Larian Studios
Posted By: miaasma surface interaction with "flight" skills - 04/01/18 01:47 AM
since launch i've noticed that, on a consistent basis, flying over a surface causes it to affect you despite the lack of contact. for example, flying over a cursed poison surface will cause you to take damage, or flying over an oil surface while on fire will cause the oil to ignite. this makes no sense to me, so i can't imagine it being intended, but it doesn't seem to be a bug either. maybe an oversight?

either way, i think this should be fixed. to be clear, i don't mean simply running over a surface with wings activated (which does cause you to avoid the surface until you come to a full stop), i mean actually using "flight" over the surface. it's puzzling to me why the former would prevent surface interaction but the latter wouldn't
Posted By: 123xzcs Re: surface interaction with "flight" skills - 04/01/18 12:54 PM
If you're not talking about the Spread Your Wings skill, then what other type of 'flight' are you talking about?
Posted By: miaasma Re: surface interaction with "flight" skills - 04/01/18 06:18 PM
i made it general because i noticed this occurring during the voidlings fight near the black pits; if an oil voidling that was on fire used its leap skill to pass over an oil surface, the oil surface would ignite despite it not making contact with the voidling

but i think you misread my post, because i am talking about Spread your Wings, but only in the capacity of using the "flight" skill associated with it. i was clarifying that i wasn't talking about simply floating over surfaces with wings activated, which seems to work as it should in avoiding surfaces
Posted By: 123xzcs Re: surface interaction with "flight" skills - 04/01/18 10:42 PM
Thanks for let me know that Spread Your Wings gives another ability, because apparently the game isn't informative enough about these things, until you learn and try it.

Anyway, I tried using Flight to leap over a fire surface, and my character wasn't affected by it. Not sure if this is what you mean...

As to the voidlings leaping over surfaces and igniting them without making any contact, that sounds like a bug.
Posted By: miaasma Re: surface interaction with "flight" skills - 05/01/18 12:37 AM
it's hit or miss. during combat you'll definitely notice it, but it seems inconsistent
© Larian Studios forums