Larian Studios
Posted By: Need Vodka Fixes for Mac and Linux are here! - 24/12/15 04:01 PM
All troubles with ATI video cards should be solved, apart from other minor fixes.
Posted By: thebishop Re: Fixes for Mac and Linux are here! - 24/12/15 04:39 PM
I'm still seeing an issue launching the game on Linux. I've got a Lenovo Y50 laptop with Nvidia 860M (optimus). I launch Steam with:

optirun -b primus steam

screenshot of the crash here:
http://i.imgur.com/HThesXm.png

When I run from the command line, I get this, but it might be unrelated (or i'm doing it wrong):

optirun -b primus ./runner.sh
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; no appID found.
Either launch the game from Steam, or put the file steam_appid.txt containing the correct appID in your game folder.
Thread "EoCApp" (2420209728)
received signal 11

Call stack:

(0) /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 : +0x10d10 [0x7fb697719d10]
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Posted By: Haleseen Re: Fixes for Mac and Linux are here! - 26/12/15 06:19 AM
Originally Posted by thebishop
I'm still seeing an issue launching the game on Linux. I've got a Lenovo Y50 laptop with Nvidia 860M (optimus).

Just want to verify that you're running 64bit linux, correct?
Posted By: Raze Re: Fixes for Mac and Linux are here! - 26/12/15 06:47 AM

Quoting a post from the Steam forum:

OPTIMUS USERS
the nvidia binary driver is OpenGL 4.5 . I'm running on an optimus laptop, so I have to launch through primusrun. I was still getting the crash. Turns out, Divinity uses a wrapper shell-script which screws up primusrun causing the actual application binary to run without primus/optimus.

To fix this temporarily, I edited
<path to library>/SteamApps/common/Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition/runner.sh

to have it use primusrun:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="." primusrun ./EoCApp

. It launched successfully after that (using the nvidia card).
Posted By: mystogan Re: Fixes for Mac and Linux are here! - 26/12/15 06:59 PM
I can't enable my xbox 360 wireless controller on my MAC. The control panel in OS:EE detects the controller (with installed driver github.com/360Controller) but says it is unsupported!
The enable option is greyed out in-game!
Please help :)
The detected text says: Microsoft - Wireless 360 Controller (Vendor: 1118, Product: 654, Transport: Wireless) - Unsupported
Posted By: Stauff1138 Re: Fixes for Mac and Linux are here! - 26/12/15 07:51 PM
You have Wireless wink Fix is coming early next week.. Meanwhile:

Open GamePadDefinitions.plist which is inside Resources of his game and change

1118->654:USB to 654:Wireless
Posted By: mystogan Re: Fixes for Mac and Linux are here! - 27/12/15 08:46 PM
Great! Thanks!
Posted By: thebishop Re: Fixes for Mac and Linux are here! - 28/12/15 05:22 PM
Yes, I am running 64-bit linux.

Originally Posted by "Raze"
Quoting a post from the Steam forum:
OPTIMUS USERS
the nvidia binary driver is OpenGL 4.5 . I'm running on an optimus laptop, so I have to launch through primusrun. I was still getting the crash. Turns out, Divinity uses a wrapper shell-script which screws up primusrun causing the actual application binary to run without primus/optimus.

To fix this temporarily, I edited
<path to library>/SteamApps/common/Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition/runner.sh

to have it use primusrun:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="." primusrun ./EoCApp

. It launched successfully after that (using the nvidia card).

THANKS! I can confirm this fixed my problem. I've seen issues like this in other games, which is why I launch Steam with "optirun -b primus" (to use the primus bridge). That's worked with every other game. I don't see why this runner script breaks the optimus runtime options. Perhaps the script should use the bash ampersand like:

(runcommand ) &

To 'fork' the parent process rather than launching as a new process? i'm not sure, I'll give it a try tonight.
Posted By: SirDirty Re: Fixes for Mac and Linux are here! - 30/12/15 11:29 AM
I just came back from vacation, and found this beauty on my steam shelf, ready to be installed.
I have a core i7-920 and an R9-270 AMD/ATI video card with 15.9 fglrx drivers on debian/jessie.
And I must say: amazing job guys!
It automatically runs on max quality on 1080p. I had to rub my eyes before I realised I was looking at depth focus (things out of focus are more blurry).
It runs fast. And it runs acceptable fast to my steam link with steam controller.
I know what I am going to do on new years eve (I am at home watching over my pets, showing them that everything is allright): an all nighter of DOSEE hehe.
I just need to get used to using a controller instead of MKB.
Posted By: oooverclocker Re: Fixes for Mac and Linux are here! - 31/01/16 04:16 AM
Hi. The Game crashes on startup.

[CODE]
Thread "EoCApp" (1704519680)
received signal 11

Call stack:

(0) /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 : +0x10d10 [0x7f6c68b19d10]
[/CODE]

Ubuntu 15.10 x64
i7 5820K @ 4.4 GHz
32GiB RAM
R9 290X 8GiB @ xorg-xserver-video-ati Drivers (Don't want to use the proprietary ones)
Posted By: Raze Re: Fixes for Mac and Linux are here! - 31/01/16 04:47 AM

Currently, only the proprietary nvidia and ATI drivers are supported.
© Larian Studios forums