Larian Studios
Posted By: Magicofire2 Blood Rose bugged? - 16/09/17 11:28 AM
I picked up the Blood Rose near Kniles but it's just called 'Rose' and I can't combine it with an empty potion bottle like I could in EA. Is this a bug or is this intended?

I havent gotten the roses in the cave, so dunno about them.
Posted By: Ellezard Re: Blood Rose bugged? - 16/09/17 11:32 AM
They removed that along with the teleport book in the magister bed room. Maybe +1 stat at the start of the game was considered too much for them, not to mention that if you do drink it before the Arena quest, the darn quest will still cleanse you of everything you have.

So yeah, that's either a nerf or a bandage fix to prevent you from running into that bug.
Posted By: Magicofire2 Re: Blood Rose bugged? - 16/09/17 11:47 AM
Weird. I still found a book called 'The legend of the Blood Rose' and a rat told me about the Blood Roses and that I should go to the cave with the witch to find them. I'll agree that the +1 permastat bonus was busted but this is the laziest fix ever...
Posted By: MAsterX Re: Blood Rose bugged? - 16/09/17 12:16 PM
The last EA had that as well. It had only 1 "true" bloodrose the one from Radeka.
Posted By: Luuin Re: Blood Rose bugged? - 16/09/17 03:21 PM
And even that is still bugged. If you make the elixir the perma buff it gives you will randomly disappear. They really need to make it a talent to stop that from happening.

"Blood of the Rose" +1 to all stats

ez pz. like how Spider's Kiss gives you a new talent.
Posted By: DevanaTV Re: Blood Rose bugged? - 17/09/17 12:30 AM
Played for so long in act2 and it did not disappear even once for me.
Posted By: Ellezard Re: Blood Rose bugged? - 17/09/17 12:45 AM
I lost mine as well at the end of Act 1. They probably added another new location that completely remove all your buff again and if you eat it before getting to that part, byebyebloodrose.

Two things I did before it was gone was

1) Final Fight. Got the 50 turn encoraged buff. (TBh, this kind of thing is never good because cleansing will happen)

and

2) freed Slane

I doubt it has to do with Slane so I have a feeling it has to do with the final act.

Man, this bug is as bad as Fane losing his mask on Act 2 if you don't take it off him first and put it in your inventory because he will replace it with a hood.
© Larian Studios forums