Larian Studios
Posted By: Jack_301 Multiplayer - Literally Why - 18/09/17 09:32 PM
Start this by saying I'm a big fan of the game so far, but perhaps my expectations of coop were a little high.

Enter into a game, get kicked instantly
Enter into another, silent and afk.
Enter into another, kicked.
(repeat down the list)

If I open my own game with connectivity menu, no one.
Needless to say, I'm just very confused at this point why people open their games, or if there's even a point to PUGs in DOS2.

So for my wishlist as "feedback" on the coop feature, please:
- streamline opening your game
- maybe a little explanation
- vote-kick or kick on a timer
- afk timer for open multi games
- allow your own character (level-scaled) to enter games
- keep some reward from coop, even gold, i don't care
- perhaps an option to deny randoms from doing game breaking things or questlines (helper only mode)

Also, note: I can walk into games, disband party, and wage war instantly for no reason. Not a bug necessarily, but troll-able.
Posted By: UnderworldHades Re: Multiplayer - Literally Why - 18/09/17 10:14 PM
There really is no point to PUG's. This isn't a MMO where you hop with PUGs for a dungeon or 2. You're putting in 50+ hours into a game. They might not like what you're building, maybe they're waiting on someone else.

This is a co-op game, if you want a PUG, then post on steam forums or here to find like-minded to play with, or play with your friends that might be interested. Should never rely on PUGs.
Posted By: Jack_301 Re: Multiplayer - Literally Why - 19/09/17 12:03 AM
[quote=UnderworldHades]There really is no point to PUG's. This isn't a MMO where you hop with PUGs for a dungeon or 2.[/quote]
The option is most definitely there, and if it isn't that type of game, why is it there exactly?
It's either the players or the devs that don't know.

[quote=UnderworldHades]maybe they're waiting on someone else.[/quote]
Invite and friends only is an option in the menu
Posted By: UnderworldHades Re: Multiplayer - Literally Why - 19/09/17 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by Jack_301
Originally Posted by UnderworldHades
There really is no point to PUG's. This isn't a MMO where you hop with PUGs for a dungeon or 2.

The option is most definitely there, and if it isn't that type of game, why is it there exactly?

maybe they're waiting on someone else.

Just bc it's there doesn't mean they know or want to use it.

People have their own reasons, I'm just taking a guess as to what's going on.

And just bc the option/lobby is there doesn't mean it'll be perfect. If people want to play using lobbies and kick, then that's on them. I told you what to do, make a thread to find people to play with or play with friends or solo.
Posted By: Kalrakh Re: Multiplayer - Literally Why - 19/09/17 02:34 AM
I tend to forget to change the connectivity setting, because it sadly does not get saved.

So if a random joins, it reminds me to change that.

But honestly, I have no idea, why people join randomly a game. This is not like Diablo, where you have your own character and take it with you.
Posted By: Gled Re: Multiplayer - Literally Why - 19/09/17 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
I tend to forget to change the connectivity setting, because it sadly does not get saved.

So if a random joins, it reminds me to change that.

But honestly, I have no idea, why people join randomly a game. This is not like Diablo, where you have your own character and take it with you.

This is the main reason I guess, happend to me several times. Connectivity settings is always defaulted as open...being caught by surprise couple of time asking myself why I couldn't control Sybille anymore...connectivity setting should stay defaulted as of last saved game connectivity setting.
Posted By: Jack_301 Re: Multiplayer - Literally Why - 19/09/17 09:22 PM
[quote=UnderworldHades]I told you what to do, make a thread to find people to play with or play with friends or solo. [/quote]
It's like you're siding with them in the suggestions forum. I don't get how it's acceptable to defend coop with, "I get that it's shitty, so don't use it because that's not what it's there for."
Posted By: UnderworldHades Re: Multiplayer - Literally Why - 20/09/17 06:57 PM
I told you what to do, make a thread to find people to play with or play with friends or solo.

It's like you're siding with them in the suggestions forum. I don't get how it's acceptable to defend coop with, "I get that it's shitty, so don't use it because that's not what it's there for."

I'm not "siding" with anyone, I just told you what to do. And if the people don't want you in a game, nothing can be done. This isn't a Dev problem, its a community problem. Those can't be fixed, so you can just say its "broken" but nothing can be done.

What should Devs do? Make it impossible to kick people? Add time limits before kicking?
Posted By: Kalrakh Re: Multiplayer - Literally Why - 20/09/17 07:49 PM
They should change it, so that closed settings are the automatic settings.
Posted By: Nightmarian Re: Multiplayer - Literally Why - 20/09/17 10:25 PM
There really is no point to PUG's. This isn't a MMO where you hop with PUGs for a dungeon or 2.

maybe they're waiting on someone else.

The option ISN'T there, once you're in the game you're there. You're either going to be stuck with one of their premades they might not want you changing or creating a main character they will have to be stuck playing 40 hours in when you stop showing up. You can't hop in and out with your same character. This isn't fake multiplayer like Borderlands.

You're supposed to have friends. You're supposed to get your friends together into one single play file. You're supposed to meet together EVERY time and play, then quit at the same time. There's people WITH friends who can't even play a real co op game; they need an MMORPG style game where their friend can join them every once in a while so they can "play alone together" which is fucking sad. Very few co op games actually make co op meaningful and Divinty Original Sin is included in there, just not as badly as most other games like Borderlands.

So stop. The point of the multiplayer is to sit down and go through a 60 hour game the entire way with one group of people. If you don't have a constant group like that you're better off playing alone, it's an excellent cRPG and you really don't need people to enjoy it. In fact, I'd say its a better game alone, but hey, few RPGs these days have such a well down co op experience so why not if you got a dependable group.

Posted By: Jack_301 Re: Multiplayer - Literally Why - 21/09/17 06:02 AM
What should Devs do? Make it impossible to kick people? Add time limits before kicking?

Shame I didn't suggest this in the OP lol
Originally Posted by Nightmarian
The option ISN'T there, once you're in the game you're there.

Except coop is literally in the menu, and advertised as such in the TRAILER lol "drop-in drop-out as the mood strikes you!"
Originally Posted by Nightmarian
You're supposed to have friends....
So stop. The point of the multiplayer is...

And the rest of your post is basically just how you think multiplayer should be and that I should "stop"
Posted By: Cyka Re: Multiplayer - Literally Why - 21/09/17 10:37 AM
I told you what to do, make a thread to find people to play with or play with friends or solo.

I'm not "siding" with anyone, I just told you what to do. And if the people don't want you in a game, nothing can be done. This isn't a Dev problem, its a community problem. Those can't be fixed, so you can just say its "broken" but nothing can be done.

Actually a time limit and a fixed number of banlists would encourage people to weed out the trolls and cooperate with strangers. Vote kick for pure pubs would be nice too. Plenty of solutions here.
© Larian Studios forums