Larian Studios
I'm stuck. I need for my players to find a clue. It can be text in a book, or on a sheet of paper, or written on a tombstone. This has to be simple to create but for the life of me I am stumped.

How do I add text to a book/paper/tombstone?

"Manage" does not work. The "description" field of the item does not work (though it does appear when the player hover's over it). Opening the book will either reveal that "the book cannot be read" or will have some other predefined text, but I cannot change it.

Help! I'm hoping to run the campaign on Sunday.
Your best bet is the editor. Create a blank level for all your custom items and update that when needed.
You'll need to get the items as GM and place them as required.

Books are easy.
http://docs.larian.game/Creating_a_book_with_TEXT_inside

Wow. I spent an hour installing the editor, watching the tutorial video, and trying to create a level in which to create a book or piece of paper or tombstone.

I'm generally not afraid of getting my hands dirty. I've worked as a software engineer. I've edited DoS:2 save files. But this is just too much complexity and too steep of a learning curve for the purpose of creating a piece of paper with some text.

I do greatly appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. I'm going get by without, and hope that the GM tools make this an easy process in the near future.
Open "Manage" on the book/paper you want to edit after you spawn the item into your gameworld then choose the "book content" tab near the description window. Type away.
The cool thing with books, is the players can turn the pages to continue reading just like a real book.
Oh wow, I completely missed that. Thanks so much! I ran my first GM campaign with three players and we all enjoyed it a lot. I look forward to doing more.
© Larian Studios forums