Larian Studios
Posted By: Benza Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 02/02/18 12:30 AM
Hi there,

I'm stuck at Hannag. I killed the magisters without talking to her before. After that I went to her, but Ifan wanted to talk to her first. Then I talked to her, and as I read about a bug concerning Hannag I followed the steps given here: http://divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Window+of+Opportunity

So after Ifan quit talking with her, I talked to her, got her skill book and immediately closed the conversation at the very fist possibility. Then I got the reward where you can choose from several items and Hannag went away. I followed her to talk to her again and asked her to help me master the source power. She answers (roughly) that she won't give herself for free and that I wouldn't have anything to offer to her. Then the conversation is over and whatever I do she won't give me the quest to search her apprentice. The quest "Window of opportunity" is closed.

I also tried leaving Ifan behind and talking to Hannag alone, but the result is the same. Whenever I ask her to help me master my source she answers like above.

What have I done wrong?
Posted By: Grey Gamer Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 02/02/18 12:40 AM
There are more than enough options to learn source from than you need. I think there are 6 and I know you can only use three.
Posted By: Yasen Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 02/02/18 03:50 AM
She gives quite a lot of exp, no. There is a way to do so without making her go into infernal rage mode, too, and it gives you the same exp. I will just let you find out on your own, though.
Posted By: Benza Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 02/02/18 11:57 AM
Well, that's surely true, but it's not the point. She doesn't help me to master the source and she doesn't offer me the "On the rope" quest, so that means something obviously went wrong. I just don't like to miss quests and last not least I don't like to miss the XP.
Posted By: BlackCross Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 02/02/18 10:16 PM
Same here. Probably a bug from yesterdays patch. At least I hope I didn't screw something up.
Same here. We saved and reloaded multiple times, tried talking to the magisters and her before the fight, then tried to kill the magisters without first talking to anyone but Hannag only gives the book, and when we talk to her next time and mention the source topic she just says we didn't have anything to offer.
Posted By: sSkooma Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 06/02/18 05:16 AM
Guys i encountered the exact same issue and managed to solve it. The key is that if you already have two source points at hand and seek the third one from her then you must first enter the Hall of Echoes for a second time and master the source vampirism skill which would proceed your 'Power Awakening' quest to the stage that requires you to obtain the third source point. From that point on you can talk to Hannag about mastering source and initiate the 'On the Ropes' quest. Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by sSkooma
Guys i encountered the exact same issue and managed to solve it. The key is that if you already have two source points at hand and seek the third one from her then you must first enter the Hall of Echoes for a second time and master the source vampirism skill which would proceed your 'Power Awakening' quest to the stage that requires you to obtain the third source point. From that point on you can talk to Hannag about mastering source and initiate the 'On the Ropes' quest. Hope this helps.

No, unfortunately not. We already completed the ritual a second time, right after we dealt with Mordus. Yet, Hannag didn't offer the quest. sad
Posted By: Thrasher Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 06/02/18 08:45 PM
I have this problem as well. I encountered and saved Hannag from the magisters before going to Paradise Downs and talking with the seeker leader. Yet after saving Hannag I could ask her about the massacre at Paradise Downs as if I had been there. I hadn't. That's one bug. Another bug is that she won't offer the On the Ropes quest after saving her. She says I have nothing to offer.

Later as I made my way through Paradise Downs and the Black Pits, I kept trying going to back to her to see if she would offer her quest. Nope, she didn't care. I save the Crossleys who start the One the Ropes quest. Still couldn't get Hannag to participate. Finally when finishing On the Ropes Gwyndyn says Hannga has abandoned him, and gives me the mortal blow skillbook to finish the quest. And still Hannag doesn't seem to care.

This makes no sense whatsoever, unless the whole Hannag questline has been abandoned in the recent patch.

Has anyone gotten Hannag to give her quest since the patch? Is this intentional by Larian? If so, why wasn't it mentioned in the patch notes?

Larian should fix it or explain why it isn't fixing it. Also, shouldn't this be in the technical issues subforum?
Posted By: eLPuSHeR Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 07/02/18 02:27 PM
It sounds like a bug to me. I will do this quest this afternoon. I will post here on how it goes.
Posted By: Fwego Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 08/02/18 11:20 PM
I got this bug and it is so annoying, this is my first play through and I want to see all the quests and experience all the game has to offer but some weird bug wont let me continue into the next quest. what can I do in game to fix this or is there anything I can do
Posted By: eLPuSHeR Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 09/02/18 07:29 AM
I can confirm this "bug" too.
Originally Posted by eLPuSHeR
I can confirm this "bug" too.

Thanks for checking
Posted By: Lostsheep Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 09/02/18 09:05 AM
I have it too.
Posted By: Vidar Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 09/02/18 12:39 PM
Having this bug too.
Posted By: Somindras Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 09/02/18 09:31 PM
I SOLVED THE BUG GUYS !!!!!

First talk to the magister and say that you will speak speak with Hannag

Then do your best to approaching her :D when you are nearby the sorceress she will engage the conversation

After that say "What is going on there" she will answer "Right Now i am leaving" and teleport out !

Follow her, and talk again with her and say that you already saved Gwydian (in the Black Pits)

KILL THE MAGISTER (DONT TELEPORT THEM or she will become angry)

Talk to her and enjoy your sourcery point !!!

(sry i am French)
Originally Posted by Somindras
I SOLVED THE BUG GUYS !!!!!

First talk to the magister and say that you will speak speak with Hannag

Then do your best to approaching her laugh when you are nearby the sorceress she will engage the conversation

After that say "What is going on there" she will answer "Right Now i am leaving" and teleport out !

Follow her, and talk again with her and say that you already saved Gwydian (in the Black Pits)

KILL THE MAGISTER (DONT TELEPORT THEM or she will become angry)

Talk to her and enjoy your sourcery point !!!

(sry i am French)

I see. Then again, it should be possible to get her quest without actually accomplishing it first. We're on our way to the Black Pits so we will try to save the guy and then talk to Hannag again.
Posted By: eLPuSHeR Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 12/02/18 06:58 AM
It seems Hannag's questline is completely broken now. After ignoring her (that is, doing nothing, and that's because I don't have the "Cloisterwood" map marker) I did everything on the Black Pits and then Gwydian gave me the "On the ropes" quest but it felt quite convoluted to say the least.
We also finished the quest with Gwydian. His family gave us "On the Ropes" which closed after we saved Gwydian and talked to him. He was looking for Hannag, however there was no option to tell him where Hannag was. Also, we returned to Hannag afterwards and tried to talk to him again, but there was no way to inform him that his apprentice was safe. Quite strange.
Posted By: miaasma Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 17/02/18 07:33 PM
i can also confirm this issue

in my current playthrough, doing exactly the same thing as i've done on previous runs (accept reward for saving her, close dialogue, reopen dialogue to get on the ropes quest), she instead tells me i have nothing to offer her without even mentioning gwydian. it seems that if you accept the reward for saving her it locks you out of interacting with her for the on the ropes quest. kind of annoying and probably a bug, but not something that bothers me especially since i never accept her help for mastering source anyway
Posted By: riodan Re: Hannag won't give quest "on the rope" - 06/03/18 05:34 AM
I have this problem too. is there a solution meanwhile?
I don't think so. Just got there on my third playthrough. Still says I had nothing to offer.
© Larian Studios forums