Larian Studios
Posted By: Darth_Trethon Force Fields and pendants bugged? - 04/07/14 09:26 AM
I did the lever puzzles in the twin caves and got the square and round pendants but when I try to place them on the pedestals asking for rectangular and round objects respectively I cannot drop them on the damn pedestals even though I can place pretty much everything else on them including robes and other trash so WTF? I'm damn sure those pendants have to be the solution but they don't work.
Posted By: Earawen Re: Force Fields and pendants bugged? - 04/07/14 10:37 AM
So i assume ur drag-dropping them out of your inventory? And the correct amulet on the correct pedestal?

Because yeah thats how u do it (worked for me)

If it doesnt, u could throw 1 pyramid through the barrier, adn just tp over.
Posted By: CWagner Re: Force Fields and pendants bugged? - 04/07/14 10:50 AM
What worked for me was throwing the pendants on the ground, picking them up again and placing them on the pedestal afterwards.
Some kind of minor bug I assume. I also moved the 2nd char they had with them to the far side to minimize the chance of them blocking anything wink
Posted By: Darth_Trethon Re: Force Fields and pendants bugged? - 04/07/14 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by CWagner
What worked for me was throwing the pendants on the ground, picking them up again and placing them on the pedestal afterwards.
Some kind of minor bug I assume. I also moved the 2nd char they had with them to the far side to minimize the chance of them blocking anything wink

Dropping and picking up worked but only with Scarlett, nothing would fix Roderick so I just had Scarlett place both pendants and I got through....but this is something they got to fix.
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Force Fields and pendants bugged? - 09/07/14 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by CWagner

Dropping and picking up worked but only with Scarlett, nothing would fix Roderick so I just had Scarlett place both pendants and I got through....but this is something they got to fix.

I just wanted to confirm that this is still not fixed.

Edit: It works if you only lay the amulets above the stones. That's actually not what you expect since the stone shows the interaction cogs and you would expect that it would automatically interact with the amulet.
Posted By: Hiver Re: Force Fields and pendants bugged? - 09/07/14 06:15 PM

What bugs me is that i cannot sell those pendants afterwards.

Since they are quest related items they never show in trading inventory... and i thought i pulled one over everyone else. :grumpy bone:

Never had other problems with them though. In latest version it seemed like it takes some careful aiming and positioning of the inventory window on the screen but it functioned quickly so i didnt pay much attention after that.

Posted By: Hassat Hunter Re: Force Fields and pendants bugged? - 09/07/14 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Edit: It works if you only lay the amulets above the stones. That's actually not what you expect since the stone shows the interaction cogs and you would expect that it would automatically interact with the amulet.

Pretty much every item in your inventory you combine with the world works as that.
The cogs are just there for the dialog.

So I guess we can count this as a non-bug now?
© Larian Studios forums