Larian Studios
Posted By: Arsene Lupin Random Beta Feedback (bugs?) - 18/02/17 03:22 AM
Spent a little bit of time with the beta because the Pillars of Eternity 2 campaign got me all in that funky CRPG mood... and noticed some odd things that are maybe bugs? I'm sure Larian is aware of most of this stuff and I've full confidence it'll be fixed by release, but I've got some time and it never hurts to point this stuff out, right?

1. So an inebriated cat started following me around Fort Joy after I spoke to him, and the cat got his own quest point in the journal, so I assume he's *important* to the Fort Joy main questline... only at some point around the time of my first combat engagement after meeting him (with the teleporting crocodiles in the beach) he vanished. Was he supposed to disappear?

2. The combat log works, but none of the other logs work. At all. I frequently miss the little barking text that pops up over NPCc' heads, and it is not recorded in the log! (Yes, even with the appropriate check-boxes ticked)

3. There's seems to be something... weird with NPC gifts. What I think is going on as they are not being given at all. One NPC spoke of giving me a bell, but there was no bell in my inventory; another NPC (the elf-girl you can save from thugs in early on) said she gave me a gift, but the only new item in my inventory seemed to be a severed head. Which... maybe a picked up elsewhere? Or maybe the elf girl is handing out severed heads like party tokens? I dunno.

4. Can we get a text-input box in the trade and inventory menus? Just being able to type in a number when moving stacks around would be a huge timesaver. Especially for really big stacks--of things like gold, where you're using a tiny slider to find a really specific number.

5. Difficulty ain't finalized, right? Right? I started out in "Explorer mode" because I just wanted to get a feel for the game, but got absolutely wrecked in every combat encounter. I guess that's a bit par for the course with a Divinity game, but the "Explorer mode" description made me expect a... less intense ride.

---

EDIT1:

6. Seems to be a big bug with elemental fields. Casting a fire spell on a field of oil will also ignite nearby fields of oil that are not touching the targeted pool and well outside the spell radius; random areas sometimes ignite turning into a fire field. This happened right on top of my caster and killed her almost immediately.
Posted By: Hewman Re: Random Beta Feedback (bugs?) - 18/02/17 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Arsene Lupin

5. Difficulty ain't finalized, right? Right? I started out in "Explorer mode" because I just wanted to get a feel for the game, but got absolutely wrecked in every combat encounter. I guess that's a bit par for the course with a Divinity game, but the "Explorer mode" description made me expect a... less intense ride.

:D:D:D
You are right, son.
Posted By: Kalrakh Re: Random Beta Feedback (bugs?) - 18/02/17 10:46 AM
Balance is totally bonkers. ^^
© Larian Studios forums