Larian Studios
I got an invitation from the Doctor, but I can't get past the front door because the dialog to it keeps saying that it's examining Lohse. I have Fane, Ifan, and The Red Prince in my group but no Lohse. I did read about putting a void tainted fish along with one of your character's pyramid in a certain barrel along the beach, and then using a certain scroll that'll transport said items.

But the problem is... I broke the barrel. Is there another way in, does replacement barrel work as fine, or am I pretty much out of luck and gotta move on?

Well if don't have that specific scroll, you don't have to worry about the barrel issue. What were you doing that you'd break the barrel in the first place though??

From what I've heard, the Doctor sends you an invitation after a certain quest is completed (sewer related). And he does have something to discuss with you if you don't have Lohse. So I think it's possible for you to enter his house.
I didn't know any better, when I first encountered the barrel I opened it checking for goodies but there was nothing in there, then I notice something like a plate underneath it. Tried to move the barrel out of the way, didn't work, so I did the first thing that comes to mind whenever there's something I can't open or move, break it. I regretted it till this day.

I got an invitation after I killed a certain person (wasn't in the sewers) but I'll go check out the sewers again to see if I miss anything.
Found and did the quest you mentioned, but nothing happened after said quest is finished.

"...he does have something to discuss with you if you don't have Lohse."

I'm not worried about the doctor; I am worried about his front door not letting me in and keeping me from doing this intriguing quest. It won't let me through until I use Lohse to interact with it, there's a small problem... I don't have her in my group. I really don't want to ignore my curiosity bells going off, but due to this possible bug I might have to if there's no other way to meet the doctor.
I know you're concerned about getting into the house, not the doctor himself. I said he has something to discuss with you even *if you don't have Lohse*. Which means even if you don't have Lohse, he should still let you in. I probably should've put "even" there in the first place to make it clearer.

Granted, I can't say anything more concrete than this. This is based on what I have heard, and I also believe they won't block off the entire encounter with this character just because you don't have Lohse.

What was that quest you mentioned, btw? Was it the Justinia/Isbeil quest?

EDIT: After a bit of testing, I have to admit, it seems the only way to enter his house is by having Lohse in the party. After talking to the door for the first time, the journal does say "it seems the door only opens for Lohse". The other way to enter his house would be by using the barrel by the beach. And that barrel cannot be replaced by a generic barrel. So.... I'm afraid you really can't enter his house. Unless there's yet *another* way. Sorry about this, anyway.
Yes, it was the Justinia/Isbeil quest I finished.

Well, I have to either reload all the way back to where I didn't destroy the barrel like a dummy, which is a long way back, or I just have to move on. I really don't mind starting over I already know what to do, the bosses will be a pain to fight all over again though. Thank you for trying to help me, I'll leave you with this... Have a nice and lovey day!
For anyone encountering this issue, I solved it by "vandalizing" (I.E spamming fire attacks, and smacking it) the front door, and causing the nurse to run up to me and open the door.
wait, they made it so you cannot enter the house at all without lohse in your party? is that a bug?

Truly, I don't understand how the "Arx" area has been improved.
I'm level 19, and have only two quests to do, the other being with toughies of level 20, I've done them all, as per the "Doctor", I refused his offer to help get divinity, hence he dismissed me from the house, and I can't get in anymore.
So... what do now?
© Larian Studios forums