Larian Studios
I've seen my companions, while out of combat, running straight into hazardous surfaces and/or keep on sitting in them. In first D:OS AI was good enough to avoid them. Will this be fixed in D:OS2?
Currently? No, they will accidentally walk into toxic materials.
I've noticed this too, and I hope they'll address this in a future update. D:OS handled path finding and hazard avoidance alot better.
I hope so, nothing more annoying to get out of combat unscathed then have to revive 2 people since they went into damage zones when the fight was over and died.
It seems to be a mixed bag I have seen both an NPC and a PC on auto pathing avoid a field and then run through another.

Additionally both NPC and PC seem to have problems with multiple tiered ladder based pathing. When going from a far point to a far point I have repeatedly gotten my party stuck because they refused to go down the ladders. When manually telling them to go down to the next level they will do so but then go back up to group up with the controlled character. Some ladders I had to split the entire party and hold their hand the entire way down.

NPCs seem to have the same issue I bugged the Dweller encounter where the 2 bottom level NPCs would just run around confused and the 2 on the T2 platform couldnt get los and didnt climb the ladder and just stood there.
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
I hope so, nothing more annoying to get out of combat unscathed then have to revive 2 people since they went into damage zones when the fight was over and died.

That bothers me even more since money is hard to come by (at least I think so), the resurrection scrolls expensive (and not easily found either) and it's so incredibly stupid and unneccessary to stupidly die of something that could have easily been avoided.

I don't think they step on traps the rouge uncovers, but that could be dumb luck.
© Larian Studios forums