Larian Studios
Posted By: Tiggerdyret Crashing after update - 20/10/17 12:04 PM
I loaded the game up today after a weeks pause and I crashed 3 times in a row after only 2 minutes. Any ideas on how to fix this? Does it have something to do with my old saves not being compatible after an update? It worked just fine 10 days ago. Now it's unplayable!
Posted By: Thasainz Re: Crashing after update - 20/10/17 12:44 PM
I'm not sure but i can confirm that it's not expected to happen obviously. Can you share your pc config and be more discritive about what kind of error you're passing by?
Posted By: Rans Re: Crashing after update - 21/10/17 03:43 AM
i had the same issue, at times loading/saving a game will crash and even afk in game also will crash it, its getting on my nerves, its like the usual Appilcation error report sending to them but did not state what kinda of error im facing... anyone able to assist ?
Posted By: Waltc Re: Crashing after update - 21/10/17 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tiggerdyret
I loaded the game up today after a weeks pause and I crashed 3 times in a row after only 2 minutes. Any ideas on how to fix this? Does it have something to do with my old saves not being compatible after an update? It worked just fine 10 days ago. Now it's unplayable!

Were you using your computer during the week you didn't play? If so, did you install and run anything new during that time--especially if it's a resident program of some kind--like an Afterburner version--or really any other program like that?

I've been playing since the week before launch (the EA that week) and then started over and have played the same save games through every patch and I've not had a single crash--of any kind at all(!)--now that I think about it--since then. And I've played every day, just about.

From what you describe, the biggest culprit is likely some other program you are running at the same time that the game is running...all I can think of at the moment. Any drivers updates during that week, etc.? ANy AV program change or updates? If so, same thing. Also, hopefully you didn't loan you computer out that week to a friend or relative? If so, I'd recommend a complete uninstall of the game and a reinstall--which should *not* affect your saves, btw.

Posted By: Tiggerdyret Re: Crashing after update - 22/10/17 07:41 PM
Thanks for your suggestions guys and gals.

Thasainz - Do you mean PC specs?
Intel 4790k
GTX 1080 ti
16 GB ram
I'm running windows 10

The types of crashes I've been getting are crash to desktop, but mostly complete freezes of the game. I can't even close the game through the task manager and have to log out of windows to close the game.

Waltc - I have not installed anything that I am aware of, except for a few games, and have no reason to think my PC is under a malware attack of any kind. I'm the only one using my PC.

I'll have another look into the problems when I have time again. I do have a running speed mod installed, so maybe that is conflicting with the update.
© Larian Studios forums