cannot block everything without taking SOME damage of some sort.
That can be the balance Lone Wolf needs, sure you get powerful fast but the longer the game goes, you will be outnumbered and surrounded and cannot take the punch the enemy delivers.

Note: Kingdom Hearts did that, you can choose if you want to level up fast in the beginning or the opposite way.

P.S.
About blocking, my partner co-op player has a tank that can block 35% of the time, which is a low number but you block more than you think, add that 100% damage reduction with willpower, the resistance of the elements and on occasion some buffs it becomes a man of steel that absorb the direct damage even if you gotten surrounded and thanks to the heal skill Man-of-Arms has and the HP he has on the character, he can withstand anything. It sounds incredible but like I said, if you get surrounded with multiple enemies they will take you down eventually thanks to the mechanic of multiple enemies has. 1 strong hero won't beat multiple enemies without sacrifices, not alone.
Posted By: windshapes

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 15/09/14 08:34 PM

Hey Tiaexz,

I've been playing a lot with 3 friends thanks to your mod it was really fun.

Well, currently we are not able to load/join the game with FourPlay, but we assume that is a just a little side-effect of divinity last patch...

I have noticed that you have hidden the file on nexusmod and I would like to know if you plan to fix the mod or not.

No pressure here, just want to know if we have to start all over or not haha :D

thanks.
Posted By: Scavar

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 30/09/14 05:03 AM

Darn, still no update to this huh? Alas I must suffer.
Posted By: chobo

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 30/10/14 06:11 PM

would be fixed in the new patch now?

can't even find the download anymore :<
Posted By: Phalzyr

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 30/10/14 08:26 PM

I think the nexus mods website itself is down at the moment frown

EDIT, seems DNS server says it can't resolve it, they forget to renew domain name?

EDIT: Now that their DNS is fixed we need to wait on update for latest patch.... Wonder when that will be laugh
Posted By: chobo

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 31/10/14 10:25 PM

I really hope it gets fixed soon, I got two other friends and we want to play new story !
Posted By: Waltc

Re: [Mod][Beta] FourPlay - 03/11/14 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Omnion
...(litany of major problems caused by the mod)...

...for me the game in unplayable until i can make the party i want, because i refuse to build my main characters around their companions to have the party set up I desire

Got to say that this viewpoint is indecipherable to me. The game is "unplayable" for you because you have injected mod code into it which seeks to alter the fundamental structure of the game as it is intended for play by its authors & programmers. Many RPGs allow for the player to set up his party according to the ideas you've espoused here, but it must be noted that many RPGs also do things *differently* from your interpretation of "old school"...and yet they are no less "RPGs" for having done so. IE, there is no set-in-granite, single-rule, cookie-cutter textbook for an RPG adventure to follow, thank goodness.

In this case, the changes the mod is attempting to hack into the game structure don't even make sense as far as I can see. The game is deliberately and purposefully written so that the player does *not* begin the game with a pre-made party that was assembled in all the particulars before the actual start of the game and its plot progressions. Rather, only two such players are meant to start from scratch while the rest are picked up along the way according to the player's choices.

By attempting to force more than two players into the game from the start, all that has happened is that the situations and choices created later in the game in order to accent and facilitate the player *adding* team members to the party as desired are *nullified.* The mod removes the foundational reasons for the additions of those players, and in the process renders much of the developing game a waste of time and investigative energy.

Further, when acting "alone" in the earlier parts of the game, the starting characters are purposefully subjected to circumstances that, when navigated successfully, contribute to the advancement of the initial players at a rate far in excess of what, say, a beginning party of four members might expect, since the rewards are meant to be divvied up among two members instead of four members. The game is balanced and set up to play through according to its beginning plot structures, and so those are better left alone to avoid with potentially catastrophic game-breaking results, as you have already discovered.

There are plenty of RPGs that allow the player to fully assemble a complete if inexperienced party before the actual adventure begins, and I'd strongly advise playing one of them instead of taking a wonderful game like this and bashing it to pieces trying to get it to follow conventions and plots and rules Original Sin was never intended to follow...

Of course, there are no "hard & fast" rules to modding, either...;) You can, if desired, essentially mod any given game to do and be anything other than what it was designed to do and be. At least theoretically. But some changes are simply more logical and more desirable than others, strictly due to the odds greatly favoring the success of the mod taking the course of the least natural resistance to the original game...!...:) For instance, as far as ambitious Original Sin mods go, these two are certainly worthy contenders in terms of making major changes to the game:

1) Modding D:OS to allow the player to start the game with four fully customized party members instead of six;
2) Modding D:OS to support a fully functioning, in-depth day/night cycle.

I believe the second choice above would be the one with actually the best chance of successful completion, chiefly because it seeks to challenge or change *nothing* fundamental about the game, and simply adds to the already-established superstructure of the game itself. I see the first choice above as far more difficult and time consuming because it would necessitate basic changes to the game itself, the ramifications of which would of necessity be felt all the way through the game. The first mod I, personally, would discourage; but the second I would be likely to undertake myself...;)

© 2020 Larian Studios forums