Larian Studios
Posted By: Old Stu What's like Divinity Original Sin II? - 28/04/21 09:45 PM
I play on a Mac (not Steam) and I very much enjoyed Divinity Original Sin II. I am looking for recommendations for other Larain games the would be similar game-play to OSII?
Posted By: martan717 Re: What's like Divinity Original Sin II? - 29/04/21 07:57 PM
Have you tried DOS1?
Posted By: footface Re: What's like Divinity Original Sin II? - 04/05/21 01:39 AM
I hear Baldurs Gate 3 is like DOS2
Posted By: communal Re: What's like Divinity Original Sin II? - 06/05/21 07:48 PM
DOS1 is really similar but the writing isn't as good. BG3 is buggy as hell and not done since it's early access but the writing is way better and the game has a similar feel but the combat is really really different. If you're open to real time with pause games, pillars of eternity or dragon age origins could be what you're looking for. People also recommend Pathfinder Kingmaker which has a turn based mode but the writing is awful, the system rules are arcane, sometimes kingdom management bugs force you to go back to a save like 12 hours before or get an arbitrary game over, and also most of the encounters are fighting the most obnoxious possible trash mobs over and over again.
Posted By: virion Re: What's like Divinity Original Sin II? - 02/07/21 05:41 PM
Larian games are basically Dos 1 + 2 + Ego Draconis as far as i'm aware + now BG3. BG3 is still in EA and won't be released before 2022 at least.

As someone suggested above Pillars of eternity might be worth trying out. Really liked the story. Eventually Solasta / Pathfinder:Kingmaker if low budgdet isn't a problem for you.

Or Planescape torment / BG2 if you're fine with oldschool.
© Larian Studios forums