Larian Studios
Posted By: geala How do you deal with Shackles of Pain? - 27/09/17 10:08 AM
I don't like dead party members. The only guy I managed to get through being shackled (twice) alive was the paladin leader. Any of my chars died with shackles on, the interest of the many outweigthed the interest of the one, to cite Spock (first and last time in life, I promise).

How do you deal with it, except to try to not lose physical armor entirely? Can you remove it? Maybe you can shackle back (?) as Necro but what if you don't are Necro?
Posted By: Adrianna Re: How do you deal with Shackles of Pain? - 27/09/17 11:32 AM
theres no way to counter shackles of pain outside of never losing armor.. however you can use skills like living on the edge to just go all in on someone and not be able to be killed yourself then heal up afterwards.. or just make sure your very well protected/healed and slowly kill them making sure not to damage them too much to kill your party members.
Posted By: geala Re: How do you deal with Shackles of Pain? - 28/09/17 10:56 AM
Ok, thank you. I used the heal/slowlykill method for the guys who shackled the Paladin but he has a lot more hp then them, so it was easy.
Posted By: thorborn Re: How do you deal with Shackles of Pain? - 29/09/17 09:10 AM
There's a Hydrosophist Skill called Cryogenic Stasis which makes you immune to all damage for 1 turn, and heals you.

Could cast that on your afflicted party member, and then nuke whoever shackled you.
Posted By: geala Re: How do you deal with Shackles of Pain? - 29/09/17 09:38 AM
Hmm, good idea. Used this skill to keep Lohse alive in the fight against the Doombringer after I healed her, forgetting the Decaying debuff. hahaha
Posted By: Aysling Re: How do you deal with Shackles of Pain? - 29/09/17 03:29 PM
Physical armor potions, skills like Fortify, Cryogenic Stasis, Living on the Edge (all suggested above), or simply having more HP than the mob that's casting it. I think I did a bunch of stuff in Act II/Chapter 4 out of order, and I'm 3 - 4 levels above a lot of the mobs I'm fighting now.
Posted By: Concarne Re: How do you deal with Shackles of Pain? - 29/09/17 04:55 PM
Sebille has a source ability called Breaking the Shackles (or something similar) to my knowledge it is the only ability in the game that removes it. However just put some armor back on affected character or living on the edge.
Posted By: Yun Re: How do you deal with Shackles of Pain? - 01/10/17 01:13 PM
The lv1 necro spell which turns healing into damage seems to counter it. Could be a bug tho.
Posted By: geala Re: How do you deal with Shackles of Pain? - 04/10/17 11:36 AM
Meanwhile (with lvl 20) my preferred way to deal with it is: kill the shackler asap, if my char dies, collect his entrails from the ground, close wounds with a plaster and tell him to stop crying (aka resurrect). The fastest, the easiest. grin
© Larian Studios forums