Larian Studios
Posted By: Disorient D:OS 2 Early Acces MAC OSX? - 11/09/16 10:03 AM
I was wondering if Divinity: Original Sin II will be released in early acces on MAC OSX too?
If not on the 15th of september maybe later down the line?
Posted By: Raze Re: D:OS 2 Early Acces MAC OSX? - 11/09/16 10:36 AM

Currently it is Windows only. Other platforms may be announced later.
Posted By: MotionGear Re: D:OS 2 Early Acces MAC OSX? - 12/09/16 06:53 AM
I have a PC and a MacBook and when i'm at a friends place i bring my Mac with me to play games with them.
If I buy the early access on PC now on Steam, do I have to buy the game again when the Mac release comes out? I am planning to play 4 player co-op together in one house.
Posted By: Raze Re: D:OS 2 Early Acces MAC OSX? - 12/09/16 07:27 AM

If you buy the game on Steam (or GOG, when available) that will include the OSX and Linux releases, if and when the game is ported to those platforms. You would not have to re-buy it.

The initial Early Access release will not include gamepad support or local split screen co-op (those functions still need to be updated for D:OS 2).
Posted By: MotionGear Re: D:OS 2 Early Acces MAC OSX? - 12/09/16 08:27 AM
Great Thank you Raze!!!
Posted By: theflightless Re: D:OS 2 Early Acces MAC OSX? - 14/09/16 11:51 AM
Yo speak about estimated dates for mac osx release.
Posted By: Raze Re: D:OS 2 Early Acces MAC OSX? - 14/09/16 05:38 PM

There is no estimate, and currently an OSX release has not been announced. The focus is on developing the game; other platforms may be announced later in development, or after release.
Posted By: Disorient Re: D:OS 2 Early Acces MAC OSX? - 01/12/17 01:55 PM
Hello!
It's been about 14 months since I originally posted this. I've been a big fan of the original game and I supported both through kickstarter. Now it's been 1 year+ and I sadly haven't had a chance to play yet. (Apart from PVP, which I really enjoyed, at a Belgian event (Facts))

Is there any update on the mac release? I've been dying to play ever since the early acces was announced.
I sadly cannot play on windows computer.

Hope you can give me some info!
Thank you smile
Posted By: eLPuSHeR Re: D:OS 2 Early Acces MAC OSX? - 01/12/17 06:49 PM
Even if I do not own a Mac computer, I would like to see D:OS2 ported to other platforms and probably the option for Vulkan API or something like that. It would be awesome.
Posted By: theBlackDragon Re: D:OS 2 Early Acces MAC OSX? - 07/12/17 12:02 PM
If D:OS1 is anything to go by I wouldn't get my hopes up. Last time cross-platform development clearly wasn't taken into account when choosing the tools/libraries for the game, which made porting much harder than it could have been and which they received quite a bit of flak for.

Given how they have gone out of their way not to commit to any other platforms I fear this time is no different, not to mention that many people on other platforms still appear to be sour due to how things went last time (resulting in an even smaller potential market than the first time around, I imagine).

If you really want to play the game I'd recommend trying to get access to a Windows machine somewhere (or use some virtualisation tool on your Mac)
© Larian Studios forums