Larian Studios
Posted By: IcyKali Beast-related Issues - 29/12/19 06:30 AM
I wanted to report a bug in Beast's questline. I've had him as a companion and romanced him several times now, and I noticed that he never has any new dialogue when spoken to after Justinia is spared. He will have a yellow question mark appear over his head and new dialogue options will be present if she is killed, but if you give her a second chance, this doesn't happen. In fact, even the option to ask him "what our next move should be," which is usually present for all the companions, disappears. Verifying the game files doesn't help, and it doesn't seem to matter if/when I read Isbeil's notes, talk to Isbeil's ghost, or speak to Justinia in Kemm's mansion instead of the sewers. Is this a bug?

I also noticed something minor. If you play as Beast and have Fane as a companion, he will call him a human. While this could be in-character, I'm guessing Fane probably isn't supposed to be saying he looks "exactly like every other human out there" immediately after Beast talks to him about the dwarven people's politics! :-D
Posted By: Raze Re: Beast-related Issues - 29/12/19 08:41 AM

Did you speak to Justinia again in Kemm's mansion? That might trigger a party dialog (I've gone through there with Beast both ways, but don't recall the details of whether he was an avatar or companion, or if there was a dialog after sparing Justinia).

That dialogue is presumably a mistake; it could be in character using 'human' broadly, if he didn't end the sentence saying "just as every lizard looks like every other lizard".
Posted By: IcyKali Re: Beast-related Issues - 29/12/19 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Raze

Did you speak to Justinia again in Kemm's mansion? That might trigger a party dialog (I've gone through there with Beast both ways, but don't recall the details of whether he was an avatar or companion, or if there was a dialog after sparing Justinia).

That dialogue is presumably a mistake; it could be in character using 'human' broadly, if he didn't end the sentence saying "just as every lizard looks like every other lizard".

I did, and I also tried updating Micheil Ros about her, and there wasn't any dialogue (party or otherwise) after that, either. After posting this thread, I looked at a video of Beast's quest and romance by DanaDuchy on YouTube, and it definitely seems that there have always been exchanges missing from my runs. The video shows one in which Beast says "Things're gonna be alright..." etc. after sparing Justinia, and then another exchange when he's spoken to again that seems like a much cheerier version of the options that appear if you kill Justinia. But the video was not of DOS2: DE. In fact, I can't find any record of anyone playing the DE and getting these exchanges. I highly doubt this dialogue would be removed on purpose, especially since everyone else has things to say after their quests close, so maybe the upgrade to DE caused some problem?

Definitely a mistake, I think it's possible this happens with other dwarf characters as well. It's just amusing!
Posted By: Raze Re: Beast-related Issues - 30/12/19 09:55 AM

The dialogues may depend on Beast's opinion of the avatar, or the specific options leading up to them.

Do you have a save before the initial dialog with Justinia and Isbeil? I checked a few saves, but couldn't find one near there with Beast in the party as a companion.
If so, please email supportdos2@larian.com with it (or post/email/PM a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.
Posted By: IcyKali Re: Beast-related Issues - 30/12/19 03:01 PM
Here is a Google Drive link to a save from a previous run where I also experienced this issue. You might see in the quest log that I didn't fully complete Lohar's mission, since I was playing through quickly, but in my current run I did finish that task and this problem still occurred.
Posted By: Raze Re: Beast-related Issues - 31/12/19 09:29 AM

Thank you. I'll create a bug report so someone can look into this.
© Larian Studios forums