Larian Studios
Posted By: Deathfromace Money Bug [Solved....sort of] - 28/08/14 03:28 AM
I just made this post on the steam forums but I've been told no one on the Dev team really reads those and I can't blame them for that as the community is not the best but anyways I finally ran into a bug.

I just got done with the Mangoth battle and headed to town to sell some items. I just talked to the vendor to sell items and I switched between each of my characters selling items. I noticed I was not getting the money needed and I even thought I forgot to hit balance so I would actually trade my items for money but that is not the case. I'm just not getting money at all.

First off I have not had this issue at any time during my playtime and I have never modded my game or messed with any of the files.

I made a quick video to show how the issue is working on me picking money up and giving money to myself.

Video to bug - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0wvm05QNEI&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Saw http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=547733#Post547733 after I made this and checked to see if I had a bag or anything and I don't. I also tried waiting and going to other locations but nothing fixed my issue.
Posted By: Raze Re: Money Bug - 28/08/14 03:51 AM

Is this happening with all your characters, or just the one?

Could you have gold in the chest in Deathfromace's inventory, that some of the gold added is stacking with?

I try to check the Steam discussions periodically, but have been too busy elsewhere to follow closely. Hopefully that will change soon.
Posted By: Deathfromace Re: Money Bug - 28/08/14 03:53 AM
I found the issue by rereading the other thread I linked to in my edit and it seems a chest I picked up in act one in the graveyard is/was the cause. For some reason it just suddenly started causing issues with money but as soon as I threw the chest down my issue was fixed. Now I am wondering if it's a bug with money just disappearing because it has not been happening but I also want to know if my money started to go into the chest but I never found out how to open it !
Posted By: Raze Re: Money Bug - 28/08/14 04:03 AM

There are a series of chests and keys to be found in the graveyard (see here).
Posted By: Deathfromace Re: Money Bug - 28/08/14 04:07 AM
I just went back to the graveyard and saw all the chest so this might have been one of the ones I picked up in the boss fight in the church. I have yet to find a key and I can't just lava to break it open so at the moment I can't open it to find out. Maybe I can send it to my homestead and try again later.
Posted By: Raze Re: Money Bug - 28/08/14 04:10 AM

Is it a named chest? That would help confirm where it came from and find out how to open it.
Posted By: Deathfromace Re: Money Bug - 28/08/14 04:17 AM
Sadly it's just named Ornate Chest and I can't recall exactly where I picked it up as it's been in my inventory for some time I do want to say the last time I picked one up was the church fight but I can't be 100% on that.

Either way we know chests are the cause of the bug laugh
© Larian Studios forums