Larian Studios
Posted By: whyibs Murder quest help! - 18/07/14 01:15 AM
Hello,

I used the search function first but I didn't want to run into spoilers so please bear me with me if this answer is out there.

When doing the Murder quest chain, I tried to intimidate the mortician but failed, now he won't talk so I have to find an alternative way to progress with the story.

My question is the following:

Is it possible to PROGRESS from that point WITHOUT committing any act of theft/breaking and entering? I'm supposed to look for evidence but my characters abide by the law, so anything in red is a no-no.

Please let me know if it's possible but DO NOT give me the solution, ill spend a few more hours trying to find it!

Thanks!!!
Posted By: Ailurophile Re: Murder quest help! - 18/07/14 01:35 AM
Good question.

If there is a way to fully complete this without at least one B&E, I have not found it yet.
Posted By: Isiil Re: Murder quest help! - 18/07/14 03:03 AM
absolutely. one of my runs i skipped the mortician completely and nothing impeded me at all with the case. (usually i'll murder him just for fun and so the legion guard can say some vigillante came and took the law into their own hands =D ) The game runs so dynamically that there can usually be a few ways to attack and solve the missions
Posted By: whyibs Re: Murder quest help! - 18/07/14 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Isiil
absolutely. one of my runs i skipped the mortician completely and nothing impeded me at all with the case. (usually i'll murder him just for fun and so the legion guard can say some vigillante came and took the law into their own hands =D ) The game runs so dynamically that there can usually be a few ways to attack and solve the missions

But did you do this without any breaking and entering and/or stealing?

B&E = Entering locked room that you're not "supposed" to go in to because the door is red instead of yellow.
Posted By: lordfiSh Re: Murder quest help! - 18/07/14 02:35 PM
Its not possible.
"any act of theft/breaking and entering"... wtf?
Posted By: whyibs Re: Murder quest help! - 18/07/14 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by lordfiSh
Its not possible.
"any act of theft/breaking and entering"... wtf?

Was trying to do a full "Lawman" play through, where they never steal or go in anyone's home they are not 'invited' into.
Posted By: Leo81792 Re: Murder quest help! - 18/07/14 02:44 PM
How on earth are you making any money by not stealing all that gold plateware, cups, paintings, and utensils? lol
Posted By: whyibs Re: Murder quest help! - 18/07/14 02:49 PM
Bartering skill + questing.. my characters aren't in full gear but so far I haven't found myself needing money nor under geared laugh

We'll see if it stays that way!
Posted By: Daris Re: Murder quest help! - 18/07/14 04:27 PM
As far as I can tell it's impossible to finish this quest without doing anything illegal. You either have to enter Person A's cellar to find things and get information, which leads to some events that give you access to Person B's house and an item you need to finish the murder case, or you have to enter Person B's locked house.

Also, given the part you just got done with, you already seem to have done some graverobbing. So there ;P
Posted By: Ailurophile Re: Murder quest help! - 18/07/14 05:12 PM
Yeah isn't digging up graves illegal?

hehe
Posted By: whyibs Re: Murder quest help! - 18/07/14 06:54 PM
Great point guys. Thank you Daris I imagined as much was needed to complete the quest both cellar and person B's house as you mentioned I was just trying to avoid the breaking and entering on both ends.

I suppose I could look at it as "necessary" since no one will ever hand over evidence of them being guilty anyways.

Thanks for help to all!

/thread
© Larian Studios forums