Larian Studios
Posted By: JohnnyTapia PS 4- Connection Issue - 19/10/20 06:13 PM
Dear Forum users and Larian Team,

i am on PS4 and i want to play the game with a friend of mine and therefore i bought it recently.
Unfortunately since a week we are not able to create a game.
He cannot join my games and I also can not join his games. I managed to join a few games from the lobby but was also disconnected very fast again.
Basically we create a lobby and invite each other but the other one is all the time stuck in the loading screen. The bar will not move a single centimeter. Anyone knows how to fix that?

Is there are problem on our side?
We really want to play the game together and we do not have any struggles at all in other multiplayer games but here it is not working at all.

Thanks a lot.
Posted By: ttdivine Re: PS 4- Connection Issue - 19/10/20 09:23 PM
I am having identical issues whilst trying to join/host a co-op game with a friend. I am replying in the hope of giving the issue some more attention and getting a solution.

Thanks in advance for any help
Posted By: frankbz Re: PS 4- Connection Issue - 23/10/20 03:00 AM
Have the same issue here, its really annoying, we've been trying different solutions for it during weeks and no luck. lets hope Larian give es a proper answer
Posted By: Raze Re: PS 4- Connection Issue - 31/10/20 07:48 AM

There have not been any recent changes to the game itself. Checking the DownDetector website, there don't appear to be any major issues currently, though I'm not sure how popular the site is with PS4 users. The map has no key code for the colours used, but the chart should provide numbers for your region(s).

Some of this was posted in other topics, but:

Have you tried joining by invitation and in the lobby?
If the multiplayer setting is on invite only, try switching it to friends only or public.

Have you tried hosting/joining an Arena match?

Try having the person joining going into Arena mode, create an arena, then exit to the main menu and try joining in the lobby. Alternately, create a multiplayer game lobby, exit and try joining.

Have either of you tried playing with anyone else?

Especially if you can play with other people, but not each other, it may help to remove the game profile.
In Settings, Storage, System Storage, Saved Data, select the game, then select 'Profile', press the Options button and Delete. Just delete the profile slot to keep any saves.

Can you try switching either or both PS4s between wifi and wired, if available, to see if that makes a difference?
If possible, testing with a mobile phone's wifi hotspot feature, or other available network, could help confirm if it is a network or system issue.

Try clearing the PS4 cache: press and hold the PlayStation button on the controller, select 'Turn Off PS4', wait another 30 second after it finishes shutting down, and start it again.
Posted By: ttdivine Re: PS 4- Connection Issue - 02/11/20 10:30 AM
Hi Raze.
My friend and I tried these suggestions when they were listed on the other thread but they did not help. It also seems quite a convoluted way to play the game with a friend (if it did work) when the standard join/invite should work without going through all these extra steps? Can anything else be done as I've owned the game for a few weeks now and still not been able to play.
Thanks
© Larian Studios forums