Larian Studios
Posted By: drBrod Consideration about difficult - 08/10/17 01:00 AM
Well, after a real hard, suffered, painful first playthrough on tactician mode, which i have not finished, stopped at final boss, i'm now on my second playthrough tact, act 3.
I made a party with 2 lone wolves, necrowarrior (fane) + rogue (sebille), and started to manage money and eq from the start. Holy shit, the difference.
The game, this time, feels super easy, maybe too easy. Enemies have no chance, they literally melt in one turn.

So, i changed my mind. I thought that tactician was too hard, but now i think that isn't too hard, it's just too binary. Once you figure out what to do, it drops from omgtoohard to supereazy.
Anyone else had experience these incredibly steep change of difficult between playthroughs?
Posted By: CollaSama Re: Consideration about difficult - 08/10/17 01:12 AM
Pretty obvious that some builds are stronger than others. To be fair, lone wolf is a strong talent for sure, a duo with this is stronger than a full team (better gear, faster powerspikes etc)

And you played a weak ass rogue, imagine if you played your Fane deathknight with a godly ranger.

Just like you, my first playthrough was a bit chaotic : not impossible, but I needed to cheese a lot of fights. For my fourth playthrough, I did a Fane necrowarrior/Lohse ranger.
This fucking witch/necromancer in act 1 (the one with the dragon) ? 4 shots from the ranger. The void miniboss in the forest ? Same.
Alexandar/Voidworm ? I cursed that fight the first time I did it. With this comp, 4-5 shots Alexandar, rape the rest, finish the worm, finish the range. No cheese needed, just raw power.

That's the fun of the game : finding the most op build. Divines bless rangers.
© Larian Studios forums