Larian Studios
Posted By: Cdoze Dual Wield v Single Hand and scoundrel build - 15/09/17 06:25 PM
Hey all,

Wanting to make a scoundrel build, but trying to find a good build after the update.

I originally thought I would make a 1-handed scoundrel with ambidextrous for bombs. Maybe dip in to polymorph. However, 1h weapons cost 2AP for a basic attack now and my scoundrel felt very weak.

Now I'm rethinking and would love anyones advice. Here are some thoughts:

Dual wield for more damage per AP?
1h and bombs worth the talent and drop in dps?
Stay pure scoundrel or dip into polymorph? Maybe hunter?
Are scoundrels still leading dps or do they fill a different role?

What are you guys doing with your scoundrels?
It seems you need polymorph anyway, because scoundrel don't have a stealth skill anymore.

Running around throwing grenades does not fit that well to a scoundrel, I think. They are all about getting behind enemies and backstabbing them, so dualwield would offer more damage.

For the early game probably better take a bow and special arrows, if it is to dangerous to go in directly.
Any reason for a rogue to go single handed?

Would you divide points in ranged weapons and dual wield? Or just use the bow as a backup and to drop down elements?
You could go huntsman for hight advantage with ranged weapon and ranged skills like Throwing Knife and perhaps some hunter skills. But you will hardly need much there. ^^
i tried doing the 1 handed. I was planning to do a mix with range.. but 1 handed sucks. Switch to 2 handed (without any extra points in it) made me finally like the "scoundrel"

but, i changed from the basic, and when geo instead of poly. I was undead and thought the heal/poison thing would work out. smile
But i just fought a real rouge with poly and he was amazing.
At the start of Act II you get a free reroll.. so i'm going to change it around. smile
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
It seems you need polymorph anyway, because scoundrel don't have a stealth skill anymore.

Did Larian remove the ability to Sneak completely? Sneaking was a thing in the beta. It was there before Invisibility Spells were.

We are talking about stealth, not sneaking. Sneaking is remains a broken mechanic, I would hardly use in combat anyway.
It does seem that sneaking is now rather ineffective, which is a pity as it's usually one of my main things in most video games. Oh well.
A sneaky grenadier with the ability to backstab or drop toy bombs then restealth was really nice in DoS:EE, but I don't feel like it'll work near as well in DoS 2 for a few reasons.

Grenades have like 30% of the radius they did in DoS:EE so it'll be less effective there.

There's less ingredients around to craft grenades with. I could easily make 50+ firebombs in the first act of DoS:EE just from all the empty bottles lying around.

You'll need at least 3 talents to make it work if you want to move, throw a couple grenades, and restealth on the same round. Ambidextrous, glass cannon, and the pawn. I don't know it might be worth a shot, I think the tiny radius on grenades is probably the biggest downside to trying this in DoS 2. As for single vs dual wield, no idea.
© Larian Studios forums