Larian Studios
Posted By: toxicunderGroov Questions and gear - 18/07/14 02:35 PM
So i've made it as far as lvl 17 but i'm still walking around in gear that's lvl 4 to 12. I've been really unlucky with gear drops i guess --I've picked up crafting a while back hoping to use up some of those ingredients ive been saving up since the beginning of the game, but spending 30mins every single time i want to craft something (emptying homebox, transferring it all back etc) is getting annoying. So i was planning on using it all and sell everything besides some ruby's. My question;

How do i make rare/legendary gear? How do i make plate bracers/helmets. Can i add resistances/stats to plate boots/helmet/bracers. So far i've managed to add ruby's/essences to plate armor with some +2 strength/dex but this doesn't cut it vs stuff that drops/u can buy.

Am i suppose to use crafting purely to improve what i find/buy while being able to use 'common'(white) weapons/armor/boots each time i level up or is there more too it? I've checked the CR/BS topic but it 'seems' limited.
Posted By: Isiil Re: Questions and gear - 18/07/14 03:17 PM
there are a few threads in here which outline most or all known crafting recipes. if not most, then a gigantic amount.

it seems like crafting is exactly what is needed for end game or reasonably leveled stuff. or you can farm bosses for legendaries too
Posted By: n3m3c1s Re: Questions and gear - 18/07/14 03:21 PM
You should be scouting particular vendors by your level.
Items of level 16+ i believe start having +2 of certain stats. It's at this point I start replacing some of the better legendaries I found earlier in the game.

Crafting I've found is best for weapon creation and armor/weapon enhancement.
The biggest benefit being adding resistances.

AFAIK you cannot craft legendary items. Though crafting skill books and enhancing your equipment certainly makes it worth investing in a crafter/blacksmith.
© Larian Studios forums