Larian Studios
Posted By: Infrasonic Larian, have all summons been nerfed? - 08/10/17 12:39 PM
The log says that only Bone Widow got nerfed. But it seems like incarnates are also doing significantly less damage. Please do not delegate summoners to a pure support role! By doing this you are getting rid of a particular play style.
Posted By: CatR Re: Larian, have all summons been nerfed? - 08/10/17 12:47 PM
Blood incarnate still wipes the floor in my current playthrough. You might want to check your findings before you make assumptions about design directions.
Posted By: BoogieMan Re: Larian, have all summons been nerfed? - 08/10/17 07:43 PM
I've only done a few battles or so since the patch, but the encounters I did do my incarnate was doing approximately 50% less damage with melee strikes.. Will have to try more.

EDIT: The few enemies I fought had high resistances or something. Next few battles I got in to the incarnate was doing normal damage again.
Posted By: Sanctuary Re: Larian, have all summons been nerfed? - 08/10/17 07:48 PM
People all over Steam are claiming similar things, also saying that Far Sight and Power Infusion used to both give a 50% damage bonus on the tooltip, and are now only showing 25%. They've always shown 25% each. Also, here is my patched Incarnate at level 21. It was never 50% stronger than this. That would mean that it scaled better than what Warfare/whatever + end game gear characters did, and it never did before the patch.

(Kind of spoilery. Don't look at the turn order portraits.)
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....47EC175B845D99E5D327AEFEC92984B64136A69/

It's more likely sour grapes over the Bone Widow nerf and complaining about Summoning in general, when the Incarnate wasn't touched.
Posted By: fireundubh Re: Larian, have all summons been nerfed? - 08/10/17 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Sanctuary
It's more likely sour grapes

That and bugs. Game gets in a bad state and bad things happen, so people blame the patch.

I have all the patches in version control though, so I can see what exactly changed in every file.
My incarnate is on my cleric/battlemage and totes does tons of damage.

Haven't tried bone widow yet.
Posted By: CatR Re: Larian, have all summons been nerfed? - 09/10/17 09:47 AM
Can report that the HUNGRY PLANT is what scientists classify as "Hella Ridiculous" and "Totally Crazy". Strips magic armour and takes away your Fortify buff in one attack.
© Larian Studios forums