Larian Studios
Posted By: Bearhug Random character feature please - 14/09/17 07:43 PM
Hey guys,
As much as I appreciate the option for people chiseling every detail of their game characters.
I am on the other side no control geek and prefer random character designs as I love the challenge they offer.

Maybe some step system were people can lock single features and can random others? (Basically like in the ESO character creation.)
That would be so awesome.

But I am sure you guys will have tons of more pressing issues on the table to fix game breaking bugs. I don't envy you for the workload to work down the road towards an enhanced edition in a year. wink
Posted By: Sybarit Re: Random character feature please - 03/10/17 02:04 PM
I would love that feature too!

Also, would be please have that just for appearance? I love clicking on a random button until I'm surprised by a cool combination I wouldn't have thought of myself, and select it.
Posted By: Bearhug Re: Random character feature please - 03/11/17 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Sybarit
I would love that feature too!

Also, would be please have that just for appearance? I love clicking on a random button until I'm surprised by a cool combination I wouldn't have thought of myself, and select it.

Good point. smile
Actually, I referred with my example to the appearance as well as that's what ESO does very nicely.
I find it also usually quite tedious to design my game character piece by piece like some genetically designed freak but prefer let randomness take its course.
But such a random system which allows individual locks for every feature would also work for the skill system as well.
I am very curious what the Larian team can surprise us with down the road in a year with their enhanced edition of D:OS2. wink
Posted By: vometia Re: Random character feature please - 04/11/17 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by Bearhug
Actually, I referred with my example to the appearance as well as that's what ESO does very nicely.

There's a certain irony that ESO does that but FO4 has removed all support for face randomisation: which I mention as I'm creating a mod with several NPCs and the process of adding them has probably become the most tedious part of the experience!

Er anyway, yeah, I'm all for both extra customisation and extra convenience when it comes to character design.
© Larian Studios forums