Larian Studios
Posted By: SniPer0791 Save Game is Broken - 28/10/15 05:10 AM
So having gone a little bit past the tutorial I have managed to accumulate 4 quick saves, one regular save, and a few auto saves. Every time I save from now on, if I exit the game and come back to load my game the save games are not there. While I am still in the game, the saves overwrite like normal. Be it the quick save, auto save, or regular save. I can load any of them, as long as I am still in the game. However once I exit, it is like I never saved at all. They disappear once I load up the game again. I have looked in the C: directory and they are not there. This is the most game breaking bug I have encountered. Having played over 6 hours, only to find my saves just get deleted every time I load the game back up. This needs to be fixed now!!!
Posted By: Nehm89 Re: Save Game is Broken - 28/10/15 05:14 AM
The save games are actually kept in "Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\YourProfile\Savegames"

Can you double check to make sure they are not there?
Posted By: Gyson Re: Save Game is Broken - 28/10/15 06:17 AM
Are you using Steam's cloud sync? Have you tried disabling it for this game?
Posted By: Raze Re: Save Game is Broken - 28/10/15 06:52 AM

Try starting the game, create a new profile, start a new game and save, then return to the main menu and switch to your original profile, then switch back and see if the save is shown in the load window.

Try starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator.
If that helps, you can right click the executable, select Properties, switch to the Compatibility tab and check off the option to always run the program as administrator.
Posted By: Kaizir Re: Save Game is Broken - 28/10/15 07:06 AM
I thought this was the case as well- until I realized the thumbs do not update when saving. Your save game is there, just load the 'latest' save game.
Posted By: SniPer0791 Re: Save Game is Broken - 28/10/15 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Gyson
Are you using Steam's cloud sync? Have you tried disabling it for this game?

I will try that and see if anything changes.

Originally Posted by Kaizir
I thought this was the case as well- until I realized the thumbs do not update when saving. Your save game is there, just load the 'latest' save game.

I can assure you, my saves are not there. I am looking right in the folder. I load the latest save and it matches the thumb that is associated with it, which is not my latest autosave, quick save, or regular save.
Posted By: Raze Re: Save Game is Broken - 30/10/15 06:49 AM

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

While you still have the savegames folder up, what happens if you exit the game and restart? Maybe put the game in Windowed mode, at a low resolution first.

If you increase the number of quicksaves and autosaves kept in the Game options, does that make a difference?
Posted By: Nsk Re: Save Game is Broken - 02/11/15 03:00 AM
I decided to register to the forum to say same problem here !

Well Im actually a bit more lucky because I only lose my Quicksave after restarting the game, but everytime I leave the game I fear the other save games will also be deleted.

I wonder if the problem is related to steam cloud because I noticed that my quicksave are apparently not sent directly ( marked synchronized ) to the cloud.

I saw my savegames in the correct folder. I feel the game overwrite my quicksave by the old one stored in the cloud as soon as I launch it.

I had no problem with the orginal edition.
Posted By: Miah Re: Save Game is Broken - 02/11/15 10:23 AM
do you have the correct date on your saves ? it seems i have the same problem, but i also noticed that all my saves where dated from the 19 october.
Posted By: Nsk Re: Save Game is Broken - 03/11/15 12:45 AM
Well I'm sure now it was steam cloud who overwrite my quicksaves using old one because apparently the new quicksave was never synchronized.

I desactivated the cloud and now I d'ont have problem anymore.

Very weird design for me that the cloud overwrite the local savegames with older one, there should be a check to see if the local one are more recent.
Posted By: Littlebob86 Re: Save Game is Broken - 08/11/15 04:02 AM
I lost about 6 hours of game time, because I stupidly didn't back up my saves because I thought they were all on the cloud, and formatted my computer frown
© Larian Studios forums