Larian Studios
Posted By: Lynoa Tags and character creation - 05/10/16 04:49 PM
Hey.
Maybe it is just me, but when creating a character and wanting to use tags, I do not know what which tag does.
It wold be nice to have a tooltip as to what it means to be an outlaw. What does is change when playing? I mean I could interprete the word and what it might mean, but a general overview would be nice.
What do you guys think?
Posted By: SlamPow Re: Tags and character creation - 05/10/16 05:00 PM
Yeah, that would be nice. A little blurb about what exactly is meant.

+1
Posted By: CharityDiary Re: Tags and character creation - 05/10/16 05:03 PM
I'd prefer if the tag system was done away with entirely, to be honest. Those attributes could be earned in-game through specific actions or dialogue choices, instead of just picking them at the very start smirk
Posted By: SacredDark Re: Tags and character creation - 05/10/16 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by CharityDiary
I'd prefer if the tag system was done away with entirely, to be honest. Those attributes could be earned in-game through specific actions or dialogue choices, instead of just picking them at the very start smirk

Might make the dialogue a bit clunky if you have about 8 different options for tags and the 2-4 tagless options.
Posted By: CharityDiary Re: Tags and character creation - 05/10/16 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by SacredDark

Might make the dialogue a bit clunky if you have about 8 different options for tags and the 2-4 tagless options.

Remember the Attribute system from D:OS1? Where conversations could earn you like Pragmatic or Romantic or whatever? Could be that way with D:OS2. Conversations wouldn't have 8 tag options each, maybe a few tagless options, and one or two tagged options.
Posted By: Luuin Re: Tags and character creation - 05/10/16 06:18 PM
I like it, gives weight to a backstory on custom characters. You were a scholar/noble, instead of becoming one as you play.
Posted By: Lynoa Re: Tags and character creation - 05/10/16 07:10 PM
Well maybe I am wrong but as far as I know you can not only choose tags at the beginning but also because of your actions and dialouge choices. But even if you get it because of your actions, it would be good to have some explanation about it.
Posted By: SlamPow Re: Tags and character creation - 05/10/16 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lynoa
Well maybe I am wrong but as far as I know you can not only choose tags at the beginning but also because of your actions and dialouge choices. But even if you get it because of your actions, it would be good to have some explanation about it.

I believe you are right. I recall this specifically being mentioned. The example given was the "Arena Champion" tag. I imagine "The One" will be a tag similar to this by the time the game comes out.
Posted By: SacredDark Re: Tags and character creation - 05/10/16 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by SacredDark

Remember the Attribute system from D:OS1? Where conversations could earn you like Pragmatic or Romantic or whatever? Could be that way with D:OS2. Conversations wouldn't have 8 tag options each, maybe a few tagless options, and one or two tagged options.

Well ye but it still results in less dialogue options which seems to be why the tag system exists in the first place.
Posted By: Kalrakh Re: Tags and character creation - 06/10/16 12:40 AM
Tags just offer specific answers in specific conversations. Some will open you more informations, some could make the NPC just shut up and stop talking with you. I can help you with doing roleplay and changing the immersion. Noble is mostly an asshole, hardly anyone likes him and Rogue offers some insight you otherwise would not get. Sebille will make you kille the Warrior skills vendor in Fort Joy.
© Larian Studios forums