Larian Studios
Posted By: caninelegion The Doctor without Lohse - 28/05/20 12:45 AM
OK, not going to his playground to weaken him plus he has something like ten henchmen (his "nurses" and four demons) makes this an "interesting" fight. He says that I can't harm him in his home. Does that mean that I should lure him outside or is he just speaking hyperbole? Any other hints? I made a mess of it so have to restart the fight - three dead comrades behind the first nurse's desk that can't be seen to resurrect them with the doctor standing between them and the door. I still have one of the three voidwoken exchange scrolls so I could go through the basement once (at least I think that will work) but it really doesn't help much. I play in "classic" if that matters. Any advise would be appreciated (or, I could just let Jahan rot smile ). If getting the doctor outside (if he fits through the door) is the answer, I might be able to teleport him.

EDIT: It took several tries (and hours) and a strong measure of luck but the doctor is no longer seeing patients and Jahan is back aboard ship. Following is a summary and my conclusions:
- Inside, outside, it doesn't matter. The doctor went outside but there was no difference I could notice.
- Sir Lora opened the door for me - the doctor failed to transport them with the rest of us. This allowed me to take out a few henchmen before a retreat. Since I couldn't get in, I had to use the voidwoken exchange scroll I still had left. In those tight quarters, a few more henchmen fell before I ran into the basement, rested a bit, and re-emerged. There were just two demons, one nurse, and the doctor left which fell.
- Messy but accomplished. I'll have to remember for the next time not to frivolously use voidwoken exchange scrolls as there are only three that I know of.
Posted By: LostSoul Re: The Doctor without Lohse - 29/05/20 09:32 PM
It's a tough fight. Reduce enemy numbers: tp the first nurse outside for the kill. Sneak in and kill the other nurses one at a time.
Barricade the adjacent room and tp doctor in there.
Fire resistance potions plus 5 course diner.
And of course try it on tactician mode...
Posted By: Wilker Re: The Doctor without Lohse - 12/06/20 08:13 PM
I was also playing on Classic difficult. I killed some 4 or 5 enemies with one hit of the skill Pyroclastic Eruption, and it removed all of the Doctor's Magic Armour.
It was a very tough fight without Pyroclastic Eruption, but a very easy one with it.
I don't even know which attacks the Doctor uses, in 2 or 3 turns he was dead.

In this battle I noticed that the Nemesis demons use that party composition that I recommend. 1 warrior, 1 ranger, 1 rogue and 1 mage.
Posted By: caninelegion Re: The Doctor without Lohse - 13/06/20 03:54 AM
How do you guys open the door? Just don't talk to him and attack so it doesn't get locked? My biggest problem was I came in through the back door (basement) which automatically triggers a conversation with the good doc then he kicks you out and locks the door (and warns you not to touch his possessions smile ). I should have had to come in by the basement again (or I did and retreated) which is problematic because, as far as I know, there are only three "fish exchange scrolls). I was able to come in the front door only because Sir Lora wasn't included in the teleport out so opened the door to get out and back to my coterie.
Posted By: Wilker Re: The Doctor without Lohse - 13/06/20 05:56 PM
Sir Lora opened the door for you? that's hilarious.
Wow, I didn't even know you could enter by the basement. This explains those suspicious barrels then.
I think the front door only opens for Lohse. The door speaks to Lohse and then everyone can enter.

I talked to the Doctor first, using Lohse. When they finished the conversation, the battle begun with 2 of my characters, the other 2 were hiding behind the door next to the Doctor, that leads to the basement.

If the Doctor already starts at the basement for you, then things happened very different for us.

Edit: I was just reading about this quest on Fextralife, https://divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Doctor's+Orders. You gain basically 2 MILLION exp points for killing the Doctor and all his 10 minions.
If you never finished this quest with Lohse, there's something very special that happens when you defeat the Doctor. She sings a pretty cool song, it was one of the most memorable moments of the game for me. Maybe the most striking moment. Search for the song on youtube if you didn't hear it yet.
Posted By: caninelegion Re: The Doctor without Lohse - 13/06/20 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by Wilker
Sir Lora opened the door for you? that's hilarious.

If the Doctor already starts at the basement for you, then things happened very different for us.

Not in the basement although you meet a very disturbed Jahan who begs you to kill the demon there. After completing the basement, you go upstairs and the only way to go after that is through the doctor's office. As soon as you enter the room, conversation starts. I suppose you could ally with him but if you don't, he kicks you out of the house.
Originally Posted by Wilker

If you never finished this quest with Lohse, there's something very special that happens when you defeat the Doctor. She sings a pretty cool song, it was one of the most memorable moments of the game for me. Maybe the most striking moment. Search for the song on youtube if you didn't hear it yet.

I have and I agree.
Posted By: Wilker Re: The Doctor without Lohse - 14/06/20 12:03 AM
Interesting, there was no demon in the basement for me.
Posted By: Sir Random Re: The Doctor without Lohse - 15/06/20 10:28 AM
OMG... i forgot the doctor. I've started a honour campaign, pretending to go without lohse (2 lone wolfs, fane and sebille). Now i have true fear. In tactician i defeated him... going with lohse... after a bunch of tryes.
Well... nevermind. I came to play. BANZAI!
BTW, hi to you all :)
newbie in forum, not in game
Posted By: Wilker Re: The Doctor without Lohse - 15/06/20 01:36 PM
b r u h, don't forget your appointment with the doc
Posted By: caninelegion Re: The Doctor without Lohse - 16/06/20 12:17 AM
Yes, don't! I hear he has a demonic temper about missed appointments.
© Larian Studios forums