Larian Studios
Posted By: zixarr Unexplainable Performance Drop - 11/11/21 06:26 AM
I opened up DOS 2 DE this morning to find my FPS has dropped to unplayable levels (10 - 13 fps in Driftwood). I cannot seem to nail down the culprit... Everything was fine a few days ago. The only change to my computer since then was a Windows update, but I even rolled that back and it did not help.

System specs are:

Ryzen 7 3700X

32GB 3200MHz ram

970 EVO plus SSD

1080ti 11GB hybrid card

Attempted fixes:

-Rebooted PC

-Reloaded save

-Started new game

-Rolled back Windows update

-Updated Nvidia drivers

-Monkeyed with graphics settings... Slight improvements for absolutely tanking video quality but still bad

-Completely reinstalled game via Steam

-Monitored HW temps, nothing over 70C

I've been running the game just fine at 140 FPS until this morning. No mods. Other graphics intensive games run just fine. Nothing seems to restore previous performance levels for DOS2. halp!
Posted By: Elf_Fantasy Re: Unexplainable Performance Drop - 15/11/21 08:46 PM
I have the exact same problem, have tried several things and have not been able to fix it. Really hope something can be found, because even though its a turn based game in combat, this hurts my eyes.
We had a 5 hour session planned... We could not play because of this frown

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, fully updated on drivers

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8-Core

32 GB Ram

Crucial CT750 MX300 SSD 2 TB
Posted By: Elf_Fantasy Re: Unexplainable Performance Drop - 20/11/21 09:36 AM
Almost a week after my problems, I still can't play.
It gives 11 FPS if I'm on ultra 2560*1440P or very low graphics on 1920*1080...
It uses about 8% of the memory of my card, and refuses to do anything more than that. frown
Posted By: The Composer Re: Unexplainable Performance Drop - 20/11/21 09:49 AM
You should email 'support@larian.com' first and foremost, but I'll also offer some initial thoughts striking my mind:

Verify game files. Turn off non-essential software, particularly anything that injects overlays (if enabled) such as Discord, Steam Overlay, Overwolf, etc.

Open Nvidia Control Panel 3d settings for DOS2 and make sure that rendering GPU is set to use your Nvidia GPU and not internal GPU.
© Larian Studios forums