Larian Studios
Posted By: Disorient D:OS EE Mac OS X - 15/11/15 10:40 AM
Any update on when this will be released for mac? Can't really find any date anywhere apart for the vlog update where it was said to be released about a month after the PC release. But I'm just wondering since there's been no updates since.

I'm really looking forward to playing D:OS EE.

Thanks !
Posted By: SirDirty Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 15/11/15 05:29 PM
If I remember correctly around 15 december or so. At the same time as us linux people ;-). Difference is: this will be the first time us linux people can play it. claphands
Posted By: Disorient Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 16/11/15 04:24 AM
Alright! Thanks, and good to hear you'll be able to play as well !! :)
Posted By: Disorient Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 14/12/15 07:07 PM
Any update here? Will it be released tomorrow or will it be at a later date this december? (if it's still coming out in 2015)
Posted By: Raze Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 14/12/15 07:41 PM

Hopefully this week, AFAIK, but I haven't seen a recent update on the ETA.
Posted By: Chris S Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 15/12/15 02:31 PM
Well it's the 15th Dec, I am watching and waiting smile
Posted By: kramer747 Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 16/12/15 02:41 PM
16th cmon larian I'm off this week and home alone for the first time in a year would love to play your game today!!!
Posted By: Chris S Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 17/12/15 09:39 AM
Come on, the anticipation is killing me smile
Posted By: Alos Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 17/12/15 09:21 PM
While we wait for the Mac release. Is there an updated requirements for the EE?
Posted By: Raze Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 17/12/15 09:31 PM

I think OpenGL 4.1 will be required. Other than that, the requirements should be similar to D:OS.
Posted By: norlin Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 18/12/15 04:57 PM
While waiting, I have installed Windows (sic!) via Bootcamp...
So, the question is – can I transfer my saved games from Windows to Mac version (when it will be available)?
Posted By: AliasMrJones Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 18/12/15 07:49 PM
I bought D:OS through steam and the steam cloud sync worked great. No matter which OS I played on, when I rebooted and start up in the other OS, all the game saves were there. I was even able to take my Mac saves, start up boot camp, steam cloud sync, run a save game editor, start up Steam to re-sync to cloud, then go back to Mac and the edited save was there.

I wish there would be some news on the D:OSEE Mac front. Even something like we're behind schedule so expect it next year would be nice. I've been playing in Windows through Boot Camp, but I prefer to stick to the Mac side so I'd like some idea of how long I'll be limping along like this.
Posted By: Windemere Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 18/12/15 07:53 PM
Watch the beginning of the latest Kickstarter update for DOS II. It has the latest info on both Mac and Linux.

Kickstarter Update #20
Posted By: Chris S Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 18/12/15 08:21 PM
So the Mac version is ready, I assume they are waiting to get the Linux problems sorted then they will release both at the same time.

Thanks for that information Windemere smile
Posted By: Raze Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 18/12/15 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by norlin
can I transfer my saved games from Windows to Mac version (when it will be available)?

Just to confirm what AliasMrJones said about D:OS, saves will be compatible between PC versions for the EE.
Posted By: Chris S Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 19/12/15 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Raze
can I transfer my saved games from Windows to Mac version (when it will be available)?

Just to confirm what AliasMrJones said about D:OS, saves will be compatible between PC versions for the EE.

If I am playing the DRM free GoG version I assume I have to move the save game files over manually ?
Posted By: Raze Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 19/12/15 09:36 AM

Yes, that would be the easiest way to do it. If you were going to be switching back and forth you could set up symbolic links to move the saves to a network drive (or local drive both OSes have access to), or a Dropbox folder, etc. With D:OS a couple people reported problems doing that (errors trying to load saves), while some did not; I have not seen this mention either way for the EE.

A folder synchronization program could also work, but to have it be automatic you would need to set up a macro or script to run it after the game exits.
Posted By: Chris S Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 19/12/15 10:32 AM

Yes, that would be the easiest way to do it. If you were going to be switching back and forth you could set up symbolic links to move the saves to a network drive (or local drive both OSes have access to), or a Dropbox folder, etc. With D:OS a couple people reported problems doing that (errors trying to load saves), while some did not; I have not seen this mention either way for the EE.

A folder synchronization program could also work, but to have it be automatic you would need to set up a macro or script to run it after the game exits.

Thanks
Posted By: Chris S Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 23/12/15 09:09 AM
Oh well seems its not going to show now before Christmas frown

Wishing everybody out there and your families a happy Christmas smile
Posted By: norlin Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 23/12/15 05:48 PM
Woohooo!!! It's here! (At least, now I can install it from Steam on my Mac OS)!!!

Hmm, weird. Steam allows to start install, but it's "completed" instantly (without downloading anything) and obviously it's not working...
Posted By: Chris S Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 23/12/15 06:41 PM
Woohooo!!! It's here! (At least, now I can install it from Steam on my Mac OS)!!!

Hmm, weird. Steam allows to start install, but it's "completed" instantly (without downloading anything) and obviously it's not working...

Yup seems they have screwed it up, I am getting the same thing frown

Strange thing is it has not appeared on GoG yet.
Posted By: Raze Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 23/12/15 06:51 PM

GOG usually takes a day or so to create an installer for updates, etc, but given the time there now and tomorrow being Christmas Eve, I'm not sure when it will ready. It may be available sooner through Galaxy.
Posted By: Chris S Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 23/12/15 06:58 PM

GOG usually takes a day or so to create an installer for updates, etc, but given the time there now and tomorrow being Christmas Eve, I'm not sure when it will ready. It may be available sooner through Galaxy.

Updates, EE is whole new game is it not, not just an update as such ?

Posted By: Raze Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 23/12/15 07:19 PM

Yes (that's where the 'or so' comes in), but I don't recall how long GOG took to do the initial Mac installer for D:OS. I don't think it was much more than a couple business days.
Posted By: Chris S Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 23/12/15 07:30 PM

Yes (that's where the 'or so' comes in), but I don't recall how long GOG took to do the initial Mac installer for D:OS. I don't think it was much more than a couple business days.

OK, thanks, you have a good Christmas smile
Posted By: norlin Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 24/12/15 07:27 AM
Now I have the game installed, but I can't see my profile from Windows game, and I can't create a new profile with the same name – because of "Profile with the same name is already exists"...

UPD: Seems it's also a Steam bug. Manually copied all /remote/* files to mac os folder and now it's ok.
Posted By: norD Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 24/12/15 12:40 PM
Now I have the game installed, but I can't see my profile from Windows game, and I can't create a new profile with the same name – because of "Profile with the same name is already exists"...

UPD: Seems it's also a Steam bug. Manually copied all /remote/* files to mac os folder and now it's ok.

I was about to forward that to someone at Larian since you're last edit was saying that it was not working.
But I'm happy it's working now.

Have a nice one! And merry Christmas.
Posted By: norlin Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 27/12/15 08:00 PM
But I'm happy it's working now.

Well... It's working only with manual copying.

Steam doesn't copy all saves/profiles even between two Macs (just tried it today).

Not sure if it's a Steam or D:OS EE thing.
Posted By: Chris S Re: D:OS EE Mac OS X - 28/12/15 05:48 PM
Mac version just landed at GoG if anybody is interested smile
© Larian Studios forums