Larian Studios
I can't find it in the online manual.
What exactly are the differences, EXACTLY.
Don't post here if you "feel like you know". Please post exact details.

Do enemies get free skills? Do certain game mechanics start working differently? What exactly changes.
The manual contains the following information about playing the game:

*puts on bifocals and picks up a sheet of paper*

• The default controls

That is all. *puts down paper and takes off bifocals*

Here's about what you should know:

• Explorer mode the player characters get a stat boost.
  • Classic mode is the standard difficulty.
  • Tactician mode
    • Rhe enemies get a +50% boost to health, armor, damage.
    • Enemies now regularly start out with 6 or more AP.
    • Turns are no longer are affected by Initiative scores, but are now hard-coded in a ally-enemy-ally-enemy... fashion.
    • You are not able to change the difficulty lower on this mode.
    • Some enemies are supposed to get skill changes and such, but you'll mostly notice that they hit for a lot of damage and are much harder to kill.
    • It's got some pretty controversial balancing decisions.
  • Honor mode is Tactician with one save file which gets deleted if your party gets wiped. (Never play this first.)

I love the difficulty in tactician.
classic mode my fights end after 3 rounds.
In tactician the longest fight so far stretched over 20 rounds ^_^ a very heated battle that really got me desperate at times. There was one fight that I could only win by fleeing with my las tman standing at 10% life and drawing a couple of magisters into the fight. I then cloaked away to restore my party while they kept goin gat each other. It felt epic ^_^

Fighting Alexander was also huge fun. it took me a while to figure out that I shouldn't kill the paladin cause Alex will ressurect him. Or how to isolate one of his underlings and kill them off before he heals them back to full.
During Fort Joy some rare enemies get a passive ability that doesnt mean much, and maybe some have an extra spell. Also very rare. Most of enemies are completely the same.

Otherwise its just the usual horrendous HP, Armor and Damage bloat.

No difference in levels, attributes or Ai behavior.

AI is more aggressive in Tactical, but only because they can resist more and deal more damage, which makes them react less safely if I understood correctly.
As i said, i cannot notice any difference in Ai during first half of Fort Joy which i played on Classic and Tactician.

Any difference is only apparent because enemies can survive longer due to the bloat and also deal more damage.
Originally Posted by Stabbey
The manual contains the following information about playing the game:

*puts on bifocals and picks up a sheet of paper*

• The default controls

That is all. *puts down paper and takes off bifocals*

Here's about what you should know:

• Explorer mode the player characters get a stat boost.
  • Classic mode is the standard difficulty.
  • Tactician mode
    • Rhe enemies get a +50% boost to health, armor, damage.
    • Enemies now regularly start out with 6 or more AP.
    • Turns are no longer are affected by Initiative scores, but are now hard-coded in a ally-enemy-ally-enemy... fashion.
    • You are not able to change the difficulty lower on this mode.
    • Some enemies are supposed to get skill changes and such, but you'll mostly notice that they hit for a lot of damage and are much harder to kill.
    • It's got some pretty controversial balancing decisions.
  • Honor mode is Tactician with one save file which gets deleted if your party gets wiped. (Never play this first.)

Where is this? I couldn't find it in the online manual.

Also, I was going through the files in the editor and couldn't find where tactical was adding AP to enemies when fights starts, or that initiative is really different. I only found the bonuses to damage/health/armor/accuracy

I wonder does anyone know what files modify this?
© Larian Studios forums